or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Take all of the guns. All of them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Take all of the guns. All of them. - Page 75

post #1111 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

No, the point I'm making is that vehicles and guns serve very different purposes in society, so comparison seems awkward and really it's hard to accept your interpretation of what I stated, in fact it seems you've not even read it.

The title of the thread isn't mine, I haven't put forth any argument regarding guns, I said so, and have posited that legislation would be useless . The only thing I've been going on about , and very clearly so , is that comparison to cars is baseless.

I haven't said a thing about guns, except that one use is to do harm to others, so I haven't discounted non homocide deaths. I think in your rush to try and knock over my simple assertion you've confused my posts with those of others and assumed that my position is simply, there are too many guns. Please spare me false accusation and misrepresentation of anything I've said, stay calm and read attentively you'll see this all there is to it.
Please cite an appropriate comparison.
post #1112 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesseract View Post

Please cite an appropriate comparison.

Who says there has to be an appropriate comparison? Firearms get their own constitutional amendment and they're a pretty unique tool on their own. Any comparison is going to be forced to some degree.
post #1113 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Who says there has to be an appropriate comparison? Firearms get their own constitutional amendment and they're a pretty unique tool on their own. Any comparison is going to be forced to some degree.

I agree. The shah has been arguing for two pages about the problems with comparison, basically saying anti gun control rhetoric is disingenuous bullshit propogated by people who disagree with him
post #1114 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post
 

 

How many massacres has Australia had since they got rid of guns? 

 

The homicide rate in Australia has not changed in a statistically-significant manner since the institution of the gun ban.

post #1115 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post

That is very true, most people's hand would be shaking too badly to get off a decent shot, but you do have psychos who look forward to killing someone.


Those are called cops.

I don't want to kill anybody.
post #1116 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Is there a CCW holder out there who doesn't dream about having the opportunity to be a hero and shoot the bad guy? 

Most of them. I have a permit. Almost never carry.
post #1117 of 1722
I recently had a discussion with a person that sees all guns as evil. He told me I'll never be faced with a violent situation where I need a gun so therefore owning or carrying a gun was stupid. He then told me in violent situations, if CCW holders draw their gun, they always make it worse so having a gun is stupid.

Hmmm. Okay.

Heads: you will never be in a violent situation where you need a gun so if you have one you're stupid.

Tails: if you're ever in a violent situation and draw a gun you're stupid.

I can see why he thinks he never loses a "gun argument."
post #1118 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Is there a CCW holder out there who doesn't dream about having the opportunity to be a hero and shoot the bad guy? 

Me.

I have a permit to carry mostly because it allows me to purchase handguns/"assault rifles" in this state without applying for a separate permit for each firearm.

I rarely carry, maybe a handful of times total. Mostly last year when there were a few muggings in my neighborhood but that's it. I have no desire to shoot anyone.
post #1119 of 1722
post #1120 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I recently had a discussion with a person that sees all guns as evil. He told me I'll never be faced with a violent situation where I need a gun so therefore owning or carrying a gun was stupid. He then told me in violent situations, if CCW holders draw their gun, they always make it worse so having a gun is stupid.

Hmmm. Okay.

Heads: you will never be in a violent situation where you need a gun so if you have one you're stupid.

Tails: if you're ever in a violent situation and draw a gun you're stupid.

I can see why he thinks he never loses a "gun argument."
One can only hope he gets mugged.
post #1121 of 1722
Thread Starter 

Oh hey don't mind Ammon Bundy and his redneck friends holed up in a government building. 

 

Can these seditionist fucks even read the Constitution they claim to defend? Can we use Apaches domestically? 

post #1122 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

Oh hey don't mind Ammon Bundy and his redneck friends holed up in a government building. 

Can these seditionist fucks even read the Constitution they claim to defend? Can we use Apaches domestically? 

Outside of guns how are they different/worse than the Occupy folks or BLM? Serious question. Is it just they're white, male, and armed?
post #1123 of 1722
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Outside of guns how are they different/worse than the Occupy folks or BLM? Serious question. Is it just they're white, male, and armed?


Are you really asking how an armed militia occupying a government building and threatening violence is different from a bunch of unemployed hippies hanging out in a park? 

post #1124 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post


Are you really asking how an armed militia occupying a government building and threatening violence is different from a bunch of unemployed hippies hanging out in a park? 

I enjoy your attempts to frame reality.
post #1125 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post
 

Oh hey don't mind Ammon Bundy and his redneck friends holed up in a government building. 

 

Can these seditionist fucks even read the Constitution they claim to defend? Can we use Apaches domestically? 

 

Do you mean the Constitution that only gives the feds permission to own land for (a) a seat of government; (b) "forts and other needful buildings"?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › Take all of the guns. All of them.