Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 11:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3048post #45707 of 599969/27/16 at 11:40amQuote:
If it is was 5 zip leather jacket then fly and get it or proxy for me.
Brianpore completed listing helped seal the deal.post #45708 of 599969/27/16 at 11:54ampost #45709 of 599969/27/16 at 11:54amQuote:
Looks like it's to take bearings and azimuths. I'm more of an engine room than deck watch guy but there's something sextant-like about it that makes me think you could maybe use it for celestial navigation too.post #45710 of 599969/27/16 at 11:59ampost #45711 of 599969/27/16 at 12:01pmpost #45712 of 599969/27/16 at 12:47pmpost #45713 of 599969/27/16 at 1:42pmpost #45714 of 599969/27/16 at 1:46pmpost #45715 of 599969/27/16 at 1:50pmpost #45716 of 599969/27/16 at 1:58pmpost #45717 of 599969/27/16 at 2:02pm
OK I did some more research and Reportage Giorgio Armani apparently isn't even a real Armani line- it's just a common type of fake Armani product. None of the ones I was able to find on Google image search had this particular butchery on the tag, so I'm now thinking this is a fake of a fake. I'll definitely post it to the fakes thread.post #45718 of 599969/27/16 at 2:09pmQuote:
haha, yeah. i saw you do that. thought it gave a way better perspective on the things that come in here. came back to thrifting to fund myself a new camera, actually! getting colors to be passable on a 4S is beyond annoying. still a pretty incredible camera for being so old and new.
where do you guys find the information regarding the names of different weaves/knits, patterns, styles? how do you guys know what suits or shoes were made for company x by company y? i'm having trouble finding this kind of information myself. i would love to learn!post #45719 of 599969/27/16 at 2:19pm
hard to find info... maybe 50s (?) coveralls. natural HBT! i won't say deadstock but for the lack of tags.
my dowsing rod always knows.
hot tip: if you find workwear say pre-70s, sniff around for "show-me" selvedge. it's not always in the outseam.
donuts (no tarnish whatsoever which is passing strange). a little research indicates KWB Mfg became Calco in the early 30s, so it's possible this is older than i think. but they're coveralls, so it don't really matter all that much...
also this.post #45720 of 599969/27/16 at 2:21pmThread Starter
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 9 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 26 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 53 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Question about Yoox sizing 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...