or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Take all of the guns. All of them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Take all of the guns. All of them. - Page 106

post #1576 of 1721
Thread Starter 

It is awesome. We need more of those background checks your precious NRA has spent so much time fighting. 

 

TBH the NRA is like an American Muslim Brotherhood. A threat to national security. 

post #1577 of 1721
No, background checks are often wrong. And there's no reason a wife beater alcoholic shouldn't own a firearm.
Edited by Harold falcon - 6/23/16 at 3:10am
post #1578 of 1721

I thought guns were banned in Germany.  Then again he didn't actually shoot anyone.

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/23/armed-man-opens-fire-at-german-cinema-kinopolis-viernheim

post #1579 of 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

I thought guns were banned in Germany.  Then again he didn't actually shoot anyone.


https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/23/armed-man-opens-fire-at-german-cinema-kinopolis-viernheim

Pretty sure Germany has something like the 3rd or 4th highest rate of private gun ownership per capita (not total guns, just number of people who have them).

edit: 4th according to this: http://www.thelocal.de/20130217/48015 but estimates seem to vary widely based on how old the survey is.

Either way, seems like Germany has many strict rules, including psych evaluations on purchasers under 25, but it's not all that difficult for someone to buy a gun (especially something like a hunting rifle, which it sounds like was used in this incident).
post #1580 of 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post


Pretty sure Germany has something like the 3rd or 4th highest rate of private gun ownership per capita (not total guns, just number of people who have them).

edit: 4th according to this: http://www.thelocal.de/20130217/48015 but estimates seem to vary widely based on how old the survey is.

Either way, seems like Germany has many strict rules, including psych evaluations on purchasers under 25, but it's not all that difficult for someone to buy a gun (especially something like a hunting rifle, which it sounds like was used in this incident).

 

Good to know.

post #1581 of 1721
Not sure if this video has been posted in this epic thread or not, but it's highly recommended viewing.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=89d_1411198955
post #1582 of 1721
He's a good comic but he's comin from a deprived gunless society.
post #1583 of 1721
"Deprived."
post #1584 of 1721
de·prive/dəˈprīv/
verb
deny (a person or place) the possession or use of something.
nod[1].gif
post #1585 of 1721
Did you mean "gun deprived society"? It's a bit different than what you actually wrote.
post #1586 of 1721
Thread Starter 

What he wrote is fine. A society that is deprived and gunless. 

post #1587 of 1721
Well, I personally think the fewer bogans that have guns the better.
post #1588 of 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

What he wrote is fine. A society that is deprived and gunless. 

That is true in a larger sense, I thought he was trying to just point out their lack of gun ownership.
post #1589 of 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

What he wrote is fine. A society that is deprived and gunless. 
post #1590 of 1721
Will I be allowed to at least keep my 10/22? I need something to sit with outside to scare off rowdy critters from time to time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Take all of the guns. All of them.