or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and Reproductions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and Reproductions - Page 7

post #91 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post
 

I think that fit is spot on. It's perfectly neat fitting for the style and I would have trouble imagining a better fit OTR 

 

Any back fit pics?

 

Sorry, no back pics yet. I haven't figured out how to do those on my own. ;)

 

Thanks for the input. As I mentioned in the other leather jacket thread, my main concern is wether I should keep this or go the full MTM route. Problem is I don't know what to expect from the latter in terms of fit. Would it make anything better?

post #92 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodog View Post
 

 

Sorry, no back pics yet. I haven't figured out how to do those on my own. ;)

 

Thanks for the input. As I mentioned in the other leather jacket thread, my main concern is wether I should keep this or go the full MTM route. Problem is I don't know what to expect from the latter in terms of fit. Would it make anything better?

Are you going to ride in it? If so, you may want/need a little length on the sleeve. The sleeve is likely to shorten a bit as it creases so just be aware of that. The torso fit looks really good to me, including the torso length. If you're not riding, are personally happy with the torso length (I would be), and ok with losing a little sleeve length than I say keep it.  

post #93 of 141

This jacket is EVERYTHING!! loving the fit and the zippers

post #94 of 141
The J-100 fits you great. Any chance we could get some macro shots of the grain, zippers, and stitching? I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison to the J-100's from Himel and RMC.
post #95 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzghon View Post

The J-100 fits you great. Any chance we could get some macro shots of the grain, zippers, and stitching? I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison to the J-100's from Himel and RMC.

 

I'll try and get a couple of detail shots for you during the coming week.

post #96 of 141
Thread Starter 
Will get some fit pics over the weekend, but picked up a Black CXL FQHH Aero Highwayman, with zip sleeves, shoulder gussets, nickel hardware and with the historic Highwayman label used. This is THE classic Aero jacket, the one that put them on the map. The HH is a bit thicker than usual on this jacket, but paradoxically softer than usual. Lined in red cotton drill.



post #97 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGold View Post

Will get some fit pics over the weekend, but picked up a Black CXL FQHH Aero Highwayman, with zip sleeves, shoulder gussets, nickel hardware and with the historic Highwayman label used. This is THE classic Aero jacket, the one that put them on the map. The HH is a bit thicker than usual on this jacket, but paradoxically softer than usual. Lined in red cotton drill.
 

 

Nice!! The combination of black, nickel and red lining feels very "Rocker" 1950-60's and is a nice change around from all the brown versions of that jacket, 

post #98 of 141
Thread Starter 
Black CXL FQHH Aero Highwayman. Weighs a hair over 7 pounds and room in this one to layer for winter.



post #99 of 141
Excellent thread idea! Subscribed immediately. I've been window shopping Aero jackets for a couple of years now, and it will soon be time to pull the trigger. Remarkably few fit pictures out there though - at least of the models in which I'm interested. Not looking for a bike jacket, need something a bit longer.

Ideal coat would be brown or perhaps cordovan Front Quarter Horsehide, something like the front of a Lost Worlds Bedford (or single-breasted Aero Barnstormer) with side-adjusters instead of a full belt, the back of a Teamster, some sort of wool lining, a throat latch and removable brown mouton collar. High, wool-lined handwarmer pockets. Lower cargo pockets with fastening flap. An inside pocket on each side, large enough to hold a moleskin notebook, large smartphone, passport, etc. High armholes, slim sleeves, bi-swing back, and a taper from shoulder to waist (I'm 6'1", 175lbs, wearing a 40L jacket & a 32" waist, and hate bulky winter coats).

Looking for a water-resistant horsehide jacket I can use at work & on the town, and all through Chicago's dire fall, winter & early spring - Does anyone here have a Barnstormer? (Standard or with shearling lining & shawl-collar) Or the new "Premier Range 1920s Work Coat"? Would love your reviews & photographs!

I'm not stuck on Aero, they just seem to be the nearest to my target. Open to any & all suggestions of other manufacturers (though I am partial to Horween out of hometown pride wink.gif ).



Horsehide original spotted on eBay, double-breasted sans belt


Front of Lost Worlds Bedford


Back of an Aero Teamster, grabbed from elsewhere on Styleforum
post #100 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzghon View Post

The J-100 fits you great. Any chance we could get some macro shots of the grain, zippers, and stitching? I'd love to see a side-by-side comparison to the J-100's from Himel and RMC.

 

Ok, somewhat later than I promised, but here are a bunch of pictures that I hope show what you're looking for. Let me know if you need a shot of anything else. 

 

These shots are all large high-res pics. So if you want to check out them in detail, just pull up the original in your browser.

 


 

MORE pics.... (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #101 of 141
Hey guys...need a bit of help on fitting advice - as I'm a completely newbie when it comes to leather jacket.

So - I just got myself an aero leather premier August 1930s - but as I'm wearing it - it seems like the arms are "bowing" / "curving" to the sides (attahing the picture here.) The opening also seems wide

I'm not completely sure if it's because the jacket is really new and will take some time to break in, or if this is a really bad fit (I'm kinda thinking that the jacket shoulders need to be wider and the opening narrower.) I do have an athletic build and this jacket is a size 42

Many thanks in advance for your help guys!

post #102 of 141
It's kinda tough given your stance/pose. Is it possible to get one w/ a more natural arm position?

To me, the shoulders don't look bad and I'm not sure I notice much of an issue on the arms outside of, what appears to probably be, the way you are holding your arms out (and maybe forward a bit?)

Is this FQHH?
post #103 of 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post

It's kinda tough given your stance/pose. Is it possible to get one w/ a more natural arm position?

To me, the shoulders don't look bad and I'm not sure I notice much of an issue on the arms outside of, what appears to probably be, the way you are holding your arms out (and maybe forward a bit?)

Is this FQHH?



There we go
It is FQHH
post #104 of 141
The sleeves look good to me. If I'm being nit picky I would say you could have probably gone slightly wider on the shoulders but it's not bad. Overall it's a badass jacket man. Wear it hard and when that FQHH breaks in it'll be even better
post #105 of 141

Does anyone have experience with eastman leathers? particularly their ELMC brand. Looking to get their asymmetrical moto jacket but have never seen their finished products before. its between that or the RRL x Schott moto jacket from last season. 

 

Would like it to double as my around town moto jacket without armor 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and Reproductions