or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New RL coupon and private sale
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New RL coupon and private sale - Page 8

post #106 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
Haha shoe is really rubbing it in for those who missed out.

If it's any consolation, I ordered around 11 am on 11/15 and I'm STILL waiting for my delivery confirmation. It still says "located in stock". Might get canceled.

Same for me.

Regards.
post #107 of 252
Brian, did you order a pair yourself?

I'll reserve my gloating until after I have the shoes in my hands. Mine is on the way, have a Fex-ex tracking number and everything
post #108 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post
Brian, did you order a pair yourself?


i dont pity myself.
post #109 of 252
Did those of you who have received shipping confirmation choose expedited shipping? I chose standard and my order tracking shows "located in stock". Have yet to receive a shipping confirmation. Same for items I ordered for my wife.
post #110 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint View Post
Are the Darlton's brown or more of a #8 type color? How are the soles stitched? Thanks.
Stitched aloft
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA1 View Post
Does anyone know when the sale stuff will be further reduced? At some point the stores mark the sale price down another 30 to 40% right?
Don't know about that. The wingtips in question were already 40 off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Any pics of this shoe? Is it the same as the Marlow wingtip? lefty
These shoes are called both Darlton and Marlowe II, I believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubencahn View Post
Did those of you who have received shipping confirmation choose expedited shipping? I chose standard and my order tracking shows "located in stock". Have yet to receive a shipping confirmation. Same for items I ordered for my wife.
I placed my order at 6am EST on Thursday and took the free shipping. My packages were rec'd at about 2 this afternoon. Nothing happens at polo.com over the weekend. They all went home. FWIW, my wife purchased a pair of Italian made Chelseas that seem very nice. They were originally priced at $550, marked down plus the 15%. They appear to be Blake rapid stitched with nailed heels and nails at the toe. I am pretty impressed by them.
post #111 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston;I placed my order at 6am EST on Thursday and took the free shipping. My packages were rec'd at about 2 this afternoon. Nothing happens at polo.com over the weekend. They all went home.

FWIW, my wife purchased a pair of Italian made Chelseas that seem very nice. They were originally priced at $550, marked down plus the 15%. They appear to be Blake rapid stitched with nailed heels and nails at the toe. I am pretty impressed by them.
[IMG

Thanks, I placed my order 3 hours later. I just got home from grocery shopping to find an email saying my items had shipped.

Nice boots. Luckily they're sold out in my wife's size as between this sale and WW Chan visiting, I've spent way too much money. I did snag her a cherry red peacoat.
post #112 of 252
I just got my shipment confirmation. I ordered a single pair of 9.5 Darlton wingtips, nothing else, with free ground shipping, around 11am PST on 11/15.
post #113 of 252
I just received my shipping confirmation, for an order placed Thursday (not expedited), which should be with me on Wednesday. I also received the additional 15% in store today. The Manager informed me that this is extended through Monday.
post #114 of 252
The 15% is extended through Monday?
post #115 of 252
^^ Not online.
post #116 of 252
I picked up the Marlow plain toe blucher in brown shell. I might have also bought the Darlton wingtips, but I'm not sure yet. Even though they had them on the website in an 11 and my local store doesn't stock them, I figured I'd throw the SA some extra business and buy them from him if he could get them. He assured me he could and that he'd call me to confirm. He called Friday at close of business to advise that he'd need to complete it on Saturday - and then nothing. My charge for the Marlows went through on my card, but not for the Darltons, so we'll see if he fumbled or if he'll get it done. I hope like hell he makes it happen, especially since I could have bought them online, but if not I'll suffer quietly with the plain toes.
post #117 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint View Post
Anyone else had this experience, that accepting the code after it expired is discretionary?

At the last sale I was being helped by the manager of the mansion three days after the 15% Thursday. He said that he couldn't honour the kick. When I went to pay I handed the young fellow behind the counter my card and he took the 15% off.

There's a lot of leeway in the week of the sale and no consistency between locations or SAs.

lefty
post #118 of 252
Darlton wingtips back on Polo.com in 7.5 and 10.5.
post #119 of 252
I just spoke with the manager in Chicago (don't know which store, first on the list on the website). He said that the 15% will be honored there until tomorrow. The SA I bought the Darltons from retroactively adjusted my invoice.
post #120 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by letmebefell View Post
I just spoke with the manager in Chicago (don't know which store, first on the list on the website). He said that the 15% will be honored there until tomorrow. The SA I bought the Darltons from retroactively adjusted my invoice.

Sweet, just called the Chicago store and they adjusted my Darlton wingtips and penny loafers. Thanks for the info letmebefell.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › New RL coupon and private sale