Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 10:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2943post #44132 of 513819/2/16 at 6:47pmpost #44133 of 513819/2/16 at 7:12pm
Looked around and couldn't find anything good so I'll ask. I just picked up a dark brown tie and there is a dark spot on it. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on how to clean it. I have no idea what kind of stain it is. You guys run into ties everyday. You may have some ideas. Thanks in advance.post #44134 of 513819/2/16 at 7:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fueco
The Ebay Store is on vacation mode, and I'm wrapping up things in the office before my wife and I head out for a month on the road.
It's a horrible thing to lose a child, and I wouldn't wish that on even my worst enemy. The only upside is that we get to go do something we wouldn't normally have the ability to do.
We're heading north to Alaska after swinging through Northern California to visit friends. I've always wanted to drive the Alcan Highway. After that, we get to go to a Dolly Parton concert in Edmonton (apparently, my sister in law is a huge fan). There likely will be very little, if any, thrift stops; but hopefully the trip will help to recharge our souls.
Good luck out there. Come October, all your thrifts are belong to me.
For those who missed the post over in the Ebay thread, here's the condensed version of what happened... (Click to show)
We found out that my wife was pregnant back in the spring (early April, as I recall). Everything was going normally until we hit the 14 week mark. A routine ultrasound showed that the fetus had an enlarged bladder. We saw the one finest teams of doctors anywhere (certainly the best in Colorado). The diagnosis was a bladder outlet obstruction. After about a month, the bladder was shrunken back down, but the damage was done. Daniel had little to no kidney function. We knew going in that he was going to have little, or no, kidney function at birth. Our only hope was that the amniotic fluid levels would be maintained, as that is what allows for lung development. Unfortunately, we found a few weeks ago that the fluid was nearly gone.
My wife and I made the choice to pursue an Amnioport, which allows the doctors to add fluids to the amniotic sac through a port surgically installed. She had some contractions following that surgery, but they were controlled through drugs and she went home. Then last Monday night (August 22), she was having some heavy cramping and pain. We went into the hospital on Tuesday morning, where it was discovered that her cervix was dilating (anyone who's had kids knows what this means). She was going into labor, and the doctor suggested not trying to stop it, as there was likely a reason her body was rejecting the pregnancy (the almost certain cause is an infection allowed in by a ruptured amniotic sac); and we really do want to have kid(s).
Daniel was born at 8:11 PM on August 23, and lived for less than ten minutes. A team of nurses and doctors tried to revive him, but his lungs were not developed enough at 25 weeks to allow him to breathe.
Obviously, the last 10 days have been incredibly hard, but we are fortunate to have a small but supportive group of friends here. I'll leave you with this iPhone picture of Daniel's hand holding my finger. I'd like to think he was still alive at this point and felt the love of his parents.
Mike, you have my sincere condolences. I can't even imagine the pain. I teared up when I saw that picture. Take care and we will be praying for you two.post #44135 of 513819/2/16 at 7:26pmpost #44136 of 513819/2/16 at 7:55pmpost #44137 of 513819/2/16 at 8:15pmpost #44138 of 513819/2/16 at 8:27pmpost #44139 of 513819/2/16 at 8:38pmpost #44140 of 513819/2/16 at 8:40pm
Thanks for that reminder, @Fueco. Life is precious. I was planning on hitting the Labor Day thrift / consignment sales tomorrow. FUCK THAT! I am taking my daughter to Six Flags and then out to her favorite restaurant. Mike, I can't imagine the pain of losing a child. Just know that my family's thoughts and prayers will be with you throughout your journeys. Thank you for helping me to re-organize my priorities.post #44141 of 513819/2/16 at 8:56pmThread Starterpost #44142 of 513819/2/16 at 9:17pmpost #44143 of 513819/2/16 at 9:30pmpost #44144 of 513819/2/16 at 9:31pmpost #44145 of 513819/2/16 at 9:36pm
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Best selvedge jeans 3 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Pino Peluso Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 31 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 36 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 49 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...