Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 1:41 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3137post #47041 of 5141810/14/16 at 10:18ampost #47042 of 5141810/14/16 at 10:24ampost #47043 of 5141810/14/16 at 10:28am
If this is what you refer to as older Zegna, you're in the wrong thread. This is easily within the last few years unless someone knows better. I still see this label at the rack.post #47044 of 5141810/14/16 at 10:33ampost #47045 of 5141810/14/16 at 10:35amQuote:
My mistake then, I thought the parallel to the belt line label had been around for longer. I buy all my dress clothes from thrift shops (because I'm a cheap bastard) so I don't have a good handle on what's current- I know the Disegno Esclusivo ones are quite old, so I assumed these were in the middle w/r/t age.post #47046 of 5141810/14/16 at 10:36ampost #47047 of 5141810/14/16 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by winny94
I understand there is a (huge) market on those jackets, what I'm trying to understand is why. There are so many vintage niches out there that with very little supply and there is no market, so it can't just be a the vintage aspect. Is it nostalgia, did some celebrity rock em on the red carpet, etc. What makes them so desirable?
all of the above.. who knows what drives people sometimes. Their father could have worn that specific colorway of footjoy's golfing before he died of a heart attack.post #47048 of 5141810/14/16 at 11:00ampost #47049 of 5141810/14/16 at 11:07ampost #47050 of 5141810/14/16 at 11:19ampost #47051 of 5141810/14/16 at 11:58amThe vintage Polo thing is very simple .
The inner youths couldn't afford that shit way back when but now that a lot of them have made some money (rappers etc) they are buying it to "even" a wrong etc.
And of course once celebrities started wearing it ,it created a market.
ie ,red moncler puffer by Drake.
Same thing drives the vintage toy market ,boom boxes etc.
Parents didn't wanna buy you something so now the forty something's can give a metaphorical fuck you to their parents or society or economical structure they do.
Plus everyone knows shit was made better back when.post #47052 of 5141810/14/16 at 12:00pmpost #47053 of 5141810/14/16 at 12:03pmI took a day off work today with the aim of doing some serious thrifting but it was hard going. This pittance was from visiting like a million shops. On the plus side I also had a great burger and got my haircut.
Wimmenz vintage Levi shirt made in Great Britain (70s? 80s? I don't usually buy ladies stuff but thought it might be 'the good kind')
J Crew Lambswool Green Jumper
TM Lewin Merino Jumper
Recent Daks Shirt
Brooks bros BD
Gino Ferrari leather tote bag (cheap and decent enough quality)
The North Face fleece jacket (seen a bit of use but a great beater for me. Either way this shit always sells well for me)
Sorry for the horrible pictures but I'm prioritising drinking beer. Happy Friday gang.post #47054 of 5141810/14/16 at 12:27pmpost #47055 of 5141810/14/16 at 12:35pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 6 seconds ago
- › Eidos "Donegal" Nailhead Wool Field Jacket 36R 8 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 17 seconds ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 25 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 37 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 54 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...