Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Leather Jackets: Traditional, Military, Moto, Heritage Brands and Reproductions Last post on 2/16/17 at 7:36am in Streetwear and Denim
- Sartorial Leather Jackets by Craftsman Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/18/17 at 9:18am in Classic Menswear
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 2:17 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Leather Jacket Help: Langlitz vs Lost Worlds vs Lewis Last post on 7/23/15 at 6:34am in Streetwear and Denim
Using Gliptone on your leather jacket - recommended or not? From...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How do I take care of lambskin leather? (Jacket)Last edited: 3/24/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO Leather Jackets - Page 68post #1007 of 231111/23/15 at 9:12ampost #1008 of 231111/23/15 at 9:44ama little less pliable, but still just as nice. it's also just as heavy, but it seems like it will break-in slower than my calf TOJs. that's not a bad thing at all, it might even be better it terms of longevity. it has an awesome grain texture that i don't remember any of my previous TOJs having. i couldn't be happier to be honest with you. the quality of the threading seems a little bit worse than TOJ, but the fit is better than any other jacket i've ordered.post #1009 of 231111/23/15 at 10:18amGot my navy calf 4-zip DR2 today. Paid Oct 20th, arrived today (Nov 23rd).
Pictures and more thoughts later, but it's damn near perfect.
Mostly I just wanted to thank the FG crew for keeping to their word. The entire process was cake and hopefully it stays that way as things scale up.
Not even worth bringing the other guy up in this conversation, but feels great to finally have jacket in-hand. No way will this be my only purchase from FG.post #1010 of 231111/23/15 at 1:30pmpost #1011 of 231111/23/15 at 4:22pm
got my lamb MDR in the mail today. paid on 10/19.
only complaint is that i had wished for snaps on the upper and lower lapels, but a minor detail and i am very happy overall with the jacket. i do not understand the complaints of the lamb being light or thin, the jacket feels fairly substantial to me (i have only handled calf leathers). the second you open the box the smell of leather is overwhelming. fit out of the box is obviously not perfect but i have included fit pictures as well.
as evidenced by the photos the jacket has a fair amount of veins which doesn't bother me at all and is practically invisible when worn. considering i had mtm and not a stock size the turn around time from payment to jacket in hand was incredible. look forward to my next purchase.post #1012 of 231111/24/15 at 12:13am
Just got my calf DR1 today (size 44). Really well made, leather is thick and heavy. Seems to fit pretty well right out of the box.
I'm really disappointed with rear facing zippers being announced 5 days after placing my order. I contacted Falcon the day of the announcement at the possibility of altering my order. I was told it was too late because the hides were cut already as they try to complete orders as fast as possible. That's awesome, I'm all for that. With that understanding, I offered to pay extra to replace the sleeves on the original jacket with a new set with rear facing zippers. However, even that wasn't possible. Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but at this price point I think there should have been some sort of accommodation (especially since this is a stock sized jacket).
I'll be selling this jacket at a loss in order to buy another jacket with rear zippers. It's been worn once for size. Pm me if anyone is interested.post #1013 of 231111/24/15 at 12:28ampost #1014 of 231111/24/15 at 5:26ampost #1015 of 231111/24/15 at 5:49ampost #1016 of 231111/24/15 at 7:10ampost #1017 of 231111/24/15 at 7:33ampost #1018 of 231111/24/15 at 8:43ampost #1019 of 231111/24/15 at 8:47ampost #1020 of 231111/24/15 at 8:48amQuote:Quote:
Same, I always needed a signature.
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 1 second ago
- › Crockett and Jones x Frans Boone Coniston (Brown Scotch Grain) -... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Newbury Cloud Antique 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Crispin's Mod. 545 Loafers 8.5F 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Crispin's Mod. 608 Button Boots 8.5F 3 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...