or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 3025

post #45361 of 51095
Whomever gets a box from me, will also receive a toy. Because Thriftmas. smile.gif
post #45362 of 51095
This morning I came across a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes that appeared to be CG.
The model name is Dundas 3 and they are a mid-brown colour.

On the sole they are stamped "Hand Curried Leather".

Are they worth buying to flip?
I'd normally snap up C&J, but these ones look CG and this store has recently jacked up all their prices. They're asking £40 for these shoes.

Also spotted a very nice Grieves and Hawkes double breasted overcoat there, so might be going back.
post #45363 of 51095
Get the Coat.
Edited by Thrift Vader - 9/22/16 at 3:39am
post #45364 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odradek View Post

This morning I came across a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes that appeared to be CG.
The model name is Dundas 3 and they are a mid-brown colour.

On the sole they are stamped "Hand Curried Leather".

Are they worth buying to flip?
I'd normally snap up C&J, but these ones look CG and this store has recently jacked up all their prices. They're asking £40 for these shoes.

Also spotted a very nice Grieves and Hawkes double breasted overcoat there, so might be going back.

£40 seems steep but I assume you've tried searching completed listings? Margins might be tight on that. Maybe it would be worth it if they are for personal use.
post #45365 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddahman View Post

£40 seems steep but I assume you've tried searching completed listings? Margins might be tight on that. Maybe it would be worth it if they are for personal use.

Yes.
Not my size and the profit would probably be minimal.
Not the most attractive shoes either.
post #45366 of 51095

PRL Made in Italy is a thing, right?

 

 

 

 

I usually skip Pink, but this was minty and "Superfine 2-fold 170s," thought worth a try

 

 

Filson pants in near-mint condition, despite having moved from West to East coast!

 

 

 

Finally, a really soft Scottish cashmere sweater-vest

 

post #45367 of 51095


post #45368 of 51095

These always get the adrenaline going:

 

 

Needs cleaning and has a few moth nibbles, but for $20 I'll take it. :sly: 

post #45369 of 51095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letric View Post

These always get the adrenaline going:




Needs cleaning and has a few moth nibbles, but for $20 I'll take it. sly.gif  

What size is it?
post #45370 of 51095

L 40. Not sure if available, it's a little big on me so not sure if keeping yet.

 

*I have another at home that's like a 42 and in the same condition, needs cleaning and hole repair. Think I may have them cleaned at the same time.

post #45371 of 51095
Had a tie threatening today .will post eventually but here's a sample .
post #45372 of 51095
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by impuntura View Post

Had a tie threatening today .

Those seem a little fey to me to threaten a big giant dude like you.
post #45373 of 51095
a little fey tie threatening....lets just go with it..
post #45374 of 51095
Ethrift from the weekend just came in- NWT flannel FSC suit at 15% rule. Fit is perfect just need to get the pants hemmed and sleeves finished.

Quick and dirty @SpooPoker impression -
Shirt is Ascot Chang for the Armoury true thrift.
Tie is a navy Zegna cashmere from @YellowHookTies not thrift.

post #45375 of 51095
@impuntura

That's a dope Polo piece.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)