or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Prefered Scotch Whisky, my 10 top.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Prefered Scotch Whisky, my 10 top. - Page 2

post #16 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Laphroaig 10 is a ridiculously good scotch, especially when one considers the price.
The only Scotch I really drink is the 15.
post #17 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericajones80 View Post
love JW Blue Label....I like any of the JW offerings, but the Blue obviously the best

If I had to choose a JW, I actually prefer black label. But that may be colored by my view that blue label is incredibly underwhelming for the price.
post #18 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
how much scotch did you have to drink before you started to enjoy it? I've tried it and it's just too strong for me.I'll still to my girly LI iced teas.

You just love the abuse, you seek it out. What color panties does the iced tea come with?



I don't think I've tried 10 different scotches. I have simple tastes, the Glenlivet French Oak or 18 year pretty much do it for me.
post #19 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
You just love the abuse, you seek it out. What color panties does the iced tea come with? I don't think I've tried 10 different scotches. I have simple tastes, the Glenlivet French Oak or 18 year pretty much do it for me.
I'm surprised you even like scotch, Mr. Stella Artois.
post #20 of 88
Why do you need so many scotches? I would be happy with a collection limited to Macallan 18 and an Islay (probably Laphroaig 12 or 15).
post #21 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
I'm surprised you even like scotch, Mr. Stella Artois.
You do mean Stella-r-twat, don't you. I have some in the fridge right now.
post #22 of 88
No votes for Bunahabain yet? Gets my vote for favorite Islay.
post #23 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Laphroaig 10 is a ridiculously good scotch, especially when one considers the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
The only Scotch I really drink is the 15.

The 30-year-old Laphroaig is also a ridiculously good scotch, especially when found for under $250 per bottle.

lefty
post #24 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
If I had to choose a JW, I actually prefer black label. But that may be colored by my view that blue label is incredibly underwhelming for the price.

Absolutely. I'd put Gold Label up with Black, though Black is probably the better bargain.

I'll also second (third . . .) the Islays mentioned up to this point, and I'll add Bowmore. A list without Islays is simply illegitimate.
post #25 of 88
re
post #26 of 88
Ardbeg is actually the peatiest of them all, a bit too peaty for me. It will blow you away, even if you are a Laphroaig fan. I used to love the Islay peats (Laphroaig, Lagavulin and Ardbeg and Bruichladdich) but have moved inland and now prefer Oban and Highland Park, more middle-ground but still with some smoke. These really aren't Scotches, by the way, they're whiskies or single-malts. Scotch generally refers to blends, which can still be excellent, of course. I think the best Scotch deal out there is White Horse, which uses Lagavulin as its primary single-malt and yet remains inexpensive.
post #27 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouji View Post
Caol Ila

+1. I love Caol Ila.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post
If I had to choose a JW, I actually prefer black label. But that may be colored by my view that blue label is incredibly underwhelming for the price.

My favorite JW is Gold, also -- I like it better than Blue, and a much better value also. JW Black is my everyday whisky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post
Why do you need so many scotches? I would be happy with a collection limited to Macallan 18 and an Islay (probably Laphroaig 12 or 15).

I like to think there is a whisky for every mood. Some days it's the delicacy of Dalwhinnie that's called for, or the power of Lagavulin, others the nuanced pleasure of the Crag distillery's edition, yet others it's the dancing finess of a sherry-finished Macallan.

A random sampling...note the three different Crags



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyto View Post
Absolutely. I'd put Gold Label up with Black, though Black is probably the better bargain.

We like have one mind on whisky or something, Tyto.

~ Huntsman
post #28 of 88
I like Glenfiddich, but really any liquor my grandfather offers tends to be good.
post #29 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post
A random sampling...note the three different Crags



Nice display Huntsman. A great range of tastes and kudos on three bottlings of Crag!
post #30 of 88
Is Glenfiddich supposed to be good? I got a bottle of 12yo to try it out, and frankly I dislike it - tastes like someone added in too much water. It's currently getting mixed with drambuie for rusty nails.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Prefered Scotch Whisky, my 10 top.