I'm on first name basis with almost the whole staff, they were pretty sure that was all of them, they said there were a few boxes left but didn't think they were heavy enough to have books. It was a subscription service in the 70's to get the books, I guess someone just stopped subscribing. 48 books = 4 year subscription. But yes, I camp that store hard.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 6:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3117post #46741 of 6010410/9/16 at 10:22amQuote:post #46742 of 6010410/9/16 at 10:27ampost #46743 of 6010410/9/16 at 10:32amQuote:
Holy shit. That is beyond a fucking epic thrift find Howe puch did thety run you for all dem Books?post #46744 of 6010410/9/16 at 10:39ampost #46745 of 6010410/9/16 at 11:30ampost #46746 of 6010410/9/16 at 11:34amThread Starterpost #46747 of 6010410/9/16 at 11:45amQuote:Originally Posted by jazerad
I haven't posted pictures in a while as i haven't found anything of note until this weekend.
Details (Click to show)
All thrift price except for the pure cashmere Kitons Which were 20 & 25 respectivly
In what world is $20 for a pure kiton not qualify for thrift prices?!? Awesome finds man!post #46748 of 6010410/9/16 at 11:50ampost #46749 of 6010410/9/16 at 11:58amQuote:
Thanx man. I was just using it as a disclaimer. When I first started using this thread as a resource there was much hubub about a member who bought items at a consignment store and posted them here (if I recall correctly it was frowned upon), I am not sure what the end result was but it seems as if people were upset so I posted the prices to prevent that sort of thing.post #46750 of 6010410/9/16 at 12:08pm
Just can't compete. Gave up half way through my route Saturday with a car full of fodder. Good stuff, but been awhile since GREAT stuff. Going to stop for a few months to concentrate on work.
Started out with some minty Aldens at a store where I dump my donate pile, because I rarely actually thrift there, yet all my recent shell Aldens have come from there. It's a mystery.
Thrift price POP for me. wmmnz though and needs some love.
POP on thrifting AG, and another super nice messenger.
Thought these were tagged from a resale shop, but they're actually new from an online retailer.
rarely pop on Lanvin, but these are super nice camelhair and don't show their age.
Really nice silver fox, cool story on the "Fromm" fox farm.
Eddie bauer USA made
New J. Crew Jogger that I'm about 20 years too old to pull off.
Campo Marzio 9 is a custom shirt maker, it's a very athletic fit 16
Current tag EZ and nice RLPL cotton herringbone sweaterpost #46751 of 6010410/9/16 at 12:38pmpost #46752 of 6010410/9/16 at 12:42pmHard to follow up the recent posts in here...
Some of you may remember that I expressed interest in an LV keepall/weekender a little while back - @the2ndhandman reached out and said he had one that needed a zipper repair, that he was willing to send me with an IOU as a trade! I was blown away by the trust he put in sending me this as an IOU - it's a clear indication of the wonderful Styleforum community we're all a part of. @the2ndhandman, a sincere thank you for sending this my way!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Any of the locals have a suggestion for where to get the zipper repaired besides LV?post #46753 of 6010410/9/16 at 12:48pmpost #46754 of 6010410/9/16 at 1:06pmpost #46755 of 6010410/9/16 at 1:09pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Consolidation - fatherhood used dress shoe clearout - JL, Maftei,... 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 24 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 25 minutes ago
- › CROCKETT AND JONES CHADWICK EXPRESSO CALF SUEDE UK11/US12 31 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 42 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 44 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 52 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 52 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...