or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Take all of the guns. All of them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Take all of the guns. All of them. - Page 18

post #256 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Those photos are consistent - both men are armed with the weapon of their time. Minutemen would have been carrying a magazine fed, semi-automatic rifle if it had been available.
post #257 of 1722

I find it strange a Marxist is so anti-gun.

 

Quote:
To be able forcefully and threateningly to oppose this party, whose betrayal of the workers will begin with the very first hour of victory, the workers must be armed and organized. The whole proletariat must be armed at once with muskets, rifles, cannon and ammunition, and the revival of the old-style citizens’ militia, directed against the workers, must be opposed. Where the formation of this militia cannot be prevented, the workers must try to organize themselves independently as a proletarian guard, with elected leaders and with their own elected general staff; they must try to place themselves not under the orders of the state authority but of the revolutionary local councils set up by the workers. Where the workers are employed by the state, they must arm and organize themselves into special corps with elected leaders, or as a part of the proletarian guard. Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary. The destruction of the bourgeois democrats’ influence over the workers, and the enforcement of conditions which will compromise the rule of bourgeois democracy, which is for the moment inevitable, and make it as difficult as possible – these are the main points which the proletariat and therefore the League must keep in mind during and after the approaching uprising.

 Address of the Central Committee to the Communist League

post #258 of 1722
Thread Starter 

It's because Jews have bad aim, generally. 

post #259 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksLauren77 View Post
 

I find it strange a Marxist is so anti-gun.

 

 

I agree with Marx on economics and not gun control. Listen, the second amendment was written in a time when the US had just broken off from British rule, and so the US government thought it appropriate to allow it's citizens to carry arms, so as to be easily mobilised, if Britain tried to invade. Marx's thinking was for workers to be able to start a violent revolution, if necessary, against capitalists. I think, in 2015, you have to be a little bit fucked in the head, to think that logic still applies. Why can't people compromise? If people want to shoot at a range, I have nothing against that, but leave the guns at the range. If hunters need rifles for hunting, give hunters special licenses. Ordinary citizens do not need guns for any reason, and the current situation causes way too much death in the United States. Being anti-gun control is like being a climate change denier, as you are going against all the science around the issue.


Edited by JapanAlex01 - 9/23/15 at 10:07am
post #260 of 1722

Fair points. Perhaps the US could do what England did and take away guns from beat cops?

post #261 of 1722

You'd have to take away guns from citizens first, before that could happen, but I think that would be a good idea. I am not totally against the police having guns, but I think the radical militarisation of the police force is going way too far. There should be strict policy around firearms for police, so there is accountability.

post #262 of 1722
Self defense is a reason for ordinary citizens to own guns.

It's actually the primary reason that the majority of gun owners possess guns.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

I agree with Marx on economics and not gun control. Listen, the second amendment was written in a time when the US had just broken off from British rule, and so the US government thought it appropriate to allow it's citizens to carry arms, so as to be easily mobilised, if Britain tried to invade. Marx's thinking was for workers to be able to start a violent revolution, if necessary, against capitalists. I think, in 2015, you have to be a little bit fucked in the head to think that logic still applies. Why can't people compromise? If people want to shoot at a range, I have nothing against that, but leave the guns at the range. If hunters need rifles for hunting, give hunters special licenses. Ordinary citizens do not need guns for any reason, and the current situation causes way too much death in the United States. Being anti-gun control is like being a climate change denier, as you are going against all the science around the issue.
post #263 of 1722

Yeah, but, factually, owning a gun makes you less safe.

post #264 of 1722

Self-defense against the police?

post #265 of 1722

I think that's the wrong way of mending the police force. If you put gun control policy in place for citizens, you'd have to massively scale back the militarisation of the police force, too.

post #266 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex01 View Post

Yeah, but, factually, owning a gun makes you less safe.
And where is this proof? Are we talking in gun violence or life expectancy? In the US or World? Factually, your statement is very open to dissection.
post #267 of 1722
post #268 of 1722

No, asking for a source does not make him sound like a climate change denier. You make claims but do not provide sources to back them up.

post #269 of 1722

It's just that it's completely obvious to those who read. All the information is there, if you look. Me providing sources very rarely seems to change anti-gun control opinion. It's extremely tiring trying to change minds which are unchangeable.

post #270 of 1722
I was just saying you left a one sentence claim and no reference. Saying "factually" didnt help.

Im alright with climate change... Its the people who still call it global warming. The climate is always changing its just we humans are influencing it too much now
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Take all of the guns. All of them.