or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets - Page 48

post #706 of 2069

didn't realize you could get the ma-1 in calf.

 

don't do any type of knee jerk reactions like sticking it in the shower the second you get it

post #707 of 2069
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuDeTa View Post

My calf M1 arrived, fits great - will post pics later.


I seem to remember Charly (or was it Drew?) once posting info about breaking-in and removing the sheen - can anyone remember (find) that post, i've tried?

The calf-skin is a little too shiny for my liking - Is getting in the shower with it a good idea?


 

Just wear it and the elements will takes care of the rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

didn't realize you could get the ma-1 in calf.

don't do any type of knee jerk reactions like sticking it in the shower the second you get it

M1 = moto smile.gif
post #708 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuDeTa View Post
 

My calf M1 arrived, fits great - will post pics later.

I seem to remember Charly (or was it Drew?) once posting info about breaking-in and removing the sheen - can anyone remember (find) that post, i've tried?

 

The calf-skin is a little too shiny for my liking - Is getting in the shower with it a good idea?

 


I believe you should soak it but maybe someone can do a step by step for you.

post #709 of 2069
Any calf suede options coming soon?
post #710 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuDeTa View Post
 

I seem to remember Charly (or was it Drew?) once posting info about breaking-in and removing the sheen - can anyone remember (find) that post, i've tried?

 

 

Try this

https://youtu.be/3DhgTgHMPcY?t=4m18s

post #711 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchariybrown View Post

Heads up!


- Belted DR incoming: T-minus a couple days haha

- Order queue is open right now for all jackets. So if you don't feel like waiting on the wait list before getting in the queue, this would be the time to do it. Lead time is will probably be 2-4 weeks (no more than that).

- There's only enough hides of that really nice navy calfskin that Daniel found left for 1 jacket (MAYBE 2 more jackets), so if you wanted that, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Please advise what modifications are allowed on the belted DR when it is announced. Thanks!
post #712 of 2069
Would be very happy to see some good sample pics (fit pics if possible) of the belted DR when it comes out.
post #713 of 2069

Here are some pics of my A2 in brown goat. I'm 6'5", 230 lbs, and I lift regularly.

 

It fits perfectly through the body and sleeves. I shortened the torso of the black lamb CWU that I ordered by 0.6" although I think the longer length is fine for this jacket.

 

I'm a big fan of this jacket in goat. It feels more durable than lamb, which I've had on two previous TOJ CWUs (one lost, one no longer fits), and yet the jacket still drapes pretty nicely. I've had to send my current CWU to a leather repair shop twice to fix tears at an elbow and on the back. I'm still sticking with black lamb for my new Falcon CWU on order since I think that jacket works better in lamb. The A2 feels more rugged and is well suited to the pebbly texture, IMO.

 

Jacket measurements. I had to go MTM. Chest is about 2" bigger and sleeves over 1" longer than the largest stock size.
 

shoulders

19.5"

chest (pit-to-pit)

25.3"

midsection

23.0"

waist

22.4"

body length, front

25.5"

body length, back

28.0"

sleeve length, from shoulder

28.7"

sleeve width @ pit

8.5"

sleeve width @ elbow

7.1"

sleeve width @ cuff

5.8"

 

 

 
More pics (Click to show)
 

 

 

 

 

Fur

 

Close up of the grain

post #714 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertdinner2 View Post

So I got mine in and I'm not quite sure what to think...does anyone think that it looks navy?

 

Did you get a look at it outside?

post #715 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

Did you get a look at it outside?
yes it looks better but it was a very dark overcast and raining so i didnt get pics yet
post #716 of 2069

I love the DR1, but I'm on the fence on ordering the calfskin vs the goatskin. Can anyone compare/contrast the weight and warmth of these materials? I'd really appreciate it. 

post #717 of 2069

Hey, I've been on Styleforum for a while but never got around to making an account.

 

25/9 - Sent measurements for V1

26/9 - Placed on waitlist

30/9 - Prompted for payment

22/10 - Given tracking info

28/10 - Jacket was delivered!! (Canada)

 

 

I asked for MTM, but Charly suggested a stock 47. I love the fit and feel of the jacket, thanks for putting up with all my emails!

post #718 of 2069

Are there any swatches of the available suedes?

post #719 of 2069
I dunno if it's just me but I feel like the jacket I got, navy lamb dr2, is really thin. The fit is great and everything looks great it's just sooo thin imo. I couldn't believe how light the box was lol. I had another older TOJ that I got secondhand that I'm pretty sure was lamb and it was heavy. Like thick and juicy. This is like a spring jacket and could not really be worn in winter without a hoodie. I don't know if maybe I just had the wrong expectations for the leather but besides that it's great.
post #720 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertdinner2 View Post

I dunno if it's just me but I feel like the jacket I got, navy lamb dr2, is really thin. The fit is great and everything looks great it's just sooo thin imo. I couldn't believe how light the box was lol. I had another older TOJ that I got secondhand that I'm pretty sure was lamb and it was heavy. Like thick and juicy. This is like a spring jacket and could not really be worn in winter without a hoodie. I don't know if maybe I just had the wrong expectations for the leather but besides that it's great.


i like a thin jacket personally. i had a goatskin jacket that was super lightweight and thin and i had no problem wearing all year round. i could also wear it in 'da club' and do the hotline bling dance without sweating balls. anything below 75 was jacket weather.

 

my new jacket is lamb, much much thicker and gets pretty uncomfortable above 65. i definitely don't wanna wear it indoors because it's so warm and i really only foresee myself wearing it 1.5 seasons out of the year. i think i underestimated how versatile the goatskin is again :devil:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets