or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone - Page 91

post #1351 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Merkel promised today during her speech at the national party convention, that she would work towards lowering the amount of migrants in Germany, as the current level isn't sustainable. Someone woke up it seems.

 

Dream on. :confused: 

post #1352 of 2656
Thread Starter 
I would like to see the entire Middle East and Asia move to Europe and the UK. Think of the big race tracks we could build in all of that empty space.
post #1353 of 2656
Camel racing is pretty sweet. About time the West got in on it.
post #1354 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Merkel promised today during her speech at the national party convention, that she would work towards lowering the amount of migrants in Germany, as the current level isn't sustainable. Someone woke up it seems.

 

Empty words from a worthless figurehead. (Merkel, not you ;) )

post #1355 of 2656
2 people have been convicted (life in prison) in Sweden for terror done in Syria. 2 iraqi's are charged with having been accomplices in a massacre in Finland.
post #1356 of 2656
post #1357 of 2656
Article is upfront with the cause of his lunacy: he's white.
post #1358 of 2656
But Wallace, 23,

I wonder how many of these awful jackasses are under 25.
post #1359 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugotes View Post

From what I can observe over the internet and other media, the restriction of free speech is way stronger in the USA by SJWs and other very vocal minorities, as opposed to Europe. Though the idea to cry about hurt feelings and trigger warnings is slowly making it's way over here, too.
Well, there's a real difference between social stigma and legal restrictions when it comes to speech. Are there a number of folks in the U.S. who judge, shame, and cry at any perceived offensive speech? Sure. But if you're going to get all butthurt about how people respond to what you say, that's your problem. The fact that somebody on Facebook might call you a micro-racist or a supporter of rape culture isn't really a "restriction" on your freedom of speech, however annoying it might be.
post #1360 of 2656
What about when it "goes viral" and CNN reports it as national news, and you get fired?
post #1361 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

What about when it "goes viral" and CNN reports it as national news, and you get fired?

Same answer. Getting fired because something you said got back to your boss /=/ legal restrictions on your speech.
post #1362 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


Well, there's a real difference between social stigma and legal restrictions when it comes to speech. Are there a number of folks in the U.S. who judge, shame, and cry at any perceived offensive speech? Sure. But if you're going to get all butthurt about how people respond to what you say, that's your problem. The fact that somebody on Facebook might call you a micro-racist or a supporter of rape culture isn't really a "restriction" on your freedom of speech, however annoying it might be.

 

All true. I just feel like Hollywood and TV shows are under pressure of PC and thus somehow change public reception of how things really are. Not really a free speech issue, though, as you say, more of a social stigma.

 

The only European free speech laws I'm aware of are for public racial hatred and Holocaust denial and the like. Is that already more restrictive than in the US?

post #1363 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Same answer. Getting fired because something you said got back to your boss /=/ legal restrictions on your speech.
Wrong.
When the low does not protect you in aforementioned case it is indeed a restriction on free speech. No employer has a right to fire a person for his political or social views. Firing someone for speech is a prosecution , government that does not protect free speech in these cases is 100% complicit.
post #1364 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugotes View Post

All true. I just feel like Hollywood and TV shows are under pressure of PC and thus somehow change public reception of how things really are. Not really a free speech issue, though, as you say, more of a social stigma.

The only European free speech laws I'm aware of are for public racial hatred and Holocaust denial and the like. Is that already more restrictive than in the US?


Please tell me we're not back on the "ZOMG Walking Dead is caving to PCness they have gay people on the show I can't believe they'd distort reality like that!!!" thing again.
post #1365 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

Wrong.
When the low does not protect you in aforementioned case it is indeed a restriction on free speech. No employer has a right to fire a person for his political or social views. Firing someone for speech is a prosecution , government that does not protect free speech in these cases is 100% complicit.

Wrong. First amendment protects your free speech by the government. Getting fired is a totally different issue, especially if you have signed a contract agreeing to a code of conduct.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone