or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Take all of the guns. All of them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Take all of the guns. All of them. - Page 96

post #1426 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

I'm the last person to put military service on a pedestal, but this is fucking rich considering that Englade is about the only one in this thread who actually has taken up arms to fight Communism. Complete with combat and killin' and everything.


But hey, what do I know? Maybe ranting on message boards is actually the same level of commitment as engaging in firefights in a jungle hellhole.

Does this strike anyone else as some sort of appeal to authority? confused.gif
post #1427 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post

I'm the last person to put military service on a pedestal, but this is fucking rich considering that Englade is about the only one in this thread who actually has taken up arms to fight Communism. Complete with combat and killin' and everything.


But hey, what do I know? Maybe ranting on message boards is actually the same level of commitment as engaging in firefights in a jungle hellhole.


Yes, because I compared my life experiences to his when I referred to his current statist shit attitude.
post #1428 of 1722

You girls need to unbunch yer panties

post #1429 of 1722
Bunched panties are standard issue with all firearm transactions, pickup truck purchases, and in an emergency kit found in BMW glove boxes.
post #1430 of 1722

Bought a gun online and picked it up this weekend.  I had to fill out FFL transfer paperwork which was submitted to ATF for verification (despite the narrative).  Someone explain to me why I would check the box that says I'm a fugitive of the law on my application.

post #1431 of 1722
Representations on that form are subject to perjury charges. If you lie you could be charged with falsifying documents.
post #1432 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Representations on that form are subject to perjury charges. If you lie you could be charged with falsifying documents.

 

If I'm a fugitive on the run from the law, am I worried about perjury?

post #1433 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

If I'm a fugitive on the run from the law, am I worried about perjury?

You better be. That could result in like a fine, or probation or something.
post #1434 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post


You better be. That could result in like a fine, or probation or something.

 

They never caught him for all his felonies, but perjury on an ATF form was what brought him down... a more lame way of catching Al Capone.

post #1435 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

They never caught him for all his felonies, but perjury on an ATF form was what brought him down... a more lame way of catching Al Capone.

But, it worked!
post #1436 of 1722
Bump.

Can we talk about high capacity magazines? What's the point of having a high capacity magazine on your AR15 unless you're shooting up a nightclub? Is it really going to save you in a home defense situation?

I'm interested in hearing someone defend them. Usually the argument on this forum is "it doesn't really make anyone safer and just takes away something useful from civilians" but I am having trouble seeing why it wouldn't make these mass shootings less tragic without really inconveniencing lawful gun owners.
post #1437 of 1722
They're normal capacity magazines, and they're ubiquitous. There are literally hundreds of millions of them in circulation already.

What's your plan?
post #1438 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post

Bump.

Can we talk about high capacity magazines? What's the point of having a high capacity magazine on your AR15 unless you're shooting up a nightclub? Is it really going to save you in a home defense situation?

I'm interested in hearing someone defend them. Usually the argument on this forum is "it doesn't really make anyone safer and just takes away something useful from civilians" but I am having trouble seeing why it wouldn't make these mass shootings less tragic without really inconveniencing lawful gun owners.

What do you define as "high capacity" and what number are you looking to limit them to?
post #1439 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

They're normal capacity magazines, and they're ubiquitous. There are literally hundreds of millions of them in circulation already.

What's your plan?

No plan at all, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's not a situation worth trying to improve. I'm not anti-high cap or normal cap magazines, I just am interested in hearing the arguments for them because I've heard enough against them.
post #1440 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

What do you define as "high capacity" and what number are you looking to limit them to?

I guess I mean 30 round magazines which Ataturk corrected me already - those are standard capacity.

Still, why need more than 10 rounds?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Take all of the guns. All of them.