if it's the >10% rule, you hit gold.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 10:04 am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3057post #45842 of 599569/29/16 at 11:37ampost #45843 of 599569/29/16 at 11:41ampost #45844 of 599569/29/16 at 11:44amQuote:Originally Posted by namdaemun
I'm going to be 100% honest with you, do not trade this nor consign. Sell yourself.
A NWT Kiton Vicuna will fetch you thousands of dollars. It would not be in your favor to trade for something of way lesser value and/or have 60-70% of the amount go to a consignor. There are many great consignor's on here but that would be a huge amount of $ to leave on the table
There is some truth to your statement, but there are more factors to consider. Yes, by not using a "great" consignor, you are able to keep all of the money. However, by not using a great consignor, you lose a lot of benefits.
A. Most consignors offer professional-quality photos to truly showcase the beauty of your item.
B. EXPOSURE! Most of the consignors on this forum have hundreds or thousands of dedicated (sometimes rabid) followers.
C. Effortless money. Your time is valuable. Consignors handle all of the tedious shipping, insurance, and follow-up issues.post #45845 of 599569/29/16 at 11:53ampost #45846 of 599569/29/16 at 12:23pmRegarding using a consignor for ONE item, the real question is: Does one feel they could make more profit selling independently, or would the exposure/rapport a consignor has boost the sale price enough to compensate for the consignor's cut.
With the item in question, it is possible a consignor would be worth it, especially if the current owner does not have an established reputation on other sales outlets. (This coming from some one that does not sell consignment for others, so a neutral party)post #45847 of 599569/29/16 at 12:50pmpost #45848 of 599569/29/16 at 1:25pmQuote:
Found this vintage Charvet the other day which was a fun pop for me. I thought it was hideous and would never sell but it went straight away for a BIN of £15. Is that too cheap or something? I'm happy with that profit but can't help feeling I need an education. Should I have plumped for more £$€¥?post #45849 of 599569/29/16 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebuddahman
Found this vintage Charvet the other day which was a fun pop for me. I thought it was hideous and would never sell but it went straight away for a BIN of £15. Is that too cheap or something? I'm happy with that profit but can't help feeling I need an education. Should I have plumped for more £$€¥?
Don't know about the resale, but that is a nice tie.post #45850 of 599569/29/16 at 2:15pmScooped this Canali tie up for myself. Looks legit to me. Nice wool one.
Left a couple Armanis and a Zegna as they just seemed meh.
The Zegna tie could have been fake too. It had material tag in proper place on tail, but...
Shouldn't Zegna ties have a thicker stitch like this Canali does, on the backside to hold the folds together? I steer away from ties where the stitch seems really thin.post #45851 of 599569/29/16 at 2:21pmpost #45852 of 599569/29/16 at 2:54pmpost #45853 of 599569/29/16 at 3:05pmpost #45854 of 599569/29/16 at 3:05pm
PSA Update on Round Two Website
I bought a sweater with some undisclosed holes. I emailed them and received a reply a couple days later. They resolved with a partial refund. I think I would buy from them again. They seem to take care of any issues if they arise regardless of the final sale terms.post #45855 of 599569/29/16 at 3:32pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Weight Loss/Weight training advise 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 8 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 8 minutes ago
- › B+M Alden Color 8 Shell Cordovan Plaza Last Straight Tip Boots Size 9C 9 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...