• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jean Shop NYC

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I need your help once again. Jean Shop --- anybody own a pair? I'm considering it for my shop but have only seen one pair. The website doesn't give much info so I thought I'd ask all you good people.
Thanks.
And yes, all members get a discount at Trueffelschwein Berlin! If anyone ever comes to visit me
frown.gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get smart was raving about his pair last year

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've seen them before, seem like pretty nice jeans. I like their leather goods a lot as well.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm planning on buying a pair in spring - the ones I've checked out in person are pretty nice and they have some neat subtle detailing as well. I've been told that you can order them made (as a stockist) in any way that you want, i.e. one wash, raw, etc.

I've also been told that they're going to be sold in Harrods soon under some arrangement with a few of the shareholders, and they're currently working on a shirt collaboration with Turnbull & Asser.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're starting distribution here in Germany and I find the retail pricepoint really high. The german agency is sending me a sample to wear so I guess I'll know then if I like it or not but I'm really curious what you guys think of it.
The agent said they only have one cut/model available. I guess thats what they chose for germany. I'm kind of intrigued---that or nothing. Makes ordering really easy.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying out the pair.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
They're starting distribution here in Germany and I find the retail pricepoint really high...
The agent said they only have one cut/model available. I guess thats what they chose for germany. I'm kind of intrigued---that or nothing. Makes ordering really easy.

Only one model? That's kind of lame.
confused.gif
I think the pair that I have my eyes on is called the "Rocker" or something similar.

But yeah, I also found their retail price here in the U.S. kind of high, at about 230-250USD if I remember correctly on the ones I was looking at. Will they be charging you EU guys more?

falsestart

Reaction score
glad you brought this up berlin-

I've walked past their store here many times but have never checked out the goods, will pop my head in next time. I know get smart's fit well but as I remember he mentioned a tad of hip flare..............

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by falsestart
glad you brought this up berlin-

I've walked past their store here many times but have never checked out the goods, will pop my head in next time. I know get smart's fit well but as I remember he mentioned a tad of hip flare..............

They give you shots of Patron while trying on the jeans.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have their jeans, but I bought a pair for my gf a while ago. I'm very impressed with their quality, certainly better than APC for sure, probably on the 5ep level. The selvage denim is really dark, and the construction is top notch. My gf loves them, but she doesn't wear them often because they're too stiff for her.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I want a pair myself, but haven't got around to buy one.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Yea BR I have a pair of Jean Shops.. They have a few different cuts, so I'm not sure why you were told there was only one.

Mine are called "Skinny straight" on the inside of jean....it's a similar cut to Julian Red california. they run large in the waist like APC, mine are size 29 and measured about 30.5-31 new...now they've stretched to probably 32-33 which feel almost loose.

Construction is great, I like the bright orange stitching throughout (tho I'm sure this is a turnoff for some) and they use nice Riri zipper and the orange selvage looks cool.

My only ***** after having these for 6 months is they've become a bit saggy in shape and the waist stretched out more than I'd prefer. But it would probably be nice for saggers since you can wear them low (they're already low rise to begin with, about 9") When I cinch my belt, it creates almost a "codpiece" effect at the crotch since the material is being bunched together. And as they got more worn, I do notice more of a hip flare, which is odd since they arent that full around the hips & thigh.

Despite the ^^^ criticisms I really like these and they are a regular part of my rotation. I just cinch my belt one hole looser and the codpiece effect is gone, which was my biggest concern. I love the leg dimensions....really slim without being skinny/tight.

check out the store in NYC when you're there, it's really cool. Lots of nice leather pieces

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Berlin, my hips arent that wide so it could be specific to me

the SFx5EP have a bit of hip flare too, tho it's gone down after a wash.....matter of fact, the only 2 jeans I know for sure don't have hip flare are Julian Red Cali and most Nudies (thin finn, slim jim, ola etc).

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Be sure to post pics when you get them, Berlin. Do you think they designed a Europe-specific model, or they're just selling you their favorite of their current batch?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Get Smart, do you have any pictures of the jeans on you that shows the flaring by any chance? That kind of worries me too. I don't think I've seen you wearing them in the WAYWT thread.

Calden

Reaction score
I'm not really sure about fits since I've never owned a pair, but I've seen a couple really nice fades. Serge d Nimes just posted some great pics of his on sufu... PICS

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads