or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Take all of the guns. All of them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Take all of the guns. All of them. - Page 22

post #316 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

LOL, every post just completes the image of you being a 12-year-old in a man's body. You dismissed the main summary of the study, and then claimed I did. WTF, are you seriously this fucking stupid?

Can I ask all intelligent people in this thread reading this (not many, I know), if someone tries very hard to disprove objective data which suggests gun control is useful in saving lives, would that person be more likely to be pro-gun or anti-gun?

If the data is wrong (which it isn't), by all means, talk about how it isn't peer-reviewed or whatever; I totally understand those science-based concerns. I do that myself even with studies I agree with in whole. But, that is clearly not what you're doing. You're just doing what the rest of these right-wing dumbnuts do: Try to discredit objective studies, so that your ill-formed ideologies aren't harmed.

Hell, I might be any negative adjective you can throw at me, but you're all wrong about gun control.

You're a fuckwit in so many dimensions it's a wonder you can operate a computer. There's only one person in our conversation that has outright dismissed data and that's you, ya delusional fuck. You've also shown a complete lack of reading comprehension and/or offered more proof your head is so far up your arse you cannot discern when someone you might not be arguing with you. You're the classic example of a far left extremist that is so tunnel blind, so convinced he holds the 100% pure and undiluted truth, that no one else can say anything of value...even when they might be agreeing with one of your positions.

Arguing when there's no argument is the most egregious example of being an arrogant asshole that has no right to be arrogant. I mean, sound out the words I closed my last my last (futile) post to you with:
Quote:
...you'd realize that what I've pointed out might support more gun control.

You're as useless as tits on a bull, mate.
post #317 of 1722
🐨
post #318 of 1722
Thread Starter 

I'm pretty honest about the fact that my gun free world is a fantasy and at least in part fueled by my dislike of peckerwood conservative rednecks and people like Kai. 

post #319 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

The recent trend to believe in "science" 

post #320 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post


Libertarians don't like other people telling them what to do. So, if every single piece of food you could buy in the supermarket had been injected with something which would 100% give you cancer, would you not be asking the government to reform the industry, or would you be quite happy having cancer? Simplified, yes, but it's fundamental flaw to the libertarian viewpoint.

This is a flawed view for all kinds of reasons.

  1. Libertarians aren't anarchists. We believe that those who cause harm to others are liable for the damages. Libertarians still believe in a criminal code and allowing civil lawsuits for damages.
  2. How would every food item in the supermarket give you cancer? If that was the case, there would be a market for food in the supermarket that didn't give you cancer. In your example, guns are incredibly useful for people to hunt our own food. You're not forced to buy food from the supermarket. There are other options.
  3. Libertarians also believe organizations such as the FDA shouldn't exist. Not because they want everyone to get cancer, but they believe private market solutions are more efficient. Look at Consumer Reports - they are far more effective than any government agency at rating most consumer products.

Thanks, I wanted to make more of these points but work got to me. Mostly that Libertarians are not anarchists and how the private sector functions better than government.
post #321 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

I'm pretty honest about the fact that my gun free world is a fantasy and at least in part fueled by my dislike of peckerwood conservative rednecks and people like Kai. 

Reverse that all with taxation and JapanAlex and I might get on board with it. How do you sleep at nights being on the same side as him?
post #322 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post


1) you're putting words into my mouth,

2) you're so clearly denying all the evidence.

3) mental health screening..

4) I stick to evidence, history and logic.

5) Humans need to eat, though; humans do not need a gun. So, your analogy there is phony and dumb.

6) if every single piece of food you could buy in the supermarket had been injected with something which would 100% give you cancer, would you not be asking the government to reform the industry, or would you be quite happy having cancer? Simplified, yes, but it's fundamental flaw to the libertarian viewpoint.

7) Also, I am not a nurse, and never said I was. I am a deputy manager at a care home for people with autism spectrum disorders, learning disabilities, severe epilepsy, etc.

Sorry Japan I was golfing w evil 1%ers all day and planning the further exploitation and degredation of kind-hearted populists such as yourself between shots so I couldnt get to this this morning...as you can see Ive itemized your statements and will try to be brief in addressing them:

1) Pio is right. Youre just the worst at reading replies properly. I said "I suspect your personal view...is that guns are "needless and offensive"" I even italicized it for you! So how can that possibly be 'putting words in your mouth'?? (I dont know why I bothered since you so obviously do find guns both needless and offensive but I gave you the benefit of the doubt anyway.)

2) What evidence? That heart disease - from obesity mostly - is the #1 killer in the US? I dont know what 'evidence' you are referring to. I think you claim everyone is "denying the evidence" reflexively without really reading their posts.

3) Agreed. Mental health screening for legal firearm purchases would be difficult and yes anyone can develop a mental health issue, never receive treatment (such that might go on some database like felony offenders) and go nutso. I didnt get into this tho BTW I was referring to trigger locks and safe handling courses and whatnot but...you dont really read replies properly as Ive said.

4) Oh man that is rich. A Marxist saying this LOL

5) Again, you suck at understanding when people respond to your views. I was clearly referring to fast food only. Cmon. Who's putting words into whose mouth now? For christ's sake. "Guns = Food. Guns are a physiological need." I think you jam in stupidity to make sure you alway feel intellectually and morally elevated above everyone who's challenging your posts.

6) Youre retarded. Try to aspire to something beyond nonsense when you throw out little scenarios that are suppose to show how stupid libertarianism is (or any other view that runs counter to yours)

7) That sucks bro. I had an ex gf that did that w the angelmans and aspbergers and autism. Id help sometimes since she ran some sessions in our apt. Theyd come as if to hug her and then bite her stomach and stuff. Cute kids tho, their discipline issues aside. Anyway my condolences. Too bad as a Marxist youre probably also an athiest cuz youd definitely get into heaven (were it real and all) doin the good work as you do week after week...
post #323 of 1722
We do trigger alerts here, Reveller. ^^^^^^^
post #324 of 1722
Thread Starter 

You detest black people? Good to know, Hank. 

post #325 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

You detest black people? Good to know, Hank. 

Flagged for racist content.
post #326 of 1722
Did my "Black Guns Matter" t-shirt post get censored?
post #327 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post

Did my "Black Guns Matter" t-shirt post get censored?


It does appear to be missing. And yet ethan's detesting black people post remains untouched.

Interesting.
post #328 of 1722
Thread Starter 

I simply pointed out what Kai was inferring about himself. That he's a racist flyover reactionary fuck. 

post #329 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

I simply pointed out what Kai was inferring about himself. That he's a racist flyover reactionary ____. 

Nonsense. First, your reference to "racist flyover reactionary [expletive]" is dog-whistle for the R word (r**n***). Disparaging a whole group of people based on race is racist.

Second, by siding with "black lives matter," you may as well put on the black beret, raise your fist, and sing hymns of black nationalism. Blue-eyed devils, cold people, etc.

Such invective has no place here.
post #330 of 1722
Thread Starter 

I disagree. Rural reactionary types aren't a race. They just happen to be mostly white. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Take all of the guns. All of them.