Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 10:06 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2964post #44446 of 545389/7/16 at 11:32pmpost #44447 of 545389/7/16 at 11:35pmThe site listings are regional afaik, the individual stores and warehouses skim off for the site. Of course great stuff makes it to the floor anyway but it could be that this spot is better at catching that stuff (they tore that strat apart after all). So it could be a mirage but ive seen very impressive pieces come and go.
Im also guessing there are regions that arent even connected yet, I just started seeing my local on the site...post #44448 of 545389/8/16 at 3:15amThread Starter
Why?! Wes found the same sweater last week.
Pretty cool. Ive never actually seen that label, but Polo has had like 1000 labels. it says copyright 1991, hence the 91 on the jacket. I don't think its a major time piece but certainly not one of the ones you'd leave behind.
Vintage 1991 Polo Ralph Lauren Sporting Goods Pre-Snow Beach 91 Jacketpost #44449 of 545389/8/16 at 3:47amSo, i went out for an evening thrift. Searching for jeans for @Timmah .
Never seen these "pig rodeo" from studio d'artisan before.
Kept walking. . Not what i'm looking for. The hunt continues.
Eh, he prolly has one.
Did pickup a super nice 100% wool pinstriped chore coat thing from SHIPS.
And some stuff just to make the dude smile.
-your box will be out tomorrow lunch time, good sir.
Edited by Thrift Vader - 9/8/16 at 4:55ampost #44450 of 545389/8/16 at 4:26amIn before Matt pms about literally any Ferrari item.
Ran for the subway yesterday. Bag got caught in the door. Yanked it through. Pulled my laptop out this morning to find my sd card bent and broken. Why doesn't Mac let me push it in flush??? Now I have to wait for a replacement to come before I can make any new listings, take any photos at all... I'm completely frozen.post #44451 of 545389/8/16 at 4:40ampost #44452 of 545389/8/16 at 4:57amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
In before Matt pms about literally any Ferrari item.
Ran for the subway yesterday. Bag got caught in the door. Yanked it through. Pulled my laptop out this morning to find my sd card bent and broken. Why doesn't Mac let me push it in flush??? Now I have to wait for a replacement to come before I can make any new listings, take any photos at all... I'm completely frozen.
Good excuse to fit in a thrift run though.
Edited by Thrift Vader - 9/8/16 at 5:26ampost #44453 of 545389/8/16 at 6:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Tweets
the 93605!post #44454 of 545389/8/16 at 7:04amHad my first thrifting dream\nightmare. Was at a new spot and started having a thriftening. NWT RRL denim, minty 3Sixteen denim and bunch of vintage selvedge jackets. Some RRL's were priced at $2.99 and 3Sixteen's at $16.99. The more I looked the more I found, it was insane and I was getting so hyped until I checked my bank account on my phone to see just how hard I could afford to kopp...$12 in the bank!! I started freaking out and trying to transfer money from saving and checking available credit on my credit card but nothing was working so I was stuck in the thrift holding all this baller gear with $12 to my name and the sharks were circling. It was awful.post #44455 of 545389/8/16 at 7:19amQuote:Originally Posted by double00
not a brag but a curiosity:
not sure what to make of this... a refin? hardware looks really really clean... cloth covered wiring...
i dunno. somebody's gotta be pretty confident in this.
Hold up... was that donated to Goodwill then sold online?
If thats the case then shit me.post #44456 of 545389/8/16 at 7:22am
Two random question, feel free to pm
1. Doing Paddle for Pints in Traverse City, MI on Saturday but staying tomorrow and Saturday night in Grand Rapids. Any thrift spots I should hit up?
2. Anyone have recommendation on some nicer lounge wear? Colder weather is coming up and I'm still wearing the same sweatpants I got during high school football (ie too big and too short on me). I have one pair of Lululemon pants that I really like (nice weight, clean look, and they have longer inseams which I rarely see in this type of product) but expensive.post #44457 of 545389/8/16 at 7:25ampost #44458 of 545389/8/16 at 7:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Dirt
Had my first thrifting dream\nightmare. Was at a new spot and started having a thriftening. NWT RRL denim, minty 3Sixteen denim and bunch of vintage selvedge jackets. Some RRL's were priced at $2.99 and 3Sixteen's at $16.99. The more I looked the more I found, it was insane and I was getting so hyped until I checked my bank account on my phone to see just how hard I could afford to kopp...$12 in the bank!! I started freaking out and trying to transfer money from saving and checking available credit on my credit card but nothing was working so I was stuck in the thrift holding all this baller gear with $12 to my name and the sharks were circling. It was awful.
That's when you take a deep breath, gather yourself, and you run. And fuck morality issues, there's so much shit in the back they'd never know......but seriously though....if this is a real life possibility, you need to restructure the contents of your wallet, because this is a problem that should never be allowed to occur. Leaving any type of grail piece behind, or something with killer fucking margins, cuz your debit is Running on E should be a misdeamenor, passed and enforced at the Federal level, thus applying to all 50 states. 3 month max jail sentence if in the top 3% of possibility offenses as dictated by all recorded epic hauls on record.
Edit: And this is possible for any and everyone. Unless you have shitty credit and shitty credit has everything to do with being irresponsible and nothing to do with your present economic standing. Be an adult, pay your bills on time and only use debit from here on out and your shit will skyrocket though.post #44459 of 545389/8/16 at 8:02ampost #44460 of 545389/8/16 at 9:02am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 9 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...