or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Best actors (of your generation)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best actors (of your generation) - Page 6

post #76 of 158
Mathieu Amalric is unbelievable IMO. I'm glad the world will have the chance to see him perform a little more than in "Munich" with the upcoming release of Schnabel's movie. Can't wait for that one to come to America!
post #77 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post
Probably one of those "earlier is always better - later is worse" dullards....

quando un tifoso di roma dice qualcosa normalmente non vale nulla
post #78 of 158
Umm, wtf? No Helen Mirren? Best actress alive, IMO.
post #79 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Umm, wtf? No Helen Mirren? Best actress alive, IMO.

No, clearly Mariah Carey.
post #80 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
No, clearly Mariah Carey.
I bet SoCal2URPants has Glitter permanently sealed in his DVD player.
post #81 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
I bet SoCal2URPants has Glitter permanently sealed in his DVD player.

Letters petitioning the studios to release a special edition box set piling up on the coffee table.
post #82 of 158
For actrices, I would have to say Merryl Streep, Mirren, and Edi Falco.
post #83 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Bale is definitely a very good actor, I usually like him way better than the movies he stars in, he's one of the few american actors who can elevate a picture.

nm. violinist beat me to it.

And i would definitely put dicaprio in there.
post #84 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post
quando un tifoso di roma dice qualcosa normalmente non vale nulla

scarphe - non parlo italiano, but I get the gist. please know i was commenting on underlying obnoxious comment, and not your assertion....
post #85 of 158
Robert de Niro
post #86 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist View Post
People who say things like that usually only see big blockbuster films.

If you can't find one nice thing to say about the many talented actors there are today, then you probably don't know much about film at all.

Not really, Film like painting or drawing is art therefor is subjective. I like manet but I find that monet is not to my taste. So yes i can dislike theactors of my generation and still know somethng about about film, so go stuff it as wipe.
post #87 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post
Not really, Film like painting or drawing is art therefor is subjective. I like manet but I find that monet is not to my taste. So yes i can dislike theactors of my generation and still know somethng about about film, so go stuff it as wipe.

I'm surprised that you cannot find ANYONE (DeNiro, Hoffman, Pacino, Nicholson etc... etc..) that matches the theatric "brilliance" of the incomparable Humphrey Boghart. Like, are you serious? You're honestly telling me that none of the above actors, including people like Edward Norton, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio and Phillip Seymour Hoffman cannot match the earthshattering talent of Boghart? That's fine to have an opinion, but there's a point where a "subjective" opinion becomes so absurd that it cannot be taken seriously. Have you opinion, that's fine, but don't claim to know anything about film.
post #88 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Mathieu Amalric is unbelievable IMO. I'm glad the world will have the chance to see him perform a little more than in "Munich" with the upcoming release of Schnabel's movie. Can't wait for that one to come to America!

He played in Munich? Should I check this one out? I don't like Spielberg but the thematic is interesting and reminds me of a pretty good tv series I saw as a kid about black september and its aftermath.

I like Desplechin's movies a lot and think his recurring cast of actors is pretty good. Also dig the Jaoui/Bacri crew.

There must be some very solid eastern european actors working right now and their cinema is on the rise but i'm not sure who to check out.
post #89 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarphe View Post
Not really, Film like painting or drawing is art therefor is subjective. I like manet but I find that monet is not to my taste. So yes i can dislike theactors of my generation and still know somethng about about film, so go stuff it as wipe.

Arggg the art is subjective therefore no opinion holds bullshit is back!!!

post #90 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
Bale is definitely a very good actor, I usually like him way better than the movies he stars in, he's one of the few american (British) actors who can elevate a picture.
Stop stealing our fine Englishmen. A few on my List: Forest Whitaker Isabella Hupert Hugo Weaving Gael García Bernal Vincent Cassel Christian Bale Eric Bana
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Best actors (of your generation)