or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments FW 15
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Engineered Garments FW 15 - Page 62

post #916 of 1015

Anyone have a large Barn Jacket they want to sell?

post #917 of 1015

Where is the best place to buy EG? Really love the style but can't find any place that has their clothes.

 

Also is the summer line available yet?

post #918 of 1015
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xman11815 View Post

Where is the best place to buy EG? Really love the style but can't find any place that has their clothes.

Also is the summer line available yet?

First off, we're stockist but if you go here http://www.engineeredgarments.com/Stockist.aspx you'll find a list of stockists.
post #919 of 1015
post #920 of 1015

@timpoblete

 

you are the best - i wish it were f/w all year...

post #921 of 1015
i want all of it
post #922 of 1015

Wow. Strong want on some of those pieces.

post #923 of 1015

Strong want on many pieces.

 

Chesterfields = :worship:

post #924 of 1015
Which are the Chesterfield
post #925 of 1015
FW15, tail end

















post #926 of 1015

Re: f/w16, Looks like they've been using the ts(s) photo filter.

 

I also feel like it looks hella expensive. Also great.

post #927 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
 

Re: f/w16, Looks like they've been using the ts(s) photo filter.

 

I also feel like it looks hella expensive. Also great.

 

this! i don't know why, but looking at fw16, the fear came over me that EG would "go the way of visvim pricing." I hope it remains "relatively affordable" for many seasons to come...or I get a raise at work :-)

post #928 of 1015
They are niche priced in line with many of the Japanese designers like Orslow, Post Overalls etc who use authentic vintage items as templates for their clothing.

What bothers me is that the last few EG garments I've had, all have threads dangling outside. The finishing of the threading is poor workmanship. Sometimes the clothes are covered in other stray coloured sewing threads. The cinch belts of one pair of USN pants just had so many loose threads, I wasn't sure if I should cut them off or witness the trousers unravelling by the time I got to work.

Visvim are made in China as a design-fashion hip-hop label. The kind of market their customers are interested in, is a very quickly changing one. EG's design philosophy however leaves me feeling uncertain. They claim to 'engineer' their garments, yet if we buy online, what is the point of wearing a poor fitting eccentric sized EG highly engineered garment? It's the anti-thesis of style, to wear highly detailed garments which don't fit.

When they do fit, they're great. But the market demand, particularly if they're "not available online" as many retailers declare, make it really hard to be any more enthusiastic about paying the recommended retail price.

Anyway, I like some of their clothing; some are better than others. Their beanies, for example, are an extreme disappointment. They cost more than an average 100% wool beanie, and are mostly made of polyamide plastic with a wool blend. There's no justification for skimping on the quality of fabric for the price point of EG, is there?
post #929 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortenmouton View Post

They are niche priced in line with many of the Japanese designers like Orslow, Post Overalls etc who use authentic vintage items as templates for their clothing.

What bothers me is that the last few EG garments I've had, all have threads dangling outside. The finishing of the threading is poor workmanship. Sometimes the clothes are covered in other stray coloured sewing threads. The cinch belts of one pair of USN pants just had so many loose threads, I wasn't sure if I should cut them off or witness the trousers unravelling by the time I got to work.

Visvim are made in China as a design-fashion hip-hop label. The kind of market their customers are interested in, is a very quickly changing one. EG's design philosophy however leaves me feeling uncertain. They claim to 'engineer' their garments, yet if we buy online, what is the point of wearing a poor fitting eccentric sized EG highly engineered garment? It's the anti-thesis of style, to wear highly detailed garments which don't fit.

When they do fit, they're great. But the market demand, particularly if they're "not available online" as many retailers declare, make it really hard to be any more enthusiastic about paying the recommended retail price.

Anyway, I like some of their clothing; some are better than others. Their beanies, for example, are an extreme disappointment. They cost more than an average 100% wool beanie, and are mostly made of polyamide plastic with a wool blend. There's no justification for skimping on the quality of fabric for the price point of EG, is there?

 

I predict the ensuing replies will not be pretty...good luck, mate! duck and cover :fence:

post #930 of 1015
It's okay - I'll just scarper for cover under my Nigel Cabourn parka biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments FW 15