Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and Reproductions Last post on 3/21/17 at 7:42am in Streetwear and Denim
- Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 3/17/17 at 7:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 10:22 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jacket Help: Langlitz vs Lost Worlds vs Lewis Last post on 7/23/15 at 6:34am in Streetwear and Denim
Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How do I take care of lambskin leather? (Jacket)Last edited: 3/24/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets - Page 4post #47 of 23359/1/15 at 11:03ampost #48 of 23359/1/15 at 11:04ampost #49 of 23359/1/15 at 11:09ampost #50 of 23359/1/15 at 11:15ampost #51 of 23359/1/15 at 11:23am
Daniel here. Just wanted to thank you guys for the warm welcome and wanted to ensure everyone that Charly and I will continue to make jackets and evolve with the love and support from the styleforum members. It's been quite a year for all of us here but we hope that we can put the past behind us and move forward with creative input from our customers with tailorable options and fits, and of course leather options. Financial and production logistics have been tightened and jackets will be capped so orders go out with the utmost priority.
Samples are currently in production and we will continue to update with pictures so please check accordingly. Thanks again guys and much love for the support!
Danielpost #52 of 23359/1/15 at 11:25ampost #53 of 23359/1/15 at 11:26amQuote:
Goat is really under appreciated. Tough with less stretch but gets the job done.post #54 of 23359/1/15 at 11:27ampost #55 of 23359/1/15 at 11:39amQuote:Originally Posted by gong
just to facilitate some dialogue that will eventually arise anyway, what are we looking at in terms of thickness of the various leathers? there was some complaints of the other venture when some jackets had thicker leather than others (particularly noteworthy when a single party had multiple jackets).
this was even harder to gauge when this was intentional as in the shaved ma-1 that no one had any idea was shaved.
is there going to be within reason a spec for the leather ie. for lamb only a certain amount of grain is acceptable and calf having an equal finish and consistency?
i understand the reluctance to bring up the brand but perhaps some figures from that venture in comparison to yours could provide some background for prospective buyer's.
I limited amount of leather vendors to keep consistent with leather thickness and quality. Lamb thickness is currently at 1.3mm. Calf will be a bit thinner at 1.2 for better drape purposes and easier break in. If someone wants a thicker jacket for riding purposes I can also facilitate up to 1.4mm.
All hides will have a certain amount of grain and scaring but I will select all the hides initially and our tailors will ensure leather quality is up to par otherwise it gets returned back to the vendor. Nothing gets cut if it looks like crumpled up shit. We lose out as well so we ALWAYS look for hides with the best finish and consistency.
Cheers!post #56 of 23359/1/15 at 11:48amQuote:Originally Posted by MickeyPunch
No suede? Specifically, no diesel blue suede? And channel quilting for the MDR?
That's roughly what I had ordered (well, it was a QDR). If you can make me this jacket I will order from you and I will just change my TOJ order to something else just in case some day it magically arrives.
We offer lamb suede for the A1s currently. I never was a fan of the calf suede since it was a bit too thick for my liking but I'm always on the lookout so if I can source a diesel blue without any hiccups you got it.
I want to play with the quilting specs and put out a sample before I can offer this for production purposes. Will put this on my priority list!post #57 of 23359/1/15 at 11:51ampost #58 of 23359/1/15 at 11:52ampost #59 of 23359/1/15 at 11:57am
Very good news! Do you have any pictures of the tag you'll be using?
I'm currently waiting for my jacket from ToJ, so the discount and everything sounds very good.. Really tempted to pull the trigger immediately, but I'm so worried my measurements won't work. I'd probably have to kill myself, if I ordered a new MTM jacket which doesn't fit, and then the ToJ jacket arrives with the exact same ill-fitting measurements...post #60 of 23359/1/15 at 12:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by voinekku
Very good news! Do you have any pictures of the tag you'll be using?
I'm currently waiting for my jacket from ToJ, so the discount and everything sounds very good.. Really tempted to pull the trigger immediately, but I'm so worried my measurements won't work. I'd probably have to kill myself, if I ordered a new MTM jacket which doesn't fit, and then the ToJ jacket arrives with the exact same ill-fitting measurements...
Currently no tag. It's a work in progress.
Charlie will size you up properly. You're more than welcome to email him about your current sizing measurements should you pull the trigger.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The Uniqlo Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 5 minutes ago
- › Blackbird Ballard Two Tone Scarf 6 minutes ago
- › What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want? 7 minutes ago
- › Uniqlo MA-1 (Black, Small) 7 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...