Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and Reproductions Last post on 8/3/16 at 1:43pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:43 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jacket Help: Langlitz vs Lost Worlds vs Lewis Last post on 7/23/15 at 6:34am in Streetwear and Denim
Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How do I take care of lambskin leather? (Jacket)Last edited: 3/24/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets - Page 53post #782 of 206311/5/15 at 6:07amQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyPunch
On this topic, I think no one has complained yet about "veins" in coloured lamb. My dark wine jacket has no trace of them. Why is that? Coincidence? Coloured lambskin is glazed? Corrected grain?
I used to think like that. No lamb leather, only super thick stuff (same for denim and things like that). I've changed my mind. I still have heavier stuff for the fun of breaking it in, but when I want to look good it's not the stuff I reach for.
The colored leathers are probably aniline or semi aniline and most likely corrected top grain leather. This does not mean that it'slow quality. The famous Horween chromexel, for example is a corrected top grain leather. The cheap stuff comes from the middle splits.post #783 of 206311/5/15 at 8:17ampost #784 of 206311/5/15 at 8:28amI don't know, I've had a few nights in my ToJ lambskin where I was drunk and fell onto the concrete or something, and my jacket has a ton of scratches and one or two tears in the sleeves--I don't really care at this point since it adds to the jacket's character, but I'd +1 LA Guy's comment on durability.post #785 of 206311/5/15 at 8:42ampost #786 of 206311/5/15 at 11:10am
Received my black lamb DR1 in Los Angeles on Friday October 30th -- payment was sent Sept 30th, so very quick turnaround. I'll put up some pics soon!
Avoided the whole TOJ mess (and only really found out about it a few weeks ago, leading to my Falcon purchase). That said, thoughts:
- Charly was excellent to communicate with! Very responsive and very helpful. The whole process was quick and easy.
- Lamb is NOT veiny. However, it is a lot thinner than expected. I caved and bought a black lamb moto on grailed, while waiting. That one IS VERY veiny, but also feels like it's about 1.5-1.75 times as thick, and definitely weighs more. (Makes me wonder -- are the thicker hides the veinier ones?) I'll take pics of this and I can actually accurately weigh it with a shipping scale. (Of course, apples to oranges because the models are different, but the measurements are +- .5" for every category.)
I was initially pretty disappointed about this, but as I live in LA, it makes the jacket more wearable for more of the year. Thing is, I planned to buy a calf DR in the future, so overall, I'm okay with it. I was also planning to buy a black lamb bomber next, but I've decided against it, because of the thickness of the lamb. Not sold on goat's texture -- but, perhaps.
- Definitely is "buttery" and soft like everyone describes it! Feels wonderful and silky smooth. Zippers are badass + inner pockets are very cool and useful.
- A few tiny nicks and scratches here and there, most noticeable around the sleeve zipper. Don't care -- this will happen within a week of normal use.
- I was hesitant about front facing zips and, well, I don't like them in person. I do feel like the DR1 has a significant amount of hardware (despite people saying that it does not feel like it in person) and the zips on the sleeve just feel like too much -- too in your face. It's totally a preference thing, but I don't think I would order another Falcon DR unless rear facing zips were an option. (Again, just me!)
- Fit is pretty good, not perfect. I deviated from Charly's length by going .5" shorter and I regret that. Not a deal breaker, but trust people when they say trust Charly! The sleeves, however, are a lot wider than I would like. I did tell Charly I'm working out and expect to get bigger (which should fill the bicep and forearm section out nicely), but the cuff feels way too baggy, even with a watch on my left wrist.
The confirmed measurement was 5.0" at cuff, I measured it at 5.3". Again, not a huge deal, but I will definitely make a note to size down the cuff if I order again in the future.
- I understand both sides of the discussion here -- people being nitpicky about these small details and others thinking it's a bit ridiculous. To me, $870 is a lot of money, so I think it's justified for people to raise any issues/questions about quality and design. As far as I am concerned, Falcon delivered and I got what I ordered. The cuffs are the only things that kind of bug me, but I would definitely purchase another jacket.
- Overall, I am pleased with the purchase! If rear facing zips and no epaulets are an option on the belted DR, when it is "released" I would definitely buy one in calf, with slight adjustments based on my first jacket.post #787 of 206311/5/15 at 12:32pmpost #788 of 206311/5/15 at 1:39pmpost #789 of 206311/5/15 at 6:09pmpost #790 of 206311/5/15 at 7:03pmpost #791 of 206311/5/15 at 8:07pmpost #792 of 206311/5/15 at 8:49pm
Hey guys. I also ordered my jacket on Sept 30 and received it a month later on Oct 30. My thoughts on the lamb are almost identical to what ji992 had said. I also happen to live in LA so I'm not as disappointed as I should be as it would be more wearable throughout the year. Would also like to note that the lamb is super buttery and oh so comfortable to wear. It does feels frail though but I don't plan to ride or do anything stupid with it. The nicks/scratches don't bother me but I am afraid of getting rips. I actually like the front facing zippers so no complaints there. I do wish the sleeves were a bit longer but then that's my problem as I opted for stock size 47. I do prefer longer sleeves like my rick so it's more preference than anything. Next time I order, I'll be doing m2m. Also, the only veins I can notice are the ones on top of my back but despite some flaws, a definitely happy purchase.
Edited by Azurewrath - 11/5/15 at 10:21pmpost #793 of 206311/6/15 at 4:51am
hi everyone, sally here :)
as some of you may know, i've been working with falcon for about a month now. we're settling in nicely with our roles, and i have a few announcements to make-
some people have asked about the gunmetal and all-black hardware options... we are looking into a lead and are hoping to make this an option for our jackets
as always, we're looking for a variety of hide choices. dan and i will be able to spread out to markets a bit further out for calf and lamb suede. i'll be updating with suede swatches in the near future!
and finally, our belted DR sample is nearing completion... i had a look today and it looks pretty rad. we're expecting the finishing touches to be done around monday/tuesday korea time, at which point it gets the final yay/nay. will post pics
i look forward to communicating with you guys here on styleforum - i'll be around to answer anything i canpost #794 of 206311/6/15 at 5:04amThread Starterpost #795 of 206311/6/15 at 5:38am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Rudy 33 - Green Donegal 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 20 minutes ago
- › NEW Tom Ford Glen Plaid 3-Piece Suit Size 46C/36S 21 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway