or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3099

post #46471 of 51095
A Brunello Cucinelli leather jacket, a Tom Ford Onyx ring and and a Cartier pen...

I'm done. I quit. Fuck diz.

(UK is so bad for thrifting) wink.gif
post #46472 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplelabel View Post

A Brunello Cucinelli leather jacket, a Tom Ford Onyx ring and and a Cartier pen...

I'm done. I quit. Fuck diz.

(UK is so bad for thrifting) wink.gif

I hear you. I'm excited when I find a Brooks Brother suit.
post #46473 of 51095
We already have 21 people signed up for the gift exchange! I've confirmed everyone from whom I've received a PM and sent out the PayPal address for donations. Thanks to everyone that has gotten me their address and already followed through with their donation!

Remember, the cut-off date for new signups is Thursday, October 13! I'm 6 hours ahead of the east coast, so if you want to register, don't wait until the last moment!

I won't be responding to PMs on my phone, so there may be a delay in my response, but don't worry!

If you're hesitating because of fear that your area doesn't produce a lot, don't worry about it. You can always grab cheap used menswear books from Amazon/eBay, order some nice shoe polish from one of the affiliate vendors, or even put together a shoe care package. Ethrifting is the new black, so no matter where you are, you can dig through Linda's Stuff to find a gem.
post #46474 of 51095
Don't sell through EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING, it sucks!

There, I feel better.
post #46475 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees View Post

Don't sell through EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING, it sucks!

There, I feel better.

 

What's the problem? I've sold probably 100 items through GSP and haven't had any issues.

post #46476 of 51095
Buyer says he didn't receive the item. Ebay is holding payment for up to 15 days while they "research" it.
I offered my tracking number to them to show it was delivered to Ebay hub, doesn't matter. Will take at least
7 days to resolve I was told.
post #46477 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees View Post

Buyer says he didn't receive the item. Ebay is holding payment for up to 15 days while they "research" it.
I offered my tracking number to them to show it was delivered to Ebay hub, doesn't matter. Will take at least
7 days to resolve I was told.

 

Have you only called once? I'd try to call back to speak to a more reasonable person. Once you ship the item it's no longer your concern, really, since ebay is the one shipping it internationally.

post #46478 of 51095
Will give it another shot, though I spoke to 2 people there this morning.
Still sucks. smile.gif
post #46479 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl5yankees View Post

Don't sell through EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING, it sucks!

There, I feel better.

As a buyer, Amen.

 

Anything above $20 CAD, it essentially doubles the price of the items and doubles the shipping time

post #46480 of 51095
Turns out luck didn't follow my Isaia find but if anyone needs a striped Zegna orphan have I got a deal for you

post #46481 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle View Post



Everything works, just needs a little clean up.


wtffffffff

post #46482 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruce Moose View Post

As a buyer, Amen.

Anything above $20 CAD, it essentially doubles the price of the items and doubles the shipping time


Agree agree agree. Hate that bs.
post #46483 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorker View Post


wtffffffff

That's amazing. Definately a grail for me
post #46484 of 51095
Here's the thing about eBay and PayPal.if someone wants to fuck you they will.no matter what and how much proof you have.all he has to do is call their credit card and say I did not authorize this.
They will do a charge back no questions asked because cc company s aren't in the business of accusing their customers of fraud.
Then PayPal will gently ease into you and fuck you.they will stick you with the charge back.ALWAYS.
Once in a while you just gotta eat that shit sandwich .
Even if you win the case and they side with you after the dispute all he or she has to do is call their cc and boom.
post #46485 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post

Here's the thing about eBay and PayPal.if someone wants to fuck you they will.no matter what and how much proof you have.all he has to do is call their credit card and say I did not authorize this.
They will do a charge back no questions asked because cc company s aren't in the business of accusing their customers of fraud.
Then PayPal will gently ease into you and fuck you.they will stick you with the charge back.ALWAYS.
Once in a while you just gotta eat that shit sandwich .
Even if you win the case and they side with you after the dispute all he or she has to do is call their cc and boom.


Ive had customers chargeback and paypal ate the costs and protected me because i followed the seller rules.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)