or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets - Page 102

post #1516 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post

hey, so i picked my jacket up this morning from the post office

delivery was attempted yesterday, but nobody was home

from being placed on the order list on 2/22 to the delivery having been attempted on 3/9 (yesterday), total turnaround was 17 days



have work today, so i didn't have too much time, but i managed to take a few pictures: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 
will do a more thorough write-up and see if i can get some better pics tonight or tomorrow or something

how's the fit look btw (like the shoulders and stuff)? really eager to place another order for an a-2 and want to make sure things look alright

 

Is there some reason you're not opting for a stock size?  I don't know why you're gambling with your money like this when a stock might be the best fit for you.  

post #1517 of 2069

for someone who loves a cropped jacket, you should consider cropping your pictures too--necessary part of the whole bathroom selfie thing.

post #1518 of 2069
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
@Gruff

i just don't like how close in length the body and sleeves are on the stock sizes

also, though it's only by tenths of an inch, some of my measurements require smaller than even what a 44 offers

and other than the front length, i'm assuming that everything else about my jacket checks out since nobody has commented on anything else (other than one comment on the sleeves), so wouldn't you say that for the most part the mtm aspect actually worked out? if so, then i might as well go custom

@GSafternoon

lol i don't get embarrassed easily

i didn't take the pics out of vanity, but because others were curious as to how my cropped jacket was gonna look and i myself wanted reference for how it looked

didn't bother obscuring my face either despite being unphotogenic/ugly cause i just don't care



anyway, turns out that the jacket is indeed lamb and i'm gonna be able to get a new one made with an adjusted front length (yay)

thanks @hmtwrk for being the only dude who was supportive, but unfortunately i'm not edgy enough to make the current jacket work (i'm also giving off a way different vibe in those first selfies than i usually exude; that's really not me at all unfortunately)

i'm also not changing the length just because everybody was saying that it's too short, but because i myself was hesitant and basically posted the pics not only to show you guys how it turned out, but because i wanted affirmation, too, on what i was already kinda thinking

tbh, i'll probably only be lengthening it by an inch or so but we'll see
post #1519 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by chupas View Post
 

Have any girlfriend DRs been shipped/received? My girlfriend is very interested but wants to see pictures first, and it's a big enough purchase that I don't want to just be like "oh look at these TOJ pictures from 4 years ago, that's totally normal."

 

fem dr3 (Click to show)

 

 

 

post #1520 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyPunch View Post
 

 

What are your favourite models?


i think the dr5 design is underrated.

 

post #1521 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
@Gruff

i just don't like how close in length the body and sleeves are on the stock sizes

also, though it's only by tenths of an inch, some of my measurements require smaller than even what a 44 offers

and other than the front length, i'm assuming that everything else about my jacket checks out since nobody has commented on anything else (other than one comment on the sleeves), so wouldn't you say that for the most part the mtm aspect actually worked out? if so, then i might as well go custom

@GSafternoon

lol i don't get embarrassed easily

i didn't take the pics out of vanity, but because others were curious as to how my cropped jacket was gonna look and i myself wanted reference for how it looked

didn't bother obscuring my face either despite being unphotogenic/ugly cause i just don't care



anyway, turns out that the jacket is indeed lamb and i'm gonna be able to get a new one made with an adjusted front length (yay)

thanks @hmtwrk for being the only dude who was supportive, but unfortunately i'm not edgy enough to make the current jacket work (i'm also giving off a way different vibe in those first selfies than i usually exude; that's really not me at all unfortunately)

i'm also not changing the length just because everybody was saying that it's too short, but because i myself was hesitant and basically posted the pics not only to show you guys how it turned out, but because i wanted affirmation, too, on what i was already kinda thinking

tbh, i'll probably only be lengthening it by an inch or so but we'll see

 

Lol. 

 

So, you're changing the length only because you think its too short? Coincidentally, that also happens to be exactly what a million different people told you. 

post #1522 of 2069

I think the DR5 is made for suede. It's always struck me as a pretty aggressive jacket in calf or lamb, but suede really mellows it out, and a couple of the suede BCDRs were some of my favorite TOJs. And not just the diesel blue one we all know about.

post #1523 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
@Gruff

i just don't like how close in length the body and sleeves are on the stock sizes

also, though it's only by tenths of an inch, some of my measurements require smaller than even what a 44 offers

and other than the front length, i'm assuming that everything else about my jacket checks out since nobody has commented on anything else (other than one comment on the sleeves), so wouldn't you say that for the most part the mtm aspect actually worked out? if so, then i might as well go custom

@GSafternoon

lol i don't get embarrassed easily

i didn't take the pics out of vanity, but because others were curious as to how my cropped jacket was gonna look and i myself wanted reference for how it looked

didn't bother obscuring my face either despite being unphotogenic/ugly cause i just don't care



anyway, turns out that the jacket is indeed lamb and i'm gonna be able to get a new one made with an adjusted front length (yay)

thanks @hmtwrk for being the only dude who was supportive, but unfortunately i'm not edgy enough to make the current jacket work (i'm also giving off a way different vibe in those first selfies than i usually exude; that's really not me at all unfortunately)

i'm also not changing the length just because everybody was saying that it's too short, but because i myself was hesitant and basically posted the pics not only to show you guys how it turned out, but because i wanted affirmation, too, on what i was already kinda thinking

tbh, i'll probably only be lengthening it by an inch or so but we'll see

 

post #1524 of 2069
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callusing View Post

I think the DR5 is made for suede. It's always struck me as a pretty aggressive jacket in calf or lamb, but suede really mellows it out, and a couple of the suede BCDRs were some of my favorite TOJs. And not just the diesel blue one we all know about.

Take away the second hand pocket and it's actually a pretty mild design. Don't be afraid of the DR5 nod[1].gif
post #1525 of 2069
Lol @ 'the only person who person who was supportive' AKA the only person who agreed with you/didn't tell you you were wrong.


And then later 'I'm not changing it because you guys said so'

But then 'I realized it was too short'
post #1526 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmtwrk View Post
 


i think the dr5 design is underrated.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

My problem with the DR5 is the size of the lapels/how to tame them. They always seem to stick out and I know that would make me uncomfortable. If snaps were an option... but then it wouldn't be a DR5.

post #1527 of 2069
@tgaith77 @venividivicibj

when i visualized it in my head and with sweaters/jackets i'd pull up in the front to simulate the lengths, i was all for it, but having the actual jacket now, it just doesn't look as good as i thought it would (though only barely; i'd still rock it were it not being sent back)

the hardware, which is something i didn't really consider in my visualizations, is something that would also look better on a slightly longer body

trust me, if i liked it i wouldn't change a thing (same way i know that my jeans might be too skinny, i myself too skinny, and my lip piercings a no-no according to styfo standards, but I'm not gonna change any of those)


it's as simple as it not looking as cool as i thought it would (100% my fault), and the affirmation was there too

tbh, the remade one will still probably be too cropped for most of your guys' tastes

i really do think that i only overdid it by a touch on the current jacket, but idk, i'm gonna give it another day to think about
post #1528 of 2069
@masshi way back in ToJ charly told me to get 21.6" and I'm 5'8"



post #1529 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyPunch View Post

I think the jeans look good on him, he's got the body type to pull off skinny jeans and they do look SLP-ish. They seem to have a sharp taper, I'm always looking for jeans with a strong taper.

Skinny jeans only look bad on guys which are either overweight or have big thighs in general.
rag n bone fit 1 have the most aggressive taper I've ever seen in jeans off the rack. When I tailored mine I have to take in the thighs and like taper it off at the calf bc the calf down was already really tapered and skinny.
post #1530 of 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by masshi View Post

@tgaith77 @venividivicibj

when i visualized it in my head and with sweaters/jackets i'd pull up in the front to simulate the lengths, i was all for it, but having the actual jacket now, it just doesn't look as good as i thought it would (though only barely; i'd still rock it were it not being sent back)

the hardware, which is something i didn't really consider in my visualizations, is something that would also look better on a slightly longer body

trust me, if i liked it i wouldn't change a thing (same way i know that my jeans might be too skinny, i myself too skinny, and my lip piercings a no-no according to styfo standards, but I'm not gonna change any of those)


it's as simple as it not looking as cool as i thought it would (100% my fault), and the affirmation was there too

tbh, the remade one will still probably be too cropped for most of your guys' tastes

i really do think that i only overdid it by a touch on the current jacket, but idk, i'm gonna give it another day to think about
i would add an inch on the body and like .7" on sleeves
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets