Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3055

post #45811 of 57794

 

Crappy pic (crappy phone really), but will take more and post more details once I collect it. 

post #45812 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post


Hmmmm in Markham you say?
That's only a 15 min drive from me.
Thrifted?

BK you gotta get it quick.

 

Frenchy is everywhere.

post #45813 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

H&S is and always has been exclusively a fabric maker based on the Row -- I assume, though I have no basis for this other than logic, to take advantage of location and service the bespoke houses. They've never offered any garmentry or tailoring services, ever.
In the USA, the most common maker bearing H&S badging is Tom James.

 

Ah, damn. I'll find the real stuff eventually. Thanks for the knowledge.

post #45814 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post
 

BK you gotta get it quick.

 

Frenchy is everywhere.

 

Bro I'm alllll over it. Lol. That and I gotta pick them pants up too.

post #45815 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerkong View Post




Crappy pic (crappy phone really), but will take more and post more details once I collect it. 

Who the hell donates this stuff!?
post #45816 of 57794
i've always liked fur and fur-like appearances but never really considered wearing it personally.

K1WEA7Ql.jpg

this thing has insane presence to it. it just flows with you and empowers you when you walk.

wore it home because why the hell not (i walked) - got a couple of compliments! this older guy said this to me with a hint of awe, excitement and anger "i REALLY like your jacket..." with a scared smile. like he was upset with himself about how much he enjoyed it and that it wasn't his. made my night.

0cdMd9Nl.jpg
yzJyVJJl.jpg
qtXDvT8l.jpg

i usually see coats like these go for 30-75 regardless of quality. the tag caught me by surprise.
xmcknHGl.jpg

side not: i HATE finding coats/jackets because i always want to keep them. it doesn't help that it's almost constantly 80-100 degrees where i live. damn. talk about problems.
post #45817 of 57794
Some stuffs. Mostly available before going to bay, if you're interested for some weird reason.

Oldest TNF I've found


Most Polo-ish Chaps I've found

I wish this fit me. Montana was the MJ of football for me, as a kid. I've had the pleasure of meeting him several times, as he lived near my hometown. He used to come into this outdoor shop I worked in through high school and woul always crack mad dad jokes. Cool to find a piece from his time in KC.


Jil Sander x Uniqlo for the chicas

Iconic

post #45818 of 57794
Correction on my part with regard to the Kiton I posted a couple pages back. I missed the folders as they were higher up.

post #45819 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman1231 View Post

Fit pic for some marketing material for my brother and my financial planning business.
Me -all true thrift
Suit zegna trofeo
Shirt Burberry London cuff
Tie Brioni

Brother all thrift except jacket from spoo!!
Sc 100% Brioni cash
Shirt Eton
Tie Italo

It's always just so empowering knowing you look as nice as anyone ever in a room if not better often times and that you got yours at thrift stores!!! #thriftlife

You boys are doing it right.icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post

Kinda cool...Alpha.




That style of jacket, that color. Is THE item right now. The rockstar games link adds value for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkadious View Post

i've always liked fur and fur-like appearances but never really considered wearing it personally.

K1WEA7Ql.jpg

this thing has insane presence to it. it just flows with you and empowers you when you walk.


xmcknHGl.jpg
.

Bawss.
post #45820 of 57794
As long as we're posting our Savile Row finds, does this count?



Gieves and Hawkes khakis, my size so what the heck.

#notinSpoosZipCode
post #45821 of 57794
Now I can't decide whether I like or loathe this cut n sew 'lo.



Edited by Purplelabel - 9/29/16 at 6:45am
post #45822 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post


H&S is and always has been exclusively a fabric maker based on the Row -- I assume, though I have no basis for this other than logic, to take advantage of location and service the bespoke houses. They've never offered any garmentry or tailoring services, ever.
In the USA, the most common maker bearing H&S badging is Tom James.

I investigated this once when I grabbed my first 'Savile Row' find, and @GMMcL is right on. Moreover, Tom James corporate actually owns Holland and Sherry now, (as well as Oxxford.) I've seen some great stuff from them, but the Tom James name is a real dud for resale.
post #45823 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelGuy View Post

As long as we're posting our Savile Row finds, does this count?



Gieves and Hawkes khakis, my size so what the heck.

#notinSpoosZipCode

I'm guessing not. Where were they made? I've never seen Savile Row G&H use black care tags like that.
post #45824 of 57794
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelGuy View Post

As long as we're posting our Savile Row finds, does this count?



Gieves and Hawkes khakis, my size so what the heck.

#notinSpoosZipCode

They're run of the mill, probably made in Morocco or Portugal maybe? Not the Gieves & Hawkes bespoke.

Even then, due to the company making RTW clothing in other countries, it's washed out the once great name of Gieves & Hawkes.
Hardy Amies have done this too.

Huntsman, Henry Poole, Anderson & Sheppard, Norton & Sons and Dege & Skinner are a few proper Savile Row companies worth giving a shit about.
post #45825 of 57794
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)