Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:51 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3027post #45391 of 603769/22/16 at 10:03pmpost #45392 of 603769/22/16 at 10:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by ChetB
A first for me. This thing is a beauty. No weird Oxxford lapels either.
Also happen to be wearing a thrifted Oxxford shirt! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great pattern, nice fit even. Love that. Glad I'm not the only one to thrift shop in a suit. (assuming you weren't just wearing a shirt and tie.)post #45393 of 603769/22/16 at 11:10pmQuote:
Nice to see someone notice that most of us actually buy stuff for ourselves.
-and that people are still offended when someone comments on the thread being more flip than thrift far too often.
ChetB's Awesome in store fit pic demonstrates what we are all about. Sure, he prolly grabbed a few extra's to offer to other members. Or kopped something too good to pass on regardless, and will flip that to cancel his own fit costs. Or even get infront. But all said and done? There's a guy in a thrift shop. Posting a fit he thrifted in the shop mirror. Looking dang good, on a budget.
#Thriftlife.post #45394 of 603769/22/16 at 11:15pmpost #45395 of 603769/22/16 at 11:20pmpost #45396 of 603769/23/16 at 12:03amSome crappy pics of some of the stuff found over the past couple weeks. Lots more fodder but I have no desire to take pics. I apologize for not spoilering anything.
Most of what I find (~90%) is for personal use with the other 10% funding this hobby.
PRL Corn sc, Emporia Armani Mr A Line sc (fits perfectly, not sure on this line in level of quality but I like it), various coats (J Crew, Nautica, Hilfiger, etc), Max Lunar 90s, Prestige 3 low, NB 993 (USA made), red wing 607 work boots, AE Hillcrest,Marty McFly Guess 1986 USA made, EZ camelskin belt, etc.
I can't decide if I like this pendant lamp. Seems MCM but not sure I like the chain holding it up, maybe replace with strong wire?
Edited by carreragt7 - 9/23/16 at 12:21ampost #45397 of 603769/23/16 at 3:17amQuote:
I feel like a lot of us do buy a lot for ourselves, but perhaps it's just not often photographed / shared? Time constraints prevent me from photographing most of my personal grail cops.post #45398 of 603769/23/16 at 3:37amQuote:
I've got too much myself... Trying to sell it down. But I have been getting things for the wife and daughter. But figured not worth posting. How many Patagonia Synchilla T-snaps does a high school junior need? I lost count around 10, she even took the one my size.post #45399 of 603769/23/16 at 4:06amQuote:Originally Posted by MJMcRibb
For the sports fans. Kendall was a catcher, so it really wouldn't make sense to put his name on infielder's glove, unless it was his. He retired with the Royals and still works them in some capacity. He lives about 5 miles or so from the store where I found this. Thoughts? Regardless, it's still probably a $100+ glove.
I don't know much, but gloves I can help with. Many MLB players have gloves made for other positions. Kendall was a very athletic catcher and did play a little outfield. If a player has a good relationship with the glove Rep, they often hook up the player with an extra 'shagging' glove. Your glove looks to be a Rawlings Pro Preferred infield size, so either Kendall was being prepared if his team needed him to fill at third, or he had it to play catch with his kids.post #45400 of 603769/23/16 at 6:08amQuote:Originally Posted by FENWAY
I don't know much, but gloves I can help with. Many MLB players have gloves made for other positions. Kendall was a very athletic catcher and did play a little outfield. If a player has a good relationship with the glove Rep, they often hook up the player with an extra 'shagging' glove. Your glove looks to be a Rawlings Pro Preferred infield size, so either Kendall was being prepared if his team needed him to fill at third, or he had it to play catch with his kids.
Kendall started 27 games in the outfield and I'm sure when he's warming up he doesn't use the catchers glove always...I'd have snagged it to add to my office collection of baseball memorabilia.post #45401 of 603769/23/16 at 6:37ampost #45402 of 603769/23/16 at 6:43ampost #45403 of 603769/23/16 at 6:48ampost #45404 of 603769/23/16 at 7:03ampost #45405 of 603769/23/16 at 9:20am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › WTB Alden rare cordovan in size 7.5-8.5 11 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 14 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 18 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 27 minutes ago
- › Warning: ZMA and Boners 27 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...