• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prefered Scotch Whisky, my 10 top.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What have i been missing, Is there 1. that I stil need to test? Listed in rought terms of prefference: Springbank 10 Highland Park "18" Mcallan "12" fine Oak Glenmorangie "callar 13" Mcallan "12" The Balvenie "doublewood 12" Glenmorangie "10" Glenfiddich "cask strengt 15" Auchentochan "10" (have yett to get familiar with this one) The last two are a different "league", and not my usual choice. But interesting in their special caracter
biggrin.gif
Lagvulin "16" Ardbeg "10" Have made a poll, post your prefference and If you have pointers that go in the same direction as the topp portion im al ears.
biggrin.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Laphroaig 10 is a ridiculously good scotch, especially when one considers the price.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Laphroaig 10 is a ridiculously good scotch, especially when one considers the price.

Agreed, although Laphroaig may well fall into the "special character" category.

Bouji

Reaction score
Caol Ila

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lagavulin and Talisker are my current favorites.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renault78law
Lagavulin and Talisker are my current favorites.

Is Lag as peaty as Talisker?

I'm partial to Glenlivet and Glenmorangie. In fact give me anything which begins with those first four letters and I won't complain. I tried Dalwinnie (sp?) after some thread recs last year but was a little disappointed.

+1 on Macallan

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
Is Lag as peaty as Talisker?

I'm partial to Glenlivet and Glenmorangie. In fact give me anything which begins with those first four letters and I won't complain. I tried Dalwinnie (sp?) after some thread recs last year but was a little disappointed.

+1 on Macallan

Lagavulin is peatier than Talisker, not as peaty as Laphroaig. Macallan is great and very drinkable.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Okay, I'll stop posting these pictures....at some point!
DSC00264.jpg
On your list, you need Cragganmore Distillery Edition. If I had to pick from your poll, the Balvenie 12 y/o.
DSC00274.jpg

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
how much scotch did you have to drink before you started to enjoy it? I've tried it and it's just too strong for me.I'll still to my girly LI iced teas.
laugh.gif

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
is "Arbberg" really "Ardbeg"? If that's the case it is quite good. I also happen to be a big Lagavulin fan....

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Laphroaig. Lagavulin comes in second. It's a pity most bars in Sydney don't have them.

nioh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
is "Arbberg" really "Ardbeg"? If that's the case it is quite good. I also happen to be a big Lagavulin fan....
Yes, Ardbeg. Obviously the OP has missed another fine single malt, Oban. Definitely up there with Lagavulin and Laphroaig.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ericajones80
love JW Blue Label....I like any of the JW offerings, but the Blue obviously the best

The sad thing is erica, put against the other two bottles of Scotch there, it tasted like stewed iodine band aides. Both the Duncan and the 21 y/o Balvenie are much smoother.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads