or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone - Page 78

post #1156 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

It's more like one a year plus all the broken up plots, but I don't disagree with the sentiment.

I wonder if Islamism isn't just an outlet for disturbed weirdos who don't identify with society, at least in the US. Most of these people were born here, are citizens and everything. They just don't fit into society for whatever reason, and end up identifying with ISIS or Al Qaeda. The lone wolf nutjob white guys have their own causes to identify with, but it seems like similar expressions. You have to really go out of your way to get radicalized in the US, especially since most of their families seem to be pretty ordinary.

Stuff like the Paris shootings are obviously not the same kind of thing.
post #1157 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

It's more like one a year plus all the broken up plots, but I don't disagree with the sentiment.

I wonder if Islamism isn't just an outlet for disturbed weirdos who don't identify with society, at least in the US. 

Name me a religion that isn't. Remember what that famous philosopher Stevie Wonder said "When you believe in things you don't understand ,you suffer

post #1158 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

The problem is that we have agreed to follow the ohchr human rights laws, which essentially means people who can claim shit like that have a get out of jail free card.

I'm fairly sure he will have a bad time in jail and most likely not get out alive.

I am pretty certain you are wrong. Do you know what Finnish jails are? Have you ever read of anyone getting killed in Finnish jail?
post #1159 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

It's more like one a year plus all the broken up plots, but I don't disagree with the sentiment.

I wonder if Islamism isn't just an outlet for disturbed weirdos who don't identify with society, at least in the US. Most of these people were born here, are citizens and everything. They just don't fit into society for whatever reason, and end up identifying with ISIS or Al Qaeda. The lone wolf nutjob white guys have their own causes to identify with, but it seems like similar expressions. You have to really go out of your way to get radicalized in the US, especially since most of their families seem to be pretty ordinary.

Stuff like the Paris shootings are obviously not the same kind of thing.

if you're actually interested in stuff like this, you can check out the work of Scott Atran. He's discussed a lot on radicalization, etc. People will probably dismiss him as being a hack academic making a pretty penny off the current climate of fear, but he's reached certain conclusions that are in accordance with, say, the recent study put out by the British intelligence (behavioral science unit operational briefing note) and discussion of issues like self-radicalization
post #1160 of 2656
post #1161 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I wonder if Islamism isn't just an outlet for disturbed weirdos who don't identify with society, at least in the US. Most of these people were born here, are citizens and everything. They just don't fit into society for whatever reason, and end up identifying with ISIS or Al Qaeda. The lone wolf nutjob white guys have their own causes to identify with, but it seems like similar expressions. You have to really go out of your way to get radicalized in the US, especially since most of their families seem to be pretty ordinary.

Stuff like the Paris shootings are obviously not the same kind of thing.

There are different kinds of "not fitting in" -- this guy had a steady job, a wife, a kid. He's not fitting the typical mass killer profile of the loser lashing out at society.
post #1162 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

Name me a religion that isn't. Remember what that famous philosopher Stevie Wonder said "When you believe in things you don't understand ,you suffer


This is complete garbage and you know it. I expected better of you.
post #1163 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medwed View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

The problem is that we have agreed to follow the ohchr human rights laws, which essentially means people who can claim shit like that have a get out of jail free card.

I'm fairly sure he will have a bad time in jail and most likely not get out alive.

I am pretty certain you are wrong. Do you know what Finnish jails are? Have you ever read of anyone getting killed in Finnish jail?

I know Danish and Swedish jails and how rapists, childmolestors get treated and I have heard of people getting beaten to death in those.
post #1164 of 2656
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

As long as we are looking at threatening groups 
http://www.alternet.org/story/149500/hate_and_violence_are_encoded_in_the_dna_of_the_american_right

Thanks. I see great trolling opportunity.
post #1165 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post
 

 I expected better of you.


:(

post #1166 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

As long as we are looking at threatening groups 
http://www.alternet.org/story/149500/hate_and_violence_are_encoded_in_the_dna_of_the_american_right

It's hard to argue with the fact all the violent rhetoric in the US is on the part of the right.













post #1167 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post

As long as we are looking at threatening groups 
http://www.alternet.org/story/149500/hate_and_violence_are_encoded_in_the_dna_of_the_american_right
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's hard to argue with the fact all the violent rhetoric in the US is on the part of the right.













Uh,that was the point

post #1168 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

There are different kinds of "not fitting in" -- this guy had a steady job, a wife, a kid. He's not fitting the typical mass killer profile of the loser lashing out at society.


This situation is really unusual on a couple levels. Be interesting to find out more details.
post #1169 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

There are different kinds of "not fitting in" -- this guy had a steady job, a wife, a kid. He's not fitting the typical mass killer profile of the loser lashing out at society.


This situation is really unusual on a couple levels. Be interesting to find out more details.


I honestly believe these two have been putting some act of violence together for a while. The recent attitude of some of the public possibly coupled with a disagreement in the work place were the trigger. This is my theory. 

post #1170 of 2656
Quote:
Originally Posted by englade321 View Post


I honestly believe these two have been putting some act of violence together for a while. The recent attitude of some of the public possibly coupled with a disagreement in the work place were the trigger. This is my theory. 

The guy went on an online dating site looking for a bride. He must of been 25, or 26 at the time. His lack of game, probably made him easily influenced by a woman. I notice no ex-girlfriends have been coming forward. That chick was probably the first piece of ass he had. The whole thing is sad, and odd.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Migrants, Immigrants, Refugees, and Aliens in Euro-Zone