or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3095

post #46411 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post

How about the gold ones shit too?

See if you can Google search the reference number on the tag of the Gold Dunks. Those new are worth a few hundred, so probably a few bucks used, however odds of being real, I have no clue.

post #46412 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkadious View Post


all silicone, baby.


yeah i know what the pam reference is thx 

 

just curious what he sees with those jordans. no worries, tho - i'll pick it up. osmotically. 

post #46413 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkadious View Post


The next step would be to grab an older DSLR body for $3-400 and drop another $80-120 on a lens. But really the SE will have very comparable pictures for eBay.

I'm sorry to say that this is bad advice. Lenses depreciate in value a lot less than camera bodies, and will do most of the heavy lifting for your images to look professional. That is to say, a lens that is taken care of will still be a good lens some time from now, meaning you would lose less money in the future if you sell all the photography gear.

There is some technical reasoning for this, so to keep it short, I'll just say PM people for this extra information.

In my experience, a decent wide angle lens 35 or less will do the trick. Especially if you shoot in really close quarters and can't back up. Older entry level DSLRs are perfect for the task because they're cheap, and you will be shooting low resolution photography anyway to stay within the eBay limits of image size. I have found exposure compensation to be immensely useful to tweaking exposure to accurately reflect color (there are brief guides on YouTube as to how to use this feature). This way your navy suit won't look charcoal or black, etc.

Another question would be whether you would ever use this camera for anything else, because if not, it's harder to make a case for a DSLR.

Im a hobbyist photographer, and I will concede that I don't spend as much time crafting beautiful eBay photography that some of the other members here. But I think you'd be making a mistake spending four hundred on a DSLR and one hundred on a lens.
post #46414 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post


pls explain?

Reference Tag is fake and neon green hologram is way off center and the 23 hologram is wrinkled.

Legit reference tag:
post #46415 of 54698

The bottom soles of those seem pretty crudely shaped and cut to me... the red parts. Look how the edges are a bit dodgy. Also the inner web / spanning parts seem to be white or black on others, whereas its red on yours. Also notice the yellow Jordan logo... no black border around it on the ones below. Yours have that gap/border.

 

Couple pics of others:

 

 

 

Not an expert on Jordans, nor do I know if these photos are of actual legit pieces... but they're worth comparing to those.

post #46416 of 54698
Probably a sign I should keep going tonight right?

post #46417 of 54698

Damn, I had them jumpoffs in the red colorway back in the day...guess my Jordan game isn't on point like it used to be.

post #46418 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikethelights View Post

Probably a sign I should keep going tonight right?

 

:drool: :lurk:  :drool:

post #46419 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle View Post

I'm sorry to say that this is bad advice. Lenses depreciate in value a lot less than camera bodies, and will do most of the heavy lifting for your images to look professional. That is to say, a lens that is taken care of will still be a good lens some time from now, meaning you would lose less money in the future if you sell all the photography gear.

There is some technical reasoning for this, so to keep it short, I'll just say PM people for this extra information.

In my experience, a decent wide angle lens 35 or less will do the trick. Especially if you shoot in really close quarters and can't back up. Older entry level DSLRs are perfect for the task because they're cheap, and you will be shooting low resolution photography anyway to stay within the eBay limits of image size. I have found exposure compensation to be immensely useful to tweaking exposure to accurately reflect color (there are brief guides on YouTube as to how to use this feature). This way your navy suit won't look charcoal or black, etc.

Another question would be whether you would ever use this camera for anything else, because if not, it's harder to make a case for a DSLR.

Im a hobbyist photographer, and I will concede that I don't spend as much time crafting beautiful eBay photography that some of the other members here. But I think you'd be making a mistake spending four hundred on a DSLR and one hundred on a lens.

Id disagree with this. I only know canon tech but all of their budget $100-$130 lenses will do more than enough for what needs to be done for eBay purposes. Definitely don't need to drop $300+ and even the budget ones only depreciate by 20-30 dollars.

you can't really say a 35mm lens is appropriate without taking into account of the camera and shooting location. If you're using a crop sensor camera, which most budget camera bodies are, a 35mm lens can be a little too close quarters for a good amount of people depending on the size of their shooting location., which I imagine for most is a small room.

I'm not really sure what you disagree with (aside the lens) because you say budget DSLRs are perfect for this which is essentially what I said.

Lenses definitely do a lot of driving for the camera, but the camera has to be able to take advantage of the lens, too.
Edited by Darkadious - 10/5/16 at 4:21pm
post #46420 of 54698
Finally something worth a shit at Ross. My size too

post #46421 of 54698

^ Dat gray microfiber fleece throw blanket doe

post #46422 of 54698
Saks 5th Zegna cloth... Would be just for personal use. Is this a blue blazer? Or is this orphan jacket? Tag doesn't say that I can tell?



post #46423 of 54698

Thanks guys.

post #46424 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letric View Post

^ Dat gray microfiber fleece throw blanket doe
That's the cover on to of my kids car seat lol
post #46425 of 54698
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post

Saks 5th Zegna cloth... Would be just for personal use. Is this a blue blazer? Or is this orphan jacket? Tag doesn't say that I can tell?

 

I'd say suit jacket based on style and the buttons being dark and having 4 on the sleeve. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)