That just looks very lightly glazed, if at all. Glazing is... typically not like a donut. Instead, the leather is pressed to get rid of most of the grain. My advice - just live with it. The stuf I'm doing with Luxire has a flatter quality, which I think that a lot of people like, but you know what style you are getting with Falcon.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and Reproductions Last post on 2/16/17 at 7:36am in Streetwear and Denim
- Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/18/17 at 9:18am in Classic Menswear
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 11:41 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jacket Help: Langlitz vs Lost Worlds vs Lewis Last post on 7/23/15 at 6:34am in Streetwear and Denim
Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How do I take care of lambskin leather? (Jacket)Last edited: 3/24/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets - Page 47post #691 of 231110/27/15 at 5:46pmpost #692 of 231110/27/15 at 6:04pmQuote:
1.5 mm corresponds roughly to a 3.5 ounce leather. That's as heavy and thick as a traditional motorcycle jacket. I like mine that way, but my jackets are often very heavy, well past 6 lbss I love that feeling of walking out in my armor but tt's not for everyone. Most "fashion" jackets are more in the 1.1 mm range. Falcons, if they are much like ToJ, are on the slightly heavier side (closer to 1.2-1.3 mm, or at least, that has been my experience with the horse and heavy calf jackets). Once you get to about 4 ouces (1.6 mm) you need some pretty experienced people doing the sewing. Sometimes you have to sew evenly through up to 6 layers of leather. Even properly skivved, that is a ton of leather.post #693 of 231110/27/15 at 6:07pmpost #694 of 231110/27/15 at 6:26pmpost #695 of 231110/27/15 at 8:09pmpost #696 of 231110/27/15 at 8:12pmpost #697 of 231110/27/15 at 8:59pmQuote:
My four year old son is Batman this year for Hallowe'en, so I am being Robin. The costume has foam muscles, and it is sorta short, so even with workout clothes underneath, it has the optical illusion of enhancing... package. This costume is so full of win.post #698 of 231110/27/15 at 9:30pmQuote:
Right there with you...post #699 of 231110/27/15 at 11:48pmpost #700 of 231110/28/15 at 5:10amThread StarterQuote:
That isn't something you have to worry about. You may get slight fades in areas of stress/wear (which is a good thing), but that's about it.post #701 of 231110/28/15 at 5:16amThread StarterHeads up!
- Belted DR incoming: T-minus a couple days haha
- Order queue is open right now for all jackets. So if you don't feel like waiting on the wait list before getting in the queue, this would be the time to do it. Lead time is will probably be 2-4 weeks (no more than that).
- There's only enough hides of that really nice navy calfskin that Daniel found left for 1 jacket (MAYBE 2 more jackets), so if you wanted that, speak now or forever hold your peace.post #702 of 231110/28/15 at 5:34amQuote:Originally Posted by shinobi13
Hey guys - Dan here. We want to assure all potential customers that the leather consistency will have the same thickness and meet all Falcon standards prior to production and shipping. I personally choose and hand pick all the hides before purchasing and then our tailors, who have over 20 plus years working with just leather, have also been instructed to evaluate leather quality before any patterns are cut and will return any hides should they not meet our standards.
As I stated before, I limited the amount of leather vendors we work with to ensure quality control and consistency. Thickness, coloring process (dye vs paint), sheen (matte vs gloss), and overall draping and wearability are the basic standards when selecting our hides.
Hope this helps and clarifies our leather selection process.
Vein's / Stretch Marks seem to pass Falcon's stringent leather selection process.post #703 of 231110/28/15 at 7:55ampost #704 of 231110/28/15 at 8:27am
My calf M1 arrived, fits great - will post pics later.
I seem to remember Charly (or was it Drew?) once posting info about breaking-in and removing the sheen - can anyone remember (find) that post, i've tried?
The calf-skin is a little too shiny for my liking - Is getting in the shower with it a good idea?
post #705 of 231110/28/15 at 8:47am
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 36 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 5 minutes ago
- › Soulland Boge Wool Blend Trench Coat Size S 7 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 13 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 21 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 25 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 27 minutes ago
- › BNIB Edward Green Malvern (size 7.5/8) 202 last 39 minutes ago
- › Patagonia 48 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...