or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › 2015 / 2016 Republican Debate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015 / 2016 Republican Debate Thread - Page 21

post #301 of 440
Thread Starter 
He was repeatedly question about his personal finances, specially the liquidating of a retirement account that would have cost him $ in the way of early withdrawal fees. He answered, then the moderator repeated the question after citing that he liquidated the account even after being paid a million dollars for a book deal.
post #302 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I read one of the moderators attacked Rubio. If that's true isn't that a rather unusual thing for a moderator to do?


The moderators were attacking with every question. Cruz and Rubio received no special treatment. Remember, they are not minorities, they are White Hispanics.
post #303 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post

The moderators were attacking with every question. Cruz and Rubio received no special treatment. Remember, they are not minorities, they are White Hispanics.

No, they are CUBAN!! They hate being called Latinos, or Hispanics. Weird spics.
post #304 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I read one of the moderators attacked Rubio. If that's true isn't that a rather unusual thing for a moderator to do?

She did. It was rather pathetic. Almost none of the questions were substantive, the majority had to do with the election process. At one point asking Huckabee if he thought Trump had the moral integrity to be President, for example. Total crap.


Also, not hispanic or Cuban. Our very own Piobsy created the term wHisp to refer to these gentlepeople.
post #305 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

She did. It was rather pathetic. Almost none of the questions were substantive, the majority had to do with the election process. At one point asking Huckabee if he thought Trump had the moral integrity to be President, for example. Total crap.


Also, not hispanic or Cuban. Our very own Piobsy created the term wHisp to refer to these gentlepeople.

It would be good for us to move this term into mainstream America. Maybe one of you Millenimums can figure out how to add the term to Urban Dictionary.
post #306 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto View Post


No, they are CUBAN!! They hate being called Latinos, or Hispanics. Weird spics.

 

Definitionally, whether they like it or not, isn't a Cuban Hispanic?  I've always understood Hispanic to be from a Spanish speaking country, and Latinos being from a Latin America country.

post #307 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Definitionally, whether they like it or not, isn't a Cuban Hispanic?  I've always understood Hispanic to be from a Spanish speaking country, and Latinos being from a Latin America country.

It's kind of regional, but Cubans are very anal about it. For instance Ricans don't mind being called Latinos even though they are very similar to Cubans. I mean they both have European ancestry, and Black ancestry. I get that the whole "Latino", and "Hispanic" terms don't really make sense. In reality most Cubans are straight up Spanish (White), African, or mulattos. It's more of an independent pride thing with them.
post #308 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

She did. It was rather pathetic. Almost none of the questions were substantive, the majority had to do with the election process. At one point asking Huckabee if he thought Trump had the moral integrity to be President, for example. Total crap.

Understatement of the week. JFC… they asked an actual question about regulating fantasy sports games. Really? National priorities apparently.
post #309 of 440
I recall the word "substative" being thrown around almost as much as "substantive." While "substantive" appearantly possesses the downside of applying to absolutely anything anyone mentioned that night - i.e itself not a particularly substantive adjective at all in that context - it is at least a real word.
post #310 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReveller View Post

I recall the word "substative" being thrown around almost as much as "substantive." While "substantive" appearantly possesses the downside of applying to absolutely anything anyone mentioned that night - i.e itself not a particularly substantive adjective at all in that context - it is at least a real word.

There were a few other weird blunders like that I can't quite recall, but generally I'm just amazed by some of the poor dialogue and lack of basic elocution. I don't want to start anything by naming names as the political points are another thing entirely, but some of these dudes just sound like complete idiots.

"Substantive" is one word in particular however, that reminds me of so many bullshit arguments like this in law school.
post #311 of 440
Fiorina stuck to script very well.."the wealthy, the powerful, the well-connected". I think she got that populist tidbit out 47 times by the end of it.

Law is good for BS vocab. Finance keeps up though...everyone "circling back" to "follow up" for "more color" on something that's "robust." Ahh, watch out: it's a "pivot!" "Crystallize! Crystallize!"
post #312 of 440
Shame no one seems to have watched the debate tonight. It was good, or at least as good as they come these days.
post #313 of 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post

Shame no one seems to have watched the debate tonight. It was good, or at least as good as they come these days.

 

I watched it.  It somewhat resembled an actual debate.

post #314 of 440
I had to time shift it, so I didn't live post about it. But it was surprisingly good. Paul actually managed to get in a few good shots at Rubio for being the big spending war monger that he is, and although he didn't stump the Trump he did give him a good smack about the TPP and China.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4605855153001
post #315 of 440
Thread Starter 
John Kasich needs to masturbate before these debates. Every time he speaks it's like he's saying "I've cured cancer - I've done it. No, please, you don't understand. I've got it right back at my hotel room, I swear to god."

It's like a horror movie or murder mystery. He's the character trying to convince the authorities and others around him that something has gone terribly wrong and nobody believes him.

Trump received the biggest boo from the crowd when he said he "built a company worth billions and billions and didn't have to hear from a man like Kasich." When he gets into a shouting match he can't control himself. I'm waiting for him to slip and say something even worse. It'll probably happen once he's one of two or three people on stage.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Events, Power and Money
Styleforum › Forums › General › Current Events, Power and Money › 2015 / 2016 Republican Debate Thread