or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New RL coupon and private sale
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New RL coupon and private sale - Page 4

post #46 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
You guys are KILLLING ME....
That's it, I have to sell 2-3 of my lesser cordovan shoes because of this, recoup my costs...

hehehehe.

this is called the "diorshoe" syndrome.

hehehehe.
post #47 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post
Quick question. What's so good about the Darlton's, that everyone is clamoring for them?
They're made from shell cordovan leather.
post #48 of 252
teddie, you got to go to polo store in SC and see the darlton wingtip.

you would love them, trust me, i know your preference. this is a sweet shoe to be had for $354. go there now and order, the guy will not charge you state tax and free shipping by calling an out of state store for you.


they close at 9PM tonite. or go to the website by 12 Midnight tonite. without that extra 15% they are 417 dollars. still not bad. very good price.

you'll need a 10.5D
post #49 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post
Quick question. What's so good about the Darlton's, that everyone is clamoring for them?
Shell is addictive.
post #50 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
Shell is addictive.
It is the deliciousness of it.
post #51 of 252
What are your opinions of these two shoes:

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family
Kenley Wingtip

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family
RL Rivington single strap monk

I have a pair of double strap monks in black that I love very much but need something in brown. Not sure if I should go for the more formal wingtip or the more casual monk, or if I should be checking ebay and GVH instead.

Thanks!
post #52 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddieriley View Post
Quick question. What's so good about the Darlton's, that everyone is clamoring for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe View Post
teddie, you got to go to polo store in SC and see the darlton wingtip.

you would love them, trust me, i know your preference. this is a sweet shoe to be had for $354. go there now and order, the guy will not charge you state tax and free shipping by calling an out of state store for you.


they close at 9PM tonite. or go to the website by 12 Midnight tonite. without that extra 15% they are 417 dollars. still not bad. very good price.

you'll need a 10.5D

I had a 10.5. Just sent them back to GVH.

Partly, Teddie, it's just the SF hive mind at work. These things take on their own momentum.

But partly it's because they are really well put-together shoes.

Fortunately, GVH sent me the wrong size and I failed to get up to the Mansion tonight, so I think I'll do without them.
post #53 of 252
Waterpig, I guess it depends upon the look you want. The wingtips are more "Tom Brownish" where the single monk look is a bit more formal/stylish. If you have the extra dough and like wingtips, I would go with the heavier looking http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

That is one serious brown wingtip baby!
post #54 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post
Waterpig, I guess it depends upon the look you want. The wingtips are more "Tom Brownish" where the single monk look is a bit more formal/stylish. If you have the extra dough and like wingtips, I would go with the heavier looking http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

That is one serious brown wingtip baby!

Ah, I would if I could! It's not offered in my size, alas. I'm more inclined towards the single monk but feel that a pair of monks in both black and brown seems...narrow minded? I want to expand my shoe collection in more than one dimension.
post #55 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCN View Post
Does the Polo website instantly update availability or do you think some of us might not get our Darltons?

Shipping notice just rec'd. for mine.
post #56 of 252
last check the wingtips are down to just 4 sizes. Good thing I bought mine this morning.
post #57 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimslade View Post
Partly, Teddie, it's just the SF hive mind at work. These things take on their own momentum.

.

I figured as much. I was considering them, even though I don't even really like them!

I think I'll save my money for the Lobbs I want to buy some time next year, maybe. So long as the goals of getting a house and new car don't get in the way.
post #58 of 252
Is it worth waiting for the slim chance that a single monk strap from the C&J bench made line will show up on GVH, or should I go for the inferior Italian shoe that I could get from this sale?

Are the made in Italy shoes that mediocre?

Thanks.
post #59 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post
Waterpig, I guess it depends upon the look you want. The wingtips are more "Tom Brownish" where the single monk look is a bit more formal/stylish. If you have the extra dough and like wingtips, I would go with the heavier looking http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

That is one serious brown wingtip baby!


well, here is the thing, i think wingtips should be more chic casual , and alot of times a wingtip made /forced to look more elegant or formal looks contrived or off.
i like it when a wingtip is made to look naturally more heavy set, a bit clunkier, and preferentially a blucher.
(i dont like bal wingtips)
this darlton naturally looks really good.
post #60 of 252
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

does this sweater actually fit that slim? or would i be joking with myself to think it will fit like that?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New RL coupon and private sale