• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Bespoke Glasses

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anybody know who makes high-quality bespoke glasses? My head is hard to fit (too big), and I'd like some nice horn-rimmed glasses that will last.

I can buy local (Chicago, NYC, DC), or international if necessary.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I believe Alex Kabbaz introduced an artisan named Nader Zadi at one of the Coalitions of Sartorial Effervescence a few years ago. I think he does some form of custom eyewear. Also maybe Meyrowitz, Coffignon, Oliver Peoples or Cutler & Gross.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I think these are nice:

http://www.meyrowitz.com/us/achard_us.htm

Very bold; nothing more unattractive than a pair of affectedly understated minimalist frames.

Thin frames don't work well with the out-size features of my face anyway. My current frames are very thick, black plastic Rodenstocks--it's irritating when people comment about their unfashionably large size. As if I picked them because I didn't know better.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How about going all out and getting tortoise-shell frames from Maison Bonnet?

I'm supposing genuine tortoise shell is going to cost more than I want to spend. Real horn, on the other hand, seems more reasonable. But, wow, those are gorgeous and look exactly like what I want.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Thin frames don't work well with the out-size features of my face anyway. My current frames are very thick, black plastic Rodenstocks--it's irritating when people comment about their unfashionably large size. As if I picked them because I didn't know better.
I don't have out-sized facial features, but I do like oversized plastic frames. Part of it is because of my contrarian nature towards trends. Somehow I know huge black eyeglass frames are never going to be mass popular. How large are your frames? As large as these?
020606_lew_wasserman.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't have out-sized facial features, but I do like oversized plastic frames.

How large are your frames? As large as these?

020606_lew_wasserman.jpg

Not quite so large. But that's the right idea.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Rather like mine, I suppose.

Those are a very similar shape, except mine are black. From a quick glance at Rodenstock's website, it would appear they no longer make such glasses.

Maison Bonnet looks fantastic. Any idea of the cost? Also, do I have to be in Paris?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are a very similar shape, except mine are black. From a quick glance at Rodenstock's website, it would appear they no longer make such glasses.

Maison Bonnet looks fantastic. Any idea of the cost? Also, do I have to be in Paris?

Mine are also black, from Cutler & Gross. I posted a picture in the WAYWT thread.

As for Maison Bonnet, I believe they start at about $4000 all the way up to $10,000+ for the blonde shells. I'm sure you'd need to be in France for the fittings, no different from a suit or a pair of shoes.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I believe Alex Kabbaz introduced an artisan named Nader Zadi at one of the Coalitions of Sartorial Effervescence a few years ago. I think he does some form of custom eyewear. Also maybe Meyrowitz, Coffignon, Oliver Peoples or Cutler & Gross.

Well, if Zadi is a bona fide CSE vendor, what else is there to say?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
As for Maison Bonnet, I believe they start at about $4000 all the way up to $10,000+ for the blonde shells.

!!!

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, if Zadi is a bona fide CSE vendor, what else is there to say?
I think you should get the Bonnet tortoiseshell glasses. I think they somehow would suit you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads