Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 1:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3126post #46877 of 5796510/11/16 at 6:06pm
Yeah, serious. And I know it's a sort of avant garde designer so I didn't know if this was fucking ugly in a good way or a bad way.
@Cj52racers thanks, bro
Edited by Dirt - 10/11/16 at 6:32pmpost #46878 of 5796510/11/16 at 6:15pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Darkadious
i'd be more impressed if you gave the time you spent finding the stuff you do.
your PPU is already ridiculous, but i imagine your thrift times are even more absurd. you find stuff that would take most of us weeks, months, even years to find.
do you comb through the whole store or just look at what catches your eye?
how fast can you comb a whole store if you feel like it?
Im in each store 30m, 45m Max. I go so often, I dont need to really spend much time rehashing previously seen stuff. If the first 2-3 categories I check are bare, im out in 15m and on to the next.
Estate sales, a little longer as theres lots more to go through most times, maybe 1h or so, but if its a great one, 2 hours.post #46879 of 5796510/11/16 at 6:15pmpost #46880 of 5796510/11/16 at 6:41pmpost #46881 of 5796510/11/16 at 6:50pmThread Starterpost #46882 of 5796510/11/16 at 6:50pmQuote:
THAT...is a really old Lanvin piece. Unlined / self-tipped, hence the flimsy feel, and they sew the edge to keep it from fraying. Doubt it was faked back whenever when they used that tag. I've only seen it once (usually see the "LLL" tag, or less frequently the more desirable "woman & child" tag). Has to be diffusion IMO.post #46883 of 5796510/11/16 at 7:13pmpost #46884 of 5796510/11/16 at 7:24pmpost #46885 of 5796510/11/16 at 7:53pm
The stuff I find is never simple or what I'm looking for ... but sure is interesting. There was a 'simple' HSM older beige herringbone tweed suit which I grabbed, but most is new to me...
Woolrich red plaid,heavy wool pants. I'm pretty sure this is some of the Woolrich we're looking for.
Chrysalis, Made in England. Nice heavy wool coat and liner, with a waterproof membrane in between. Never heard of it before today. About the size of a peacoat.
A Zegna women's shirt (darts) and a Vineyard Vines Fishbones belt ...
And how this was still on the rack within blocks of two major universities and with 100,000+ students within 5 miles, i don't know.post #46886 of 5796510/11/16 at 8:03pmpost #46887 of 5796510/11/16 at 8:15pmpost #46888 of 5796510/11/16 at 8:19pmpost #46889 of 5796510/11/16 at 8:31pmpost #46890 of 5796510/11/16 at 8:52pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › L.B.M.1911 Navy Blazer 36/46 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › PRICE DROP - NEW MTO Gaziano & Girling St James UK9.5 MH71 'F'... 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 11 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...