Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 3:07 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 2882post #43216 of 549848/20/16 at 4:53amOn my way out of the city to visit a friend I hit a thrift shop I rarely go to. Left there with 20+ pairs of men's pants from the 1980's from Matsuda/Nicole, Yohji Yamamoto, Comme Des Garcons, and Issey Miyake. Crazy pleats all over, lots of weird materials, low crotches, etc. I'll take photos when I can. Is anyone an expert on the Japanese designers in the 1980's? It's really intriguing stuff.post #43217 of 549848/20/16 at 4:55amPrevious post: "I just picked up a suit with that same tag. And it was made in Italy and has the zegna traveller cloth as shown. Confused me as it makes it seem like it's a different maker than Zegna proper. Insights?"
Yes....as you can see the tag just identifies the cloth the suit was made from. Just like all the suits you see with Loro Piana tags, you have to look at the size/material tag to see where it was made, and perhaps by the looks of the tag who actually made the suit. There are many many different makers using the Zegna cloth to choose from but only one of them is ...ZEGNA!post #43218 of 549848/20/16 at 6:17amQuote:
Odd... Why has she been allowed to behave in such a manner? If the crazy bitch tried that down here (with many of the flippers that I know), she will be on a soft foods diet for a while. We tolerate competition, but never rudeness or outright theft.post #43219 of 549848/20/16 at 6:18amQuote:I like this "eddie" guy. Send him over here so we can play darts, get wasted. And party around Tokyo.
He can keep the shoes, thoughtful people are my kind of people.Quote:
Pimp slap incoming. . . .Quote:The Swag is real.Originally Posted by varietygoods
On my way out of the city to visit a friend I hit a thrift shop I rarely go to. Left there with 20+ pairs of men's pants from the 1980's from Matsuda/Nicole, Yohji Yamamoto, Comme Des Garcons, and Issey Miyake. Crazy pleats all over, lots of weird materials, low crotches, etc. I'll take photos when I can. Is anyone an expert on the Japanese designers in the 1980's? It's really intriguing stuff.
Hit up @easye. He digs it. I know a little. But not as much as you need
.post #43220 of 549848/20/16 at 6:28ampost #43221 of 549848/20/16 at 6:33amQuote:
I'm sure that @ATLjon is familiar with "red" - she's a real piece of work. You'll come across her sooner or later, @concealed, if you haven't already.post #43222 of 549848/20/16 at 6:55ampost #43223 of 549848/20/16 at 6:57ampost #43224 of 549848/20/16 at 6:58amQuote:
What are the deets on this "Red?" Does she primarily haunt the Buckhead GW? What is a brief physical description? What behaviors does she exhibit that would make her memorable?post #43225 of 549848/20/16 at 7:05ampost #43226 of 549848/20/16 at 7:12am
The car is STILL in the shop, but I got to borrow wife's car for most of the day. Didn't turn up much, but it was good to be out.
Super worn vintage Florshiems that have definitely been resoled a few times and even have a fresh set. Whoever did that is my hero.
Unknown Vintage Jods, all i can read is "Made in England". Super small.
Odd Tweed Vest
Brooks Brothers Puppytooth
3 kinda dated sutis, but this was the last stop and it was a slooooow day, so.
Best, yet least expensive, find of the day.post #43227 of 549848/20/16 at 7:52amQuote:
I have no idea. I know the workers there and she's apparently been coming there for years. Doesn't excuse it. Only other competition at that store is her friend, who's extremely nice. To be fair, my girlfriend was there and had to be talked down from sticking her since I couldn't. Sucks for her that I'm moving into the area as of next week and am petty as fuck. I'm sure there'll be more to this story at some point lol.post #43228 of 549848/20/16 at 8:08amQuote:Originally Posted by vexco
I have no idea. I know the workers there and she's apparently been coming there for years. Doesn't excuse it. Only other competition at that store is her friend, who's extremely nice. To be fair, my girlfriend was there and had to be talked down from sticking her since I couldn't. Sucks for her that I'm moving into the area as of next week and am petty as fuck. I'm sure there'll be more to this story at some point lol.post #43229 of 549848/20/16 at 8:59ampost #43230 of 549848/20/16 at 9:30am
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...