or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › The View: Nothing predates Jesus in this flat world.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The View: Nothing predates Jesus in this flat world. - Page 3

post #31 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
No, those are "˜stupid bitches'...they are a completely different category of women.

Perhaps you should de-antiquate your thinking and join us in 2007? While I'm sure it's all wonderful seeing everything through 1950's (just to take a stab of the type of era) rose-colored glasses, you should broaden your horizons regarding this issue; I mean if you did it with your sexuality, surely you could do it regarding this.

Jon.




Aren't you due to be shorn today?
post #32 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post


Aren't you due to be shorn today?

If that's your pickup line, you better go back to the drawing board.

Jon.
post #33 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post


Aren't you due to be shorn today?
A lot of times boys and girls stop being best friends once they discover sex.
post #34 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
A lot of times boys and girls stop being best friends once they discover sex.

Not if you weren’t attracted sexually to them in the first place. You don’t have to stick your dick in every hole you see.

Jon.
post #35 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
Not if you weren't attracted sexually to them in the first place. You don't have to stick your dick in every hole you see.

Jon.

shit, someone should have told me this a long time ago..
post #36 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
shit, someone should have told me this a long time ago..

Dude, see a doctor, stat.

Jon.
post #37 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
Not if you weren’t attracted sexually to them in the first place. You don’t have to stick your dick in every hole you see.

Jon.
Careful, you wouldn't want to take away edmorel's business.
post #38 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post
Dude, see imageWIS, stat.

Jon.
Fixed.
post #39 of 80
"Is the world flat?"

"I don't know"



I've already watched the first, but the second... Ugh.
post #40 of 80
The more you think about it, the stranger (and more stupid) it becomes. For example: if there was nothing before Jesus, what, precisely, was the ontological status of Mary and Joseph, the magi, the shepherds, the guy who gave Mary and Joseph access to the manger, and all the people filling up the inn, which forced them to use the manger in the first place? Who is this mysterious "Caesar Augustus" who ordered the census that forced Mary and Joseph to travel to Bethlehem, and what possible reason could you have to order a census when no one exists? How is it possible that John the Baptist was born BEFORE Jesus? Mysteries abound.
post #41 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucemaster View Post
The more you think about it, the stranger (and more stupid) it becomes. For example: if there was nothing before Jesus, what, precisely, was the ontological status of Mary and Joseph, the magi, the shepherds, the guy who gave Mary and Joseph access to the manger, and all the people filling up the inn, which forced them to use the manger in the first place? Who is this mysterious "Caesar Augustus" who ordered the census that forced Mary and Joseph to travel to Bethlehem, and what possible reason could you have to order a census when no one exists? How is it possible that John the Baptist was born BEFORE Jesus?

Mysteries abound.

As mentioned earlier in this post, the 'nothing before Jesus' argument only works from a Christian perspective in that you believe in a trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), which are always together and always one. That is how it works, because Jesus was w/ God in the beginning b/c Jesus is God. According to Christians at least.
post #42 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Careful, you wouldn't want to take away edmorel's business.



Jon.
post #43 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
As mentioned earlier in this post, the 'nothing before Jesus' argument only works from a Christian perspective in that you believe in a trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), which are always together and always one. That is how it works, because Jesus was w/ God in the beginning b/c Jesus is God. According to Christians at least.

Trust me, I know--my father is a Christian minister. As also mentioned earlier, though, it seems relatively clear that this isn't what she's thinking of. She thinks that Christianity and Greek polytheism were always contemporary, for example, and she thinks that there were no religions before Christianity. And since, as the religion is defined, Christianity relies on the actual physical manifestation of Jesus as the Christ, she's got all sorts of obvious questions she can't possibly answer.
post #44 of 80
sorry, must have misread the questions then... or tried to answer it without reading it fully
post #45 of 80
ok, sorry, I've never watched this. I know who barbara W is, and woopi G, who is the woman who says all the stupid stuff, and why is she on tv? there are plenty of stupid people in the world, why did this one get selected to be on tv?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › The View: Nothing predates Jesus in this flat world.