or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone - Page 95

post #1411 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Nice try but this goes beyond a free speech issue:

No doubt you're right. Took the first apparently relevant hit from six seconds of googing during a conference call. cheers.gif
post #1412 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

No doubt you're right. Took the first apparently relevant hit from six seconds of googing during a conference call. cheers.gif

I hate when that happens!
post #1413 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I hate when that happens!

Bonus points on this one for the employer having an awesome name.

http://www.businessinsider.com/voted-for-obama-youre-fired-2009-10
post #1414 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

It's not an exclusive tactic. And it wouldn't have any traction as a tactic if there weren't such a thing as real bigotry. When it's used as a tactic, the people so using are leveraging the appropriate outrage rooted in actual bigotry and discrimination to and misappropriating for their own purposes.
And what definition of "claims" are you using in your denominator?
If people you hang out with say criticism of Obama makes you a racist, you just need new friends. Skim through this forum. Piobaire and Harvey vociferously criticize Obama and are not called racists as a result.

In other words, stop making shit up to justify your pathetic victim complex.

Look at any other comment section other than styleforum and you will see this tactic used repeatedly. I don't see how you can even, in good conscious, claim that this is me making shit up to justify any sort of victim complex.
post #1415 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

Look at any other comment section other than styleforum and you will see this tactic used repeatedly. I don't see how you can even, in good conscious, claim that this is me making shit up to justify any sort of victim complex.

Majority of claims, whatever "claims" are supposed to mean here? Of course you're making shit up. "Majority" actually has a meaning in English, it's not just an intensifier to be thrown in when you want to pretend there's data supporting your ispe dixit conclusion.

I already said it gets used as a tactic. So does accusing people of being PC when they're objecting to real bigotry, or calling people socialists, or making strained analogies to "Hitler Youth". But the fact that people use such a tactic against you sometimes in conversation is not evidence that the tactic is a tool designed exclusively to persecute you and those who agree with you.

To return to the main point: it's not really the government's job to protect you from being butthurt by comments on the internet. And if you want to make fag or nigger jokes at the dinner table, make them. Just don't whine and cry when people tell you you're being a dick.
post #1416 of 2656
lurker[1].gifdeadhorse-a.giflurker[1].gif
post #1417 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

lurker[1].gifdeadhorse-a.giflurker[1].gif

You should be banned from SF for making light of animal abuse.
post #1418 of 2656
post #1419 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Majority of claims, whatever "claims" are supposed to mean here? Of course you're making shit up. "Majority" actually has a meaning in English, it's not just an intensifier to be thrown in when you want to pretend there's data supporting your ispe dixit conclusion.

I already said it gets used as a tactic. So does accusing people of being PC when they're objecting to real bigotry, or calling people socialists, or making strained analogies to "Hitler Youth". But the fact that people use such a tactic against you sometimes in conversation is not evidence that the tactic is a tool designed exclusively to persecute you and those who agree with you.

To return to the main point: it's not really the government's job to protect you from being butthurt by comments on the internet. And if you want to make fag or nigger jokes at the dinner table, make them. Just don't whine and cry when people tell you you're being a dick.
It's funny you claim that it's not a tactic as there's a group of democrats actively calling it a tactic that they need to change. Even bill maher speaks about this and had to deal with it with Ben affleck.
post #1420 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


I already said it gets used as a tactic. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

It's funny you claim that it's not a tactic

Straw men are people too, you know.
post #1421 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


Straw men are people too, you know.

Yeah sorry about that. I'm posting while at work.
post #1422 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

Yeah sorry about that. I'm posting while at work.

Now that can get you fired. rimshot.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post


Do you buy some cheap knock-off brand of soup? Alphabet memes work better if you learn to spell.
post #1423 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Now that can get you fired. rimshot.gif

Thank god I have equity in the company because posting on styleforum is much more important.
post #1424 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by wojt View Post

true, I know that it's just a bad law though
Half of this forum could be fired from their jobs for posts in "adventures in online dating" or "i need feminism because" because SJWs gangs have such power.

The power of SJWs is vastly overstated.

People get in trouble if they're A) dumb enough to associate their real names with their online presence B) unlucky enough to draw the attention of some SJW C) subsequently unlucky enough for said "controversy" to go viral.


This happens pretty rarely. Almost nobody has an anonymous internet persona get doxxed for offensive views and then punished in real life for it, and most of the time when that happens, it's some group like Anonymous and not SJWs.
post #1425 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

this isn't an example of begging the question.
You're right - thanks for the correction That was really sloppy (and incorrect) shorthand for the fact that the comment glossed over that question or distinction, which was a key point of the previous discussion,
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone