or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2980

post #44686 of 51034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chambertin View Post
 

 

the Hennessy does'nt look super special at a quick glance.

:rotflmao:

post #44687 of 51034
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermidwester View Post

Okay, this is pretty wild...

Went for a bike ride tonight like usual because it's trash night. Went by one house with interesting looking boxes by the curb and peeked in... Holy crap. Immediately ride home, get car and proceed to load everything in.

Just unpacked it all. 28 unopened bottles of wine from between 1999-2008 and 14 unopened bottles of liquor and mixers.

I think some of it might be older, maybe rare?


I haven't had RY that old, but current RY is pretty goddamn awful. I mean, in college, bourbon (and beer) were about the only things I drank. So I know a thing or two about bad bourbon..........but that stuff was another level.
post #44688 of 51034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post

If any of you gents are located close to Kentucky? Can you shoot me a pm? I got a friend over there who could use a thrift sensei.
smile.gif

Where in KY? I'm no where near a expert but could send them in the right direction.

Also, going to drive up to Cincy for my first REI garage sale on the 1st. If anyone else is thinking of going hit me up!
post #44689 of 51034
Also, ran across this logo taking measurements earlier today, anything special or just some random limited line? PRL made in Italy tie.

post #44690 of 51034
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGetWeird View Post

In the field fellas, this guy a thing? No hits on completeds

What is it?!?
post #44691 of 51034
Okay, my guess is that most of what I got isn't rare or hugely valuable, but it was still a fun find. Here's some of the wine...







post #44692 of 51034
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermidwester View Post

Okay, my guess is that most of what I got isn't rare or hugely valuable, but it was still a fun find. Here's some of the wine...







 

Those are some nice daily drinking wines, around $15-25...and a very special bottle of Cognac. ;-)

post #44693 of 51034
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ1100 View Post

Where in KY? I'm no where near a expert but could send them in the right direction.

Also, going to drive up to Cincy for my first REI garage sale on the 1st. If anyone else is thinking of going hit me up!

Thanks man, She will hit you up soon. Just needs to get her local info and meet some cool people to hang with. The thrifting will be super useful to help her get started over there.
Appreciate it. fistbump.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermidwester View Post

Okay, my guess is that most of what I got isn't rare or hugely valuable, but it was still a fun find. Here's some of the wine...








Free booze is a win. #thriftlife.
post #44694 of 51034
Anyone an aficionado of this brand? Doesn't seem super old but can't seem to find the exact one online. Closest model I can find seem to be called "intensity" or classic. Has two wheels and collapsible handle. It's a small to medium sized garment bag in pretty good shape. No zipper issues or anything wrong I could find besides the normal scuffing to be expected from a trip through the airport.
$5? Why not. I looked for any other matching pieces but no luck.

Edited by carreragt7 - 9/11/16 at 10:44pm
post #44695 of 51034

 

What's with this KKK shit? Looks like the KKK cross. 

 

Is this flippable or something?

post #44696 of 51034
I don't think it's that logo of hate. But since it so easily could be mistaken for it, might as well burn it anyway. There may be a taboo memorabilia market, but I don't think eBay would allow it to be sold, but maybe. I searched KKK shirt and nothing came up.
Edited by carreragt7 - 9/11/16 at 11:46pm
post #44697 of 51034
Ive only found one other of these guys and that was really before I knew what it was so just throwing it up here....
post #44698 of 51034
Quote:
Originally Posted by timhortons View Post
 

 

What's with this KKK shit? Looks like the KKK cross. 

 

Is this flippable or something?


I don't know what that is but I was thinking white nationalism before I even saw what you wrote under it. I did some quick Googling and didn't find a match but apparently those groups change up their symbolism frequently as people catch on to what they mean. I wouldn't mess with that- I would just cut the patch off, trash it, and give the jacket back to Goodwill.

post #44699 of 51034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong Crowd View Post


I don't know what that is but I was thinking white nationalism before I even saw what you wrote under it. I did some quick Googling and didn't find a match but apparently those groups change up their symbolism frequently as people catch on to what they mean. I wouldn't mess with that- I would just cut the patch off, trash it, and give the jacket back to Goodwill.

Didn't make the connection/didn't think it was a patch that represented anything. Will definitely be removing the patch, my apologies all!
post #44700 of 51034
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClosetEvolution View Post

Any chance I can get a translation on this?
Thanks!

The WV means virgin wool, the date is nothing special, it's on a lot of italian clothing

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)