Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 2:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2954post #44297 of 546249/6/16 at 9:31amOk, kopped a personal grail yesterday. These aren't Lobbs or EGs or anything, and have probably been seen in the thread before, but I've been looking for a pair in my size for 10+ years. I just love the color combo and the Olympic connection. Finally found them in my local consignment store.
Chestnut calf and white buck spectators made by Allen Edmonds for the 1992 Barcelona US Olympic team.post #44298 of 546249/6/16 at 9:49ampost #44299 of 546249/6/16 at 10:46amQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Ok, kopped a personal grail yesterday. These aren't Lobbs or EGs or anything, and have probably been seen in the thread before, but I've been looking for a pair in my size for 10+ years. I just love the color combo and the Olympic connection. Finally found them in my local consignment store.
Chestnut calf and white buck spectators made by Allen Edmonds for the 1992 Barcelona US Olympic team.
Some action shots
Don't suppose he told you who brought them in? Would be kind of neat to know.post #44300 of 546249/6/16 at 12:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by coloRLOw
sorry for the off topic, need some help
i get this Quai De Valmy jacket (by seraphin as you know) today,and want to make sure the fabric.
but the inside tag has been cut,and the out tag says "AG NYMPHE BRILLANT + KANGOUROU" which refers to fabric i think.
so is AG NYMPHE BRILLANT a type of lamb? i can't find the answer on google translator and search. but the touch feels like lamb skin.
and the lining is real kangaroo? unimaginable for me
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My apologies if someone's already responded and I've missed it getting caught up on the thread after the long weekend. AG is likely short for "agneau", which is french for lamb. "Nymphe" suggests to me a baby lamb but someone with better french fluency can correct me. The "brilliant" translates loosely as "shiny" and refers, I think, to the finish of the leather.
And yes, the lining is most likely real kangaroo fur.
That's a truly ridiculous garment.
Edit: This feature on Henri-Georges Zaks, the proprietor of Seraphin, mentions "slipper-soft Eritrean lambskin that drapes and handles like heavy-spun silk." Sounds amazing. http://www.seraphin-france.com/pdf/rake.pdf/
Edited by dadjeans - 9/6/16 at 4:08pmpost #44301 of 546249/6/16 at 12:17pmpost #44302 of 546249/6/16 at 12:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by AlexJ1100
Some action shots
Don't suppose he told you who brought them in? Would be kind of neat to know.
That was my first thought as well... it could be that those were made available as a special edition or maybe it was athlete worn i dont know. Makes me think of the time i didnt go all in on one of the rl sochi handknits when a surplus one came up on the gw site. Sad face.post #44303 of 546249/6/16 at 12:56pmpost #44304 of 546249/6/16 at 1:01pmpost #44305 of 546249/6/16 at 1:13pmpost #44306 of 546249/6/16 at 1:50pmpost #44307 of 546249/6/16 at 2:05pmpost #44308 of 546249/6/16 at 2:24pmpost #44309 of 546249/6/16 at 2:39pmpost #44310 of 546249/6/16 at 2:42pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › Barbour Mens Medium Ariel Jacket in Olive...unworn...NWT 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 4 minutes ago
- › FS: Forme d'Expression F/W Convertible Coat – sz 50 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...