A great hobby indeed...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 2:20 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3981post #59702 of 604693/19/17 at 5:50pmpost #59703 of 604693/19/17 at 5:51pmThread Starterpost #59704 of 604693/19/17 at 5:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by ChetB
Personally, given the limited amount of time you'll have, I'd skip the thrifts and go some place with great consignment shops and other cool shops you can't find elsewhere. For me that'd be New York. (As much as I love LA, sounds like you're closer to the East Coast.) You still get the thrill of the hunt, you're guaranteed to find something cool for a relatively good price, and you can check out some awesome retail shops, even if only for window shopping.
That's probably the logic I should be using. In that case, I kind of wish Linda had an open warehouse in Pennsylvania.
I'd be sure to stop by when you're not around just to slightly fuck up the color order of your ties. Put a hunter green tie in the middle of the kelly greens, pink in the burgundy.post #59705 of 604693/19/17 at 5:57pmpost #59706 of 604693/19/17 at 6:02pm
Some recent finds:
Heavy Simon Spurr suit. NWT. Seems like somebody got the pants hemmed, then dry-aged it in a closet for a few years.
Boatload of BB ties. Some vintage, some still with original tags:
And a nice Gant Rugger DB suit circa (I think) 2013. Pants are ultra-slim or it might be my first DB suit since age 5.
And I'll never forget my first even if it is a little rough around the edges:
Today was a good day.post #59707 of 604693/19/17 at 6:04pmpost #59708 of 604693/19/17 at 6:10pmpost #59709 of 604693/19/17 at 6:13pmQuote:
This is the only stamp I've been able to find, and its on a bunch of the pieces
more pics Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #59710 of 604693/19/17 at 6:29pmThread Starterpost #59711 of 604693/19/17 at 6:52pmpost #59712 of 604693/19/17 at 7:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jackstraw001
New to me project car, somewhat thrifted (from Craigslist) and almost entirely thrift-funded. 1978 Mercedes 300 CD coupe 5 cylinder diesel, 2 owner, 117k miles. Needs some work but should be fun. A little (lot) bit slower than a @SpooPoker Ferrari or Maserati but suits me fine!
With the right hands on that car? it could be jaw-dropping. gorgeous buy.
looks like it needs tires, a 2-step polish with a wax coat, and then a thorough detail.
Damn, Spoo with the heat.Quote:
That Adidas, Dior Cap, and driving an old Benz? =Stylin'
that's some serious real estate.post #59713 of 604693/19/17 at 7:10pmpost #59714 of 604693/19/17 at 7:14pmpost #59715 of 604693/19/17 at 7:26pmProbably not a thriftening by some of your standards but lately, it's been a CM wasteland in my town and this is the most great CM stuff I've found at one time to date. I took the best stuff and left as much behind. Tons of dated Zegna and BB ties that were priced more than every single one of the ones I bought. Average PPU: $6.29 (not including the smoking jacket. Paid up for that but wasn't leaving it behind)
Normally passing on Hugo Boss but in the words of Frenchy: "look at this thing."Peak lapel velvet smoking jacket with giant paisley print
JCrew ludlow jacket
One of them there pleated Ricci joints that all the kids love
One for @fueco
These were probably my favorite find today and I am kinda gutted they are 1 size too big for me.
Edit:These shoes actually presented me with a thrift ethical quandary: I walked up to the register and saw one of the shoes sitting on the floor out in the middle of the aisle. I picked it up and looked around and saw a seemingly unattended shopping cart and the mate was in the cart, along with some other stuff. I scanned the store and looked for anyone that looked like they may have just walked away for a moment or something like that but there was no one. And why was one on the floor? I waited an appropriate amount of time (30 sec or so) then I grabbed the mate out the cart and bought 'em. Gave one last scan as I was leaving the store and the cart was still there, unattended. #gotcaughtslippin #WWYD?
Edited by Dirt - 3/19/17 at 7:38pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Tuxedo jacket with black jeans for cocktail setting: Yes or No? 7 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 20 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 26 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 29 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...