or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3114

post #46696 of 51165
Thread Starter 
some real low key wins on the flight jackets the last few pages... thats one thing I hardly ever find. Nice job.
post #46697 of 51165
@TheNeedMachine

Synergy on the Hartmann, I found two larger sized suitcases of similar vintage. Don't know if they're desired or not but I thought they were badass so picked them up for personal use. Didn't even realize they don't have wheels so if/when I use them it'll be an arm workout, haha.
post #46698 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Its weird, Ive never seen that big of a size on a jacket but that would make it, what a 90 US? But its not that big on me, probably fits like a 44.

Sizing is probably in centimetres.
post #46699 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by carreragt7 View Post

@TheNeedMachine

Synergy on the Hartmann, I found two larger sized suitcases of similar vintage. Don't know if they're desired or not but I thought they were badass so picked them up for personal use. Didn't even realize they don't have wheels so if/when I use them it'll be an arm workout, haha.

I dig them for decorative value, plus when cheap I can't seem to pass them up.
post #46700 of 51165
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboowwyy View Post

Sizing is probably in centimetres.

Have you ever seen that on any non-English brand?
post #46701 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Have you ever seen that on any non-English brand?

I've never seen that kind of sizing on tailored clothing, but I've seen it plenty of times on militaria/workwear from Europe. It doesn't seem so far out of the realm of possibilities.

Operator error at the factory? Ha
post #46702 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Have you ever seen that on any non-English brand?

I've occasionally seen it as european sizing, so this would have been a 51? I know I saw a 98 on something I picked up recently.
post #46703 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwarebandit View Post

I've occasionally seen it as european sizing, so this would have been a 51? I know I saw a 98 on something I picked up recently.
I've had a canali tagged a 98. It was a 38 had Japanese store tags on it. Maybe its the market to where it will be sold.
post #46704 of 51165
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftofthedial View Post

I've never seen that kind of sizing on tailored clothing, but I've seen it plenty of times on militaria/workwear from Europe. It doesn't seem so far out of the realm of possibilities.

Operator error at the factory? Ha

Its gonna be a fun one to list as tagged size only.
post #46705 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2ndhandman View Post

I've had a canali tagged a 98. It was a 38 had Japanese store tags on it. Maybe its the market to where it will be sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Have you ever seen that on any non-English brand?

I have a recent Zegna suit that was made for China, it's tagged as a 54 but has another tag stapled to it listing the size as 185/104A.
Plenty of Australian brands still list the size in cm
post #46706 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Madova peccary gloves are mine. Shearling is dope though, never saw one of those.


Yeah, I want those gray peccary gloves hard. And the ancient madder robe too.

Now what were you saying about the BBBF fitting you except being too short in the arms?
post #46707 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Its gonna be a fun one to list as tagged size only.


Ever tempted to have a size tag "mysteriously vanish" before listing?

post #46708 of 51165

One day there will be a trivia question about this man in a random bar and I will know it. I wish I wouldn't.....I know some of you can relate.... @kbadgley84

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

post #46709 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhz5001 View Post

One day there will be a trivia question about this man in a random bar and I will know it. I wish I wouldn't.....I know some of you can relate.... @kbadgley84


Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

Oddly, his cards never show up in my saved searches...
post #46710 of 51165
E thrifts came in
Tom ford, mint condition

Loro Piana
This thing is unbelievably soft


$60 well spent

Regular thrift
Valentino
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)