I'm not up on today's hip lingo, but that feels a little "meta" to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 6:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3088post #46307 of 5105910/4/16 at 8:21pmpost #46308 of 5105910/4/16 at 8:23pmpost #46309 of 5105910/4/16 at 8:23pmpost #46310 of 5105910/4/16 at 8:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by My Main Man
Is that not nationwide? Sundays and Mondays both are 50% a certain color tag and then they all drop to $1.99 that Tuesday. There's rarely anything worth grabbing anymore. A few years ago I grabbed 4-5 BB tweeds for $1.99/ea. Lately I might take a chance on 1-2 things a month because it's all crap. That plus every GW is a frickin madhouse that day.
Goodwill's operate regionally, not nationally. Here, it's Goodwill of North Georgia, and most (if not all) of them adhere to the same pricing structure, same colors on sale during a given week, etc. We do not have a $1.99 day, but we do have the 50% off color of the week like everyone else. I think we have 5 colors, maybe 6...so every 5 (or 6) weeks a new color goes on sale at 50% off. Ties are $2.92, sport coats are $6.96, shirts are $5.75, shoes and pants are $5.95, jeans are $7.47, ball caps are $1.91...I forget how much suits are because they usually end up being separated and I rarely bother trying to reunite unless it's something potentially awesome.
Some, but not most, of the stores also have special price items. Depending on the store, they price things up...for example, at the Buckhead store they price up all Lucky Brand, True Religion jeans etc, as well as stuff they deem "special" (which may or may not be), but at other more rural stores they might price up PRL and Hilfiger because that's the nicest stuff they get. Some have caught on to other labels, but not for the most part. So the Atlanta area has it pretty good insofar as GW pricing goes at the moment, compared to other areas I have shopped.
Pop over the state line into southern Tennessee, and the pricing structure is totally different. I shopped at GW in Chattanooga and the nastiest, most sand-papery, old suits were $24.99 and up.
The Goodwill Boutiques are another animal entirely. Only shopped the one in Las Vegas and it was a farking joke - old label, worn collar, pit stained Zenga shirts for $49...and so on.
The Bins - may or may not be one near you. Every thrifter has to visit at least once in their life, to see the dregs.
shopgoodwill - you may have a local inspection / pickup location for all of your participating regional stores (i.e.: when I lived in Portland, all of the Willamette stores had their auction items in the same place where you could inspect, pick up / return if needed).
Goodwill Onyx - if you have an AmEx Black card, you can access the site. I've bought several Kiton cashmere blazers there for $60 - $80, cashmere suits for around $125, etc. 30 day returns and it's all Kiton, Brioni, Brunello, Loro mainline, etc. I think they source most of it out of NY and LA.post #46311 of 5105910/4/16 at 9:18pmFound this Holt Renfrew paisley shroud collar bath robe? Playboy robe? I think... Lol.
For the price thought I'd take it. Didn't notice until after it has velcro inside near shoulders. Would this have a lining then? I was trying to look one up but can't find anything. I took a look to see if I missed spotting a liner piece but couldn't find anything.
Found my first Turnbull & Asser tie. Mostly picked it up as it was a first for me.post #46312 of 5105910/4/16 at 10:01pm
Too lazy to photograph. Must flaunt anyway:
Zegna 100% cashmere jacket
Bergdorf Goodman micro-wale corduroy pearl snap button shirt, made in Italy
Man, that micro-wale corduroy is the finest stuff I've ever touched. Beats ordinary corduroy hands down.
For myself? A bright yellow fleece jacket. Which one of my 17 yr old twins immediately glommed. This is why I can't have nice things.post #46313 of 5105910/4/16 at 10:03pmpost #46314 of 5105910/4/16 at 10:09pmpost #46315 of 5105910/4/16 at 10:11pmpost #46316 of 5105910/4/16 at 10:11pmpost #46317 of 5105910/4/16 at 10:24pm
Holy shit!!! I had an epiphany after last nights enlightenment and decided to go out and buy some shit and eventually sell it!! I think I'm off to a good start. Found some custom grade Church's, some Patagonia crap and a few Canali suits! The thrift GOD has shown me the light and I'm embarking on my Multi-Million Dollar Thrifting career! Thank you!!post #46318 of 5105910/4/16 at 10:29pmpost #46319 of 5105910/4/16 at 10:40pmpost #46320 of 5105910/4/16 at 10:40pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 16 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Belvest Overcoat 42/40 - Loro Piana 18 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › The 'Best Of' Friday Challenges 2016 26 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 42 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 43 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 44 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway