or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3050

post #45736 of 51485

Still on website 

 

 

Didn't somebody just find the exact same one?

 

Self-explanatory

 

.99 sure why not

 

Question on this one since care tag is gone.

Is this legit and why is it so small.

Comparison shot with above which is just a regular sized PS.

I picked it up since it was from the same owner as above and the roll was consistent with the Mazz.

What you guys think legit?

Easy money...

 

And couldn't leave this ....

 

I obviously have too much free time...

post #45737 of 51485
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post
 

Still on website 

 

 

Didn't somebody just find the exact same one?

 

Self-explanatory

 

.99 sure why not

 

Question on this one since care tag is gone.

Is this legit and why is it so small.

Comparison shot with above which is just a regular sized PS.

I picked it up since it was from the same owner as above and the roll was consistent with the Mazz.

What you guys think legit?

Easy money...

 

And couldn't leave this ....

 

I obviously have too much free time...

 

@impuntura Pretty sure that skull will bump sales up by 15%, good pick up.

post #45738 of 51485

About 98% sure this is attolini. soft as buttah. Whole thing hand sewn, really a thing of beauty. 

 

 

 

 

post #45739 of 51485
Thread Starter 
^ 100% Attolini.

Frenchy I want that skull dude
post #45740 of 51485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorker View Post
 

About 98% sure this is attolini. soft as buttah. Whole thing hand sewn, really a thing of beauty. 

 

now that's how you line a jacket. a very sweet piece indeed.

post #45741 of 51485
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

^ 100% Attolini.

Frenchy I want that skull dude



(Had to be done.)

@Yorker

That coat is a thing of beauty.
post #45742 of 51485
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirtsnmor View Post

Drove into San Diego today straight to a thrift store. This is going to be a good week.


I'd be real curious to know where that turned up. Never seen Savile Row anything here.

Awesome to see that, but makes me miss thrifting. In my sixth week of law school and finding time to thrift is no longer possible. Unfortunately I've been forced to bow out.
post #45743 of 51485

But what about the Chanel PS ....lol.

Real or not.

post #45744 of 51485
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post

But what about the Chanel PS ....lol.
Real or not.

it looks good from here, but i wouldn't feel comfortable personally listing it as such (only because they are extreme ball breakers about that kind of thing)
post #45745 of 51485
here's the rest of my haul






sulka, may keep



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
legit? will probably keep



dope ez plaid





better pictures of the jcrew coat


may keep this. it's rare for me to find a fitting ez shirt



(fav picture of the haul)






may keep this


i leave polo shirts behind 99% of the time, but this one was a big one






prob keep


fits like a 12, may keep


post #45746 of 51485

Are we posting Savile Row tonight? Because I happen to have found my first ever piece today.

 

 

Also found something from up the road on Jeremyn Street. Can't be the same donor though- the pants are (via eyeball) about 36x32.

 

 

That was the first store I hit. I passed on a pair of AE Maxfields that had a bit of wear and had started to unravel where the bridge of the loafer is tied down with a thin leather strip. At my second store, I found a pair of Maxfields in much better condition. Snagged them, bring them home, and what do I see...

 

 

:fu::fu::fu:

 

I could find the receipt, though, which is a rarity for me. At the second store I also found a pair of Agave jeans, my size. I'm slowly cleaning the Target and Express jeans out of my wardrobe and replacing them with midlevel stuff like that. Still yet to see a pair of Isaia or EZ jeans in any size, though.

 

post #45747 of 51485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Crowd View Post

Are we posting Savile Row tonight? Because I happen to have found my first ever piece today.




Good stuff!
Check in the pockets and cuffs of those trousers for other maker tags. I just say that because I found a similar pair, and found "Tom James" labels in the fabric that protects the back of the cuffs. Turns out H&S provide a ton of different fabrics for Tom James. I ended up flipping them on the Bay, not for big money, but enough to make it worthwhile.
post #45748 of 51485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain View Post

Good stuff!
Check in the pockets and cuffs of those trousers for other maker tags. I just say that because I found a similar pair, and found "Tom James" labels in the fabric that protects the back of the cuffs. Turns out H&S provide a ton of different fabrics for Tom James. I ended up flipping them on the Bay, not for big money, but enough to make it worthwhile.

And if that TM was made post 2006, its a Vietnam or Chinese made piece
post #45749 of 51485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain View Post


Good stuff!
Check in the pockets and cuffs of those trousers for other maker tags. I just say that because I found a similar pair, and found "Tom James" labels in the fabric that protects the back of the cuffs. Turns out H&S provide a ton of different fabrics for Tom James. I ended up flipping them on the Bay, not for big money, but enough to make it worthwhile.


No cuffs- these are nice modern flat fronts. Only tag in the back pocket was this:

 

 

 

I think they're the real deal. Same guy also donated a couple bespoke suits that had clear markings differentiating the fabric provider (which was not H&S) from the suitmaker. I didn't pick them up because the manufacturer was some local shop I didn't recognize, but they were similarly nice and modern, fully canvassed, two-button, flat front, working cuffs, double vented, one plain navy and one plain charcoal- shame the guy was shorter and wider or I would have picked them up for personal use. Wouldn't surprise me if a guy who would spring for those would also be willing to cough up for the real deal. Of course, I could be totally wrong- as I said in my first post, this is my first time dealing with anything even tangentially related to the Row.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny94 View Post


And if that TM was made post 2006, its a Vietnam or Chinese made piece

 

Tag under content tag does indeed say made in Vietnam. Perhaps I misspoke with "up the road"- the shirt isn't, but the company is. Or down the road or wherever Jeremyn Street is in relation to Savile Row. It's for personal use so it doesn't really matter to me, I'm more worried about whether any of my ties will go with it. You think you have too many ties, then you find a shirt like this...

post #45750 of 51485

Took it easy the past few days. Bunch of potentially average shit. Available if you want.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Deadstock without tags.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Canali's, Corn's and EZ's are all EU 60L's

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)