or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Taking a trip to Houston, Atlanta, or Miami. Need suggestions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Taking a trip to Houston, Atlanta, or Miami. Need suggestions. - Page 2

post #16 of 30
Thread Starter 
Coming from Los Angeles, I hope traffic can only be better than what I'm used to :$
post #17 of 30
Unless youre rolling to KW, take your rental spend and deploy it on cabs/ubie.
post #18 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReveller View Post

Unless youre rolling to KW, take your rental spend and deploy it on cabs/ubie.
I was told to avoid driving in South Beach as much as possible. With the gang being so many people deep I'm sure we will all split up. I already got the car as part of the flight package sadly. Maybe I can use it to go into actual Miami. Lol.
post #19 of 30
The design district just west of dtown in what was a ghetto not eight odd years ago is worth a viz.

There's also an awesome gun range right in there too!

Downtown proper has little to offer unless you wanna score crack or maybe a hot Rolex.
post #20 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

I was told to avoid driving in South Beach as much as possible. .
Yeah, it's not the driving that is problematic per se, rather it's the parking that can be a pain in the A$$. Honestly, between cabs/uber, the share bikes and the south beach local bus (25 cents) you really don't need to drive. Plus, it's a great place just to walk around and enjoy the architecture.
post #21 of 30
I don't get why people rent cars in major cities. UBER it
post #22 of 30
To be fair, the TS is from one of the few metropolitan areas where a car is absolutely necessary, so it's probably force of habit. But yeah, I've been to South Beach three times and gotten by fine without a car. Cabs are fairly plentiful in my experience, and Uber was just launching when I was last there.
post #23 of 30
A cab with its little light on the roof is pretty useful when youre too hammered to operate your cell and on Ocean/Collins. Now, being Miami Beach hopefully youll be chemically altered enough to cut through this noise and use your cell. wink.gif
post #24 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

I don't get why people rent cars in major cities. UBER it
I would rather play it safe than sorry. Plus my flight lands at 2pm and I can't check in until 4pm. What am I suppose to do in the mean time? lol.

I guess I got used to living in SoCal where our public transportation sucks and need private transportation.

Lyft and Uber will be used. Will try Lyft with all the coupons they sent. Lol.
post #25 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReveller View Post

A cab with its little light on the roof is pretty useful when youre too hammered to operate your cell and on Ocean/Collins. Now, being Miami Beach hopefully youll be chemically altered enough to cut through this noise and use your cell. wink.gif
Wait. What? Lol.

We are definitely getting turnt up.

So far for day time activities, some of the guys want to do different things now. Some want to go on a boat ride and others want to go see the Heat.

Will post pics!
post #26 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

So far for day time activities, some of the guys want to do different things now. Some want to go on a boat ride and others want to go see the Heat.

These are super touristy, but I enjoyed them. Went on a Duck Boat tour of South Beach and an airboat tour of the Everglades.
post #27 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

These are super touristy, but I enjoyed them. Went on a Duck Boat tour of South Beach and an airboat tour of the Everglades.
How much were the tickets and did you have to buy them in advance? Thnx!
post #28 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post

How much were the tickets and did you have to buy them in advance? Thnx!

IIRC, each ticket was around $30. I bought the tickets the day before or the day of, as I had an unexpected extra day in South Beach due to a snowstorm cancelling my return flight to DC. There are a lot of tour operators, so I don't think getting a ticket well in advance is necessary. The tour of the Everglades is particularly cool. I would definitely recommend the boat ride over a Heat game. You can see an NBA game in any major American city.
post #29 of 30
Mojito and the pool at the Raleigh are famous as sh*t and worth a pop in.

But beware too many hotel "amazing" bars or "DJ so and so pool parties". They blend together and the only lasting memory is the amazingly high price of a drink.

Same w clubs for that matter. Mansion is famous. Liv at Fountainbleu obv. But kinda the same stupid shit any city has on tap. They dont even make great use of the year-round weather in the layout. ie could be in any club in the NE.

Oh instead of these stupid joints go to Smith & Wollensky's right at the bottom of South Beach. Dirrrrty patio with all the boats going by and dtown view. Id strongly urge you to make this the big expensive dinner w your boys over Prime 112. Get steamed after w sexy broads at the outdoor bar. One of your crew will want to Prime 112 b/c it was in Ballers. Do not listen to him. Go to S&W instead. smile.gif
post #30 of 30
So how'd the trip go?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Taking a trip to Houston, Atlanta, or Miami. Need suggestions.