or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Video Games
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Video Games - Page 226

post #3376 of 4261
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Sooo ez!!!. Wol last mission from suxkville. Wol waa was misery and grief. Hots was...Make swarm hosts and lurkers for base defense then farm mins. Ezmode to the Max. Kerrigan would easily deal with every with every attack on your base.

What's a mini? I was sort of not paying attention for parts of it. Fucked around and went Ultras and Banelings. Those respawning ultras are amazeballs. If I focused I'd probably be able to knock it out in 40. Honestly, I thought the WOL final mission was easier. Although, I only played that on hard. I just massed siege tanks around the base and used marines to deal with Kerrigan.

The mission archives thing in this game is AWESOME. You can replay any mission, on any difficulty, and fuck around with ANY upgrade or special ability. So sweet.
post #3377 of 4261
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Sooo ez!!!. Wol last mission from suxkville. Wol waa was misery and grief. Hots was...Make swarm hosts and lurkers for base defense then farm mins. Ezmode to the Max. Kerrigan would easily deal with every with every attack on your base.

BTW - if you're going to keep doing this impression, you've got to say 'essence' WAY more often...
post #3378 of 4261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

BTW - if you're going to keep doing this impression, you've got to say 'essence' WAY more often...

Haha that wasn't an impression just me being wasted. nod[1].gif

Outside of the difficulty, I think its the structure of the mission that's a letdown; its a very simple affair. I kept waiting for a twist but it was pretty straightforward. Contrast that to wol... You have a panic button, multiple tech choices influencing which version of the mission you'd play and the mission itself was a frantic attempt to hold off the ultimate zerg rush. Hots last mission was just a little underwhelming and indicative of the overall decline in quality between the two games.
post #3379 of 4261
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Haha that wasn't an impression just me being wasted. nod[1].gif

Outside of the difficulty, I think its the structure of the mission that's a letdown; its a very simple affair. I kept waiting for a twist but it was pretty straightforward. Contrast that to wol... You have a panic button, multiple tech choices influencing which version of the mission you'd play and the mission itself was a frantic attempt to hold off the ultimate zerg rush. Hots last mission was just a little underwhelming and indicative of the overall decline in quality between the two games.

i definitely agree with that. there were a bunch of "OH SHIT" moments in WOL. Nothing like that here.

Anyone know if it'll be another 2 years before the Protoss expansion comes out?
post #3380 of 4261
Tomb Raider is pretty decent, but it doesn't play to its strengths. Too much combat, not enough platforming on the critical path. The open world is more for item collection than survival.

Metal Gear Rising/Revengeance is proof that Platinum is the best action game makers in the world right now. The parrying system, the encounter and enemy variety, the QTEs that simply integrate normal controls... brilliant stuff.

Fire Emblem: Awakening, just like XCOM, has an innovative new system for TRPGs/SRPGs: the pair up system. You can get stat boosts and affinity by pairing up team members (increasingly surviveability), but you get a much smaller tactical foot print because the two units take up a single grid space. The game doesn't quite take full advantage of this (no real situations that you WOULDN'T want units paired in Hard/Impossible difficulty), but it's pretty well executed anyway. You also marry your characters and get children that take their parent's stats and skills.

I'm enthusiastic about finally playing Etrian Odyssey IV, from what I've seen it's head and shoulders above the previous three (brilliant) games.
post #3381 of 4261
Finally got deep into Baldurs Gate 2. It's much more difficult than any of the other Bioware games that i've played, and all the better for it.
post #3382 of 4261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nananine View Post

Tomb Raider is pretty decent, but it doesn't play to its strengths. Too much combat, not enough platforming on the critical path. The open world is more for item collection than survival.

Is it similar in terms of enjoyment like the Uncharted series?
post #3383 of 4261
Counting down the days until BioShock infinite...
post #3384 of 4261
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Counting down the days until BioShock infinite...

 

You know it, gonna hole up over easter.

post #3385 of 4261
So I've been trying to play the original Bioshock in preparation for Infinite and I have to say, I can't just get into it. I"m not sure if the game is showing signs of age (which I highly doubt), but I find it difficult for me to sit down with the game for some time. Does it eventually pick up? Right now, I've just defeated the first boss and I think the last power I acquired was telekinesis.
post #3386 of 4261
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiemczee View Post

So I've been trying to play the original Bioshock in preparation for Infinite and I have to say, I can't just get into it. I"m not sure if the game is showing signs of age (which I highly doubt), but I find it difficult for me to sit down with the game for some time. Does it eventually pick up? Right now, I've just defeated the first boss and I think the last power I acquired was telekinesis.

A lot depends on what kind of game you're into. It's not an intense fps like Call of Duty or Halo. It's more like an RPG in that it's more about exploration and upgrading, along with story, so if that doesn't interest you then you probably won't get into it. I never got into FPS in general but I loved Bioshock.
post #3387 of 4261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

Is it similar in terms of enjoyment like the Uncharted series?

Similar, but the encounters/level design isn't as well thought out as the ones in Uncharted 2. The platforming and exploration is superior to that of Uncharted, but there's not much of it during combat. The bow and cover mechanics are very good (no button cover, you just go into cover/crouch during any combat). Stealth is a bit awkward/easy, but it gives decent choices for encounters.

I wish there was more puzzling ala Tomb Raider 1, but that's me wanting a different game altogether so I don't think that's fair.

Next up: Simcity post server-pocalypse, Kentucky Route Zero, Bientot l'ete, and of course Bioshock Infinite.
post #3388 of 4261

I´m so getting Bioshock Infinite. Saw a review today and was amazed by how awesome it looks.

post #3389 of 4261
I'll probably get Tomb Raider, but as someone who first played Tomb Raider II when I was 13/14, I'm pissed they made her boobs smaller. There goes feminism ruining our teenagedom.
post #3390 of 4261
The Last of Us

This game really makes me wish I had a PS3


http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8ZYkj0glnqs#!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Video Games