or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2926

post #43876 of 51449
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Thanks! I wasn't sure what to expect but I opened it and the thing is astounding.
Isn't that a Q in BrQwne?

And THQM.

post #43877 of 51449
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Thanks! I wasn't sure what to expect but I opened it and the thing is astounding.
Isn't that a Q in BrQwne?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

And THQM.

My name is Jqnathan

post #43878 of 51449
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post
 

 

yeah pretty close. my 1960 Lesley & Roberts tailcoat tux was from 16 st george st. hanover sq so they were next door neighbors it would seem. L&R was definitely in the SR club even then and in fact would relocate to the row sometime later (they're still there today iirc). 

 

that piece was amazing. i've copped other more recent SR but i doubt i'll see anything like that pop up again. the 60s-70s pieces are the ones to find, imo.

Yes.

 

 

And the other house isn't in the club, but very correct, L&R were club members long before they made the Row home.

post #43879 of 51449
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexco View Post

Haven't had internet for a bit thanks to moving. All moved now and good to go. Hit a few stores yesterday to see how they'd be.

Everything available. 

Filson 100% wool. Medium.




Bizzocchi. 16.5"




Dope graphic Nautica. Signed by gold medalist sailor Mark Reynolds(random as fuck).




BB patchwork madras w/ embroidered palm trees. Slim fit. Large.




Alden 663 tassels. 8.5D




Alden 590. 9C




AE Strands in walnut. 9.5D




The AE's are not Strands. I believe they are Cliftons. On my cell phone right now, but i'll check on if they are Cliftons when I get home.
post #43880 of 51449

I think Frenchy was taking the piss with us. Look how he zoomed in on the stitching that looks like a drunk 12 year old and the cheap plastic buttons. Unless I'm wrong and that is some diffusion line I never want to find lol

 

 

and welcome back @Jompso 

post #43881 of 51449
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace13x View Post
 

AE Strands in walnut. 9.5D




The AE's are not Strands. I believe they are Cliftons. On my cell phone right now, but i'll check on if they are Cliftons when I get home.

Look like Sanfords.

post #43882 of 51449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahljs View Post
 

That Patagonia shirt is sweet, great stop man .

 

 

I too dress mad casually. Can you imagine me, gym shorts, t shirt, sneakers rummaging through the suits/ties/furniture? They're probably like uhhhh

 

 

Yes, yes it is... It's going into my closet if it fits. :fonz:

 

 

Summertime thrifting for me is t-shirt or short sleeve button down, shorts, flip flops and a trucker hat. I certainly get looks checking the suits and ties out...

post #43883 of 51449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

 

 

Yes, yes it is... It's going into my closet if it fits. :fonz:

 

 

Summertime thrifting for me is t-shirt or short sleeve button down, shorts, flip flops and a trucker hat. I certainly get looks checking the suits and ties out...

I'm trying my hand at t's lately. It's tedious work, but, rewarding as I've found some cool ones worth keeping.

post #43884 of 51449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahljs View Post
 

I'm trying my hand at t's lately. It's tedious work, but, rewarding as I've found some cool ones worth keeping.

The one time I thrifted T-Shirts I found 3 NWOT's Neighborhood Limited Edition Shirts, 3 bucks a pop haha.....however @Takai informed me that he finds vintage loopwheeled shirts at thrifts, since that day, the shirt rack gets a skim.....and just in case fyi, loopwheeled shirts are sewn on large cyclinders so they are perfectly proportionately round and have no seams.... they no longer make them in the US, just Japan now and they're a ton, but they are seamless on both sides, maintaining perfect fit and shape, America got rid of those machines in like the 50's.... you find one, cop, it'll be your favorite shirt.

post #43885 of 51449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 

The one time I thrifted T-Shirts I found 3 NWOT's Neighborhood Limited Edition Shirts, 3 bucks a pop haha.....however @Takai informed me that he finds vintage loopwheeled shirts at thrifts, since that day, the shirt rack gets a skim.....and just in case fyi, loopwheeled shirts are sewn on large cyclinders so they are perfectly proportionately round and have no seams.... they no longer make them in the US, just Japan now and they're a ton, but they are seamless on both sides, maintaining perfect fit and shape, America got rid of those machines in like the 50's.... you find one, cop, it'll be your favorite shirt.

I prefer my Lands End super Ts. Spot on fit, seams and all. 

 

And even after looking at photos of loopwheel, I can't tell a difference. Sounds fancy though!

post #43886 of 51449
post #43887 of 51449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahljs View Post
 

I prefer my Lands End super Ts. Spot on fit, seams and all. 

 

And even after looking at photos of loopwheel, I can't tell a difference. Sounds fancy though!

Its sewn circular so it keeps it shape and it doesn't have side seams, if you had one your size you would forget what Lands End is....and it's not necessarily fancy, it's just from an era when stuff was made better, before the mass production machines were invented, thus why Japan is the only one still making them and with the machines....a loopwheeled T is the equivalent to a shuttle loom woven roll of quality selvedge denim.

post #43888 of 51449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jompso View Post
 

Its sewn circular so it keeps it shape and it doesn't have side seams, if you had one your size you would forget what Lands End is....and it's not necessarily fancy, it's just from an era when stuff was made better, before the mass production machines were invented, thus why Japan is the only one still making them and with the machines....a loopwheeled T is the equivalent to a shuttle loom woven roll of quality selvedge denim.

Ahhh hah, I see, no side seams would be legit. Thanks Jompso, always informative. 

post #43889 of 51449
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

Look like Sanfords.

 

They're Sanfords. Brag post at 6am after no sleep fail right there.

post #43890 of 51449
This keeps taunting me. $100.



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)