or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments FW 15
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Engineered Garments FW 15 - Page 43

post #631 of 1015
Thread Starter 
Great article here with an EG mention at the end.
.


http://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/how-japan-copied-american-culture-and-made-it-better-180950189/#Kjlve9uEgrh68hUM.99
post #632 of 1015
@modual @blue peter I have the olive sweater knit interliner from last season. I really like it layered under outerwear - I wear it the most with my Our Legacy MA-1. I try to only wear it in situations where I know I will be leaving it on - because once you remove your jacket you usually get a few "What is that?" remarks from people.
post #633 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken P View Post

@modual @blue peter I have the olive sweater knit interliner from last season. I really like it layered under outerwear - I wear it the most with my Our Legacy MA-1. I try to only wear it in situations where I know I will be leaving it on - because once you remove your jacket you usually get a few "What is that?" remarks from people.

 

haha - that's exactly what I thought would happen..."what is that?" haha - any fitpics for inspiration?

post #634 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue peter View Post

haha - that's exactly what I thought would happen..."what is that?" haha - any fitpics for inspiration?
I'll post one soon! Just starting to get cold enough here to layer.
post #635 of 1015
Assuming the knit interliner is the same style as last year's -- when I first saw it on-line, I thought it was a really cool piece and thought I may have missed out on it, until I found one locally. When I tried it on, I really did not care for it (especially at full retail price). It is solely a layering piece, but most everything except the heavy outerwear in the EG lineup can be viewed as a possible layering piece. And I found the knit interliner only good as a layer. As mentioned above, it looks silly without anything over it.
post #636 of 1015
I got the Hooded Interliner from FW14 in brown fair isle. Yes, it's a layering piece, and it goes well with pretty much anything given how short it is. If you're too self-conscious for someone to see that you're wearing a dickie, then a dickie isn't for you.
post #637 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluther View Post

I got the Hooded Interliner from FW14 in brown fair isle. Yes, it's a layering piece, and it goes well with pretty much anything given how short it is. If you're too self-conscious for someone to see that you're wearing a dickie, then a dickie isn't for you.


Fully agreed. Almost evrything is about self conscious to a certain extent.

 

My FW15 navy piece is on the way. I think it looks nice over just a shirt too.

post #638 of 1015

Which jacket is this called from the FW14 collection? I tried doing a search over the net and forums and didn't find much. Thanks in advance guys.

 

post #639 of 1015

the jacket is a "knit blazer in olive jersey" as indicated in the FW14 catalogue here: http://www.nepenthes.co.jp/brands/2014fw/eg.html

 

you might consider using nepenthes' catalogues for future reference as they've all got the garments list appendix.

 

and you're welcome.

post #640 of 1015

Fair warning - that knit/ jersey jacket looks so much better in the lookbook than in the wild (less shiny, weird cut, more "sweater", stretch-y). The styling with the cool knickers helps as well. Sizing on those jackets also is a bit weird (small) for my taste. 

post #641 of 1015
Unlike mbaum, I really like the material itself – have the cardigan in it. Think it's a really rich shade that pairs well with every shade of brown. However, he's right about the cut being weird. I think the model in the lookbook is sized up
post #642 of 1015
Those knit jackets are terrible. Arms, body are too short. The chest and waist are oversized. They even look shitty styled on nepenthes right now.
post #643 of 1015
tumblr_inline_nuj1pz2NFV1qe44yl_1280.jpg
post #644 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluther View Post

I got the Hooded Interliner from FW14 in brown fair isle. Yes, it's a layering piece, and it goes well with pretty much anything given how short it is. If you're too self-conscious for someone to see that you're wearing a dickie, then a dickie isn't for you.

 

I've been considering the interliner and perhaps a good way to think about it is more of an accessory like a scarf or shawl - something to layer on a cold day for added warmth outdoors but then remove when you get inside. less weird "wtf is that?" looks! haha

post #645 of 1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitant View Post

Those knit jackets are terrible. Arms, body are too short. The chest and waist are oversized. They even look shitty styled on nepenthes right now.

Looks good to me....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Engineered Garments FW 15