or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Armani outdoor jacket
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Armani outdoor jacket

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Hi guys, I picked this up on eBay for $170. What do you think? I liked the stand up collar New with tags. ( 60% polyester, 40% spandex. -- I might end up hating it. )
post #2 of 15
link to auction?
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
link to auction?
I prefer not to reveal my ebay identity. I hope this does not offend.
post #4 of 15
Nice jacket, but the seller isn't truthful about prices. For instance, they are selling Joseph Abboud dress shirts claiming they retail for $320 (when they are actually $95 or less) and Boss: Hugo Boss sport coats - not full suits - and says they retailed for $1750 (more like $500).
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Nice jacket, but the seller isn't truthful about prices.  For instance, they are selling Joseph Abboud dress shirts claiming they retail for $320 (when they are actually $95 or less) and Boss: Hugo Boss sport coats - not full suits - and says they retailed for $1750 (more like $500).
Argh... so you know who i am . Thanks for keeping quiet
post #6 of 15
Gregory: I for one like the look of it. Let us know how it fits/feels. 40% spandex seems like a really high number to me, so I'm curious as to the results.* The price is great (good ebay hunting), although the same jacket went for 152 a few days ago. *I tend to stick to natural fibers, perhaps irrationally.
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Quote:
Nice jacket, but the seller isn't truthful about prices.  For instance, they are selling Joseph Abboud dress shirts claiming they retail for $320 (when they are actually $95 or less) and Boss: Hugo Boss sport coats - not full suits - and says they retailed for $1750 (more like $500).
Argh... so you know who i am . Thanks for keeping quiet
I would bid on a few of your items, except they aren't my size
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
VersaceMan: I would hope the jacket really did cost $2,050 though because I don't think they would fake the tag. (In the case of the Abboud items, he/she claimed cost $300 but he/she did not show tags that said $300.) Why would you want to bid on any of my items? I'm trying to get rid of them for a REASON.
post #9 of 15
Quote:
VersaceMan: I would hope the jacket really did cost $2,050 though because I don't think they would fake the tag. (In the case of the Abboud items, he/she claimed cost $300 but he/she did not show tags that said $300.) Why would you want to bid on any of my items? I'm trying to get rid of them for a REASON.
Well, one of the coats looked nice for the price - especially good for wearing to class on rainy days.
post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Gregory: I for one like the look of it.  Let us know how it fits/feels.  40% spandex seems like a really high number to me, so I'm curious as to the results.* The price is great (good ebay hunting), although the same jacket went for 152 a few days ago. *I tend to stick to natural fibers, perhaps irrationally.
Thanks. I'll report back when I receive the item. Like you, I prefer natural fibers, but certain looks and styles can only be achieved by artificial fibers unfortunately.
post #11 of 15
Looks nice. The tag may be deceiving though. Don't ever assume that the price on a tag is in US dollars unless the tag is from a US retailer. This looks like a sample - a nice design.
post #12 of 15
There's no way on earth that jacket sold anywhere for US$2050. Also: I am skeptical about that seller's assertion that his items are "New With Tags". Certainly they're not new with their original hang tags in many cases, which - unless they're samples - means they're probably used. I also think it's a bit deceptive to sell even new things as "New With Tags" when the only tag is your own.
post #13 of 15
Emporio Armani casual jacket for 2 Gs? Sounds rather dubious.
post #14 of 15
That tag is not original. Note the shape which is of those ubiquitous tags of the antique stores. Emporio Armani uses a large rectangular tag with a small booklet like flap to cover it. Similar to Giorgio Armani's tags. The jacket probably retailed around $400-$500. Example this "NWT Armani Black Label Armani jacket."
post #15 of 15
I look a bit more into his/her auctions and all the price tags look the same for all merchandises. Hemmmmm? One auction catch my attention though: S/He get an Armani black label blazer for $199 starting bid, $299 BIN. Does that look real for you guys? It does have stacked, kissing buttons to begin with.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Armani outdoor jacket