or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments FW 15
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Engineered Garments FW 15 - Page 51

post #751 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post


Are the BDUs machine washable or dry clean only? I like them, but can't be dealing with dry clean only trousers.

 

i don't know if i'm just mangy but i only dry clean my woolen trousers once or twice a season, unless they experience some serious mess. usually a good airing, spot cleaning is fine. the more one cleans wool clothes, the more they wear out. 

post #752 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post


Are the BDUs machine washable or dry clean only? I like them, but can't be dealing with dry clean only trousers.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue peter View Post
 

 

i don't know if i'm just mangy but i only dry clean my woolen trousers once or twice a season, unless they experience some serious mess. usually a good airing, spot cleaning is fine. the more one cleans wool clothes, the more they wear out. 

 

Tag says hand wash cold, hang dry, professional dry clean only.  I agree with Peter, would probably only dry clean them once or twice a season as well (same as my suits).

post #753 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by JilSlander View Post

Care to share any pics, @Ritchee
?

The navy is darker in person. The inside pockets open vertical with a zipper and the elbow reinforcement is the same color fabric.

On cold days I wear an EG waxed vest under it. I picked it up on eBay and don't know the actual name of it. I'll post a pick of it later.



post #754 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlchau View Post


Tag says hand wash cold, hang dry, professional dry clean only.  I agree with Peter, would probably only dry clean them once or twice a season as well (same as my suits).

Thanks for the info.
post #755 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchee View Post

The navy is darker in person. The inside pockets open vertical with a zipper and the elbow reinforcement is the same color fabric.

On cold days I wear an EG waxed vest under it. I picked it up on eBay and don't know the actual name of it. I'll post a pick of it later.




I was looking for this in xs. Then i learned there was only 1 made, it went to japan, and insta-sold. Sad
post #756 of 1015
Anyone know where i can get type 6 jean black bull denim size 30 ? Screwed up on sizing and the 32 i got is too big.
post #757 of 1015

Random thoughts...

 

Was at Nepenthes this weekend - the FW15 stuff is definitely better in person! Items like the Clicker Jacket which were boring in stock photos are pretty special IRL. I will say a lot of this season kind of blends together though.

 

Also noticed all the sleeves were seemingly shorter on the jackets, which I liked. The Dexter Jacket had a really cool cut - very wide on the bottom but pretty slim through the body, with shorter sleeves.

 

The E-1 Pant fits in real life the same way it does in stock photos, which is kind of awkward and tubular, but a jacket on top would probably balance them out. The BTN pant was ridiculous - the top block is incredibly roomy down to the knee. B1P pant is quite voluminous too compared to last years iteration. This year's silhouette is very much tight top roomy bottom.

 

Be on the lookout for the Boucle Knit stuff hitting sale - the fabric is great! Knits are nicer feeling than FW14.

 

The Mackinaw and Faux fur duffle are ridiculous - I love em.

post #758 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickp View Post

 

Be on the lookout for the Boucle Knit stuff hitting sale - the fabric is great! Knits are nicer feeling than FW14.

 

Did you try on the Boucle Shawl Collar Knit? I have the vest & it fits kinda small in my usual size. Thus, not sure if I should size up.

 

I'm waiting for the sale  :)

post #759 of 1015
I have the boucle shawl collar knit. It fits snug and the sleeves are cut a bit short relative to prior seasons' EG knits. I still went TTS though. I think the sleeves will end up being too short for many people FYI.
Edited by bry2000 - 12/9/15 at 8:08am
post #760 of 1015

just got my olive moleskin bedford- this thing is amazing, thinking about trying to find the navy one now...

post #761 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticchasm View Post


I was looking for this in xs. Then i learned there was only 1 made, it went to japan, and insta-sold. Sad

what are the chances that the melton wool clicker will be back for FW16?

post #762 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post

I have the boucle shawl collar knit. It fits snug and the sleeves are cut a bit short relative to prior seasons' EG knits. I still went TTS though. I think the sleeves will end up being too short for many people FYI.


Do you like the fit? Or sizing up would still be ok?

post #763 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry2000 View Post

I have the boucle shawl collar knit. It fits snug and the sleeves are cut a bit short relative to prior seasons' EG knits. I still went TTS though. I think the sleeves will end up being too short for many people FYI.

 

Pics? Been eyeing the navy one all season

post #764 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino19 View Post


Do you like the fit? Or sizing up would still be ok?
Yes, the fit is fine. TTS works for me in the knit, although I did not try the size up so I don't know how much larger the next size would be on me. Much like last year's knits, they run a little short and this year, I notice the sleeves are on the short side. Usually, I have to get sleeves shortened on jackets or I cuff the sleeves on knits. With the EG boucle, I don't have to do either. If you are tall, I would imagine you can get away with sizing up.
post #765 of 1015
I can try to take a photo of mine. In the meanwhile, here is a line to some photos from a stockist.

http://www.trunkclothiers.com/engineered-garments-shawl-collar-knit-grey-boucle
I have the blue, which is a slightly lighter shade than navy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments FW 15